Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
harmsja
Earning My Ears

no bb discount for wl deluxe rooms

I just returned from a trip to Disney in early May. While I was there I wanted to book a bounceback offer to go back in late October. I had an existing reservation at Wilderness Lodge for a deluxe room (used to be called jr. suite) as we are a family of six. We love Club level and these rooms are also get club access. When I called, the CM told me that the deluxe rooms are classified as a "suite" and therefore only get a 5% discount instead of the offered 35%.

My parents are joining us in a regular woods view room. Knowing that the deluxe rooms are on multiple floors, I figured we could be close to each other.

The CM said I could book two rooms and get the 35%, but my husband may have to back out at the last minute due to work and then they won't give me two rooms without two adults. Five cannot fit in a std WL room.

What to do??? I picked WL because we are spending a lot of time at MK and also planning two trips to Ft. Wilderness as well.

Also, if I try to switch the discount to free dining if that comes available later, am I going to be able to get it with the deluxe room? or will I run into the same problem?
harmsja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

I'd book 2 rooms at a different MK deluxe with the discount and that way if your DH has to cancel last minute, you can still at least fit the 5 of you in one room. Not ideal, but I'm not sure how else you'd work around not knowing if DH will be there or not. Or, put one of the kids in with the grandparents???
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: