Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did you receive FD pin good for end of Aug-Dec?
Yes, but I don't intend to use it 16 9.09%
Yes, and I am using it 31 17.61%
No, but not using it anyway 21 11.93%
No, but I really want it 108 61.36%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Recent FD Pin

Seems many have received it. Figured a poll would put it into better perspective. I did not receive it and hope I do.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
chekhovgirl
Mouseketeer

I fall into another category: Yes, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it

chekhovgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Terk-1
Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,302.5 miles from the Magic Kingdom!

Unhappy Did Not Get One

I never seem to get the pin codes, nor was I offered the bounce back when I was there last. I'm hoping to get it, as it lands right at the beginning of my upcoming trip. I never seem to get discount codes.
80,82,85,88,90,93,94, 96 - ASMu, 97-98 - DxL, 99 - POFQ & BC, 00 - WL & POFQ, 01 - ASMo, 02 - Poly, 03 - CBR & WL, 04 -Pop, 05 - GC @ DL, 06 - POFQ, 07 - San Diego, 08 - San Diego (twice), 09 - Sports, 11 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 12 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
October 2013 - First Disney Cruise!!!! Western Caribbean on the Wonder
November-December 2013 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

November-December 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!!

Pictures & Video from November 2011 Trip! More to upload.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wdwfan6
Terk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Disfan454
Earning My Ears

Sorry for the newby question but what ideally should prompt a PIN to go to someone. Being a member of DVC, having a reservation etc... I havent received the FD PIN (which I assume comes via email) and not sure I will/should. I have a reservation for 12/13 currently.
Disfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan454 View Post
Sorry for the newby question but what ideally should prompt a PIN to go to someone. Being a member of DVC, having a reservation etc... I havent received the FD PIN (which I assume comes via email) and not sure I will/should. I have a reservation for 12/13 currently.
Pin codes are random. Some believe registering on Disney's website and doing price inquiries helps your odds. Also ordering the Disney planning DVD. They come both by mail and email. People have gotten them that have reservations, people who don't, people who have been there before and people who haven't, so basically you just have to be lucky.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Pin codes are random. Some believe registering on Disney's website and doing price inquiries helps your odds. Also ordering the Disney planning DVD. They come both by mail and email. People have gotten them that have reservations, people who don't, people who have been there before and people who haven't, so basically you just have to be lucky.
I was thinking about this last night. I've recieved pretty much every PIN code there has been for the last 2 years. We have booked our last 3 WDW vacations online on the WDW website. I wonder if that has anything to do with triggering all the PIN codes? How many people recieved this code that use a travel agent or book by phone?
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
scard192
DIS Veteran

I didn't get the PIN but my sister did and we were able to apply it to both rooms we had booked together. I have gotten most Pins that I have seen posted here over the last dew years.I am the family WDW planner and have saved reservations on the Disney website, ordered the DVD, anything else I can think of. I did book a trip last week using my e-mail address.

My sister who had the PIN (never got the e-mail) has done nothing with Disney since she last went in 2009. She does have a Disney Visa and sometimes get a PIN. So she has done none of the things that people think might cause Disney to issue a PIN.

One of the great mysteries....
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
Haunted_Mansion_Mom
Earning My Ears

My DH seems to get Pins all the time. He's convinced he gets them because when we visited the parks in 2010, he was approached by a CM to do a survey using their hand held electronic device. I never get pins :-( Thankful someone in the household does!
Haunted_Mansion_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
anonomouse
Earning My Ears

I got the PIN, but have planned all along to go in September so I already booked using the public code.
anonomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Mansion_Mom View Post
My DH seems to get Pins all the time. He's convinced he gets them because when we visited the parks in 2010, he was approached by a CM to do a survey using their hand held electronic device. I never get pins :-( Thankful someone in the household does!
I did three of those surveys in 2010 and still don't get them.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

I've been signed up for 12 yrs, have stayed onsite, made reservations over the web & phone, ordered multiple DVDs, completed several in park surveys, been a Disney Visa Cardholder, receive multiple newsletters, priced out vacations online, just about everything you could think of. I've never gotten a PIN... ever.

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
drgnfly30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #12
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

I did not get the PIN, but I am booked already for November with dining. I am really hoping they end up releasing this to the general public eventually. In the 3 year gap that I did not visit WDW (2009-2011) I received about 8 PIN codes and now nothing.

At first I thought it was maybe because they already had me booked so why send me one? But my sister has had her end of October Disneymoon booked for a while now and she got the PIN last night! She called today and saved $789!! I am hopeful that it will go to the general public at some point... My dates are 11/6-11/11 and it looks like it starts on 11/11 so I will still be able to get it for my whole stay!

tinkerbella16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
I did not get the PIN, but I am booked already for November with dining. I am really hoping they end up releasing this to the general public eventually. In the 3 year gap that I did not visit WDW (2009-2011) I received about 8 PIN codes and now nothing.

At first I thought it was maybe because they already had me booked so why send me one? But my sister has had her end of October Disneymoon booked for a while now and she got the PIN last night! She called today and saved $789!! I am hopeful that it will go to the general public at some point... My dates are 11/6-11/11 and it looks like it starts on 11/11 so I will still be able to get it for my whole stay!
Unfortunately, you can't get it for your whole stay. You could only get it for the 11th and any days after that. Your check in day is the day that matters.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #14
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Unfortunately, you can't get it for your whole stay. You could only get it for the 11th and any days after that. Your check in day is the day that matters.
Ah! Thank you for clarifying! This is why I shouldn't believe every single post on the boards, I have read more than once in other threads that I would! I should already know this anyway, but seems like I am not the only one who is confused! Now I am hopeful that these are not the exact dates IF free dining comes out to the general public! LOL I would take a RO discount... ANYTHING PLEASE!!!

tinkerbella16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post

Actually she would not get it at all. Your check in date must fall within the FD promo dates to have it applied to your entire stay - its a all or nothing scenario, you don't get it for one day.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: