Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #61
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva8401 View Post
Tower of terror. Total loss of control, I felt like I was plummeting to my death.
That is exactly how it makes me feel. Not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
Tower of Terror! Will never, ever, ever ride that ride again even if you offered me a million dollars to do it.
As much as I hate it, I'd probably do it for $100. Maybe even $50.

Scariest ride ever for my son-in-law. Space Mountain without the bar locked in place.

He is 6' 8" and, as it was his first visit to Disney, didn't know to ask for the front seat. As a result, he could not put his legs down so had them bent at the knees. The bar would not push down far enough to lock in place. He faked the "push up on bar" drill.

I always assumed they had some kind of light board that turned when each seat had a locked bar. Either that doesn't exist, or it malfunctions enough that he got away with it.

Anyway, he thought it was a "kiddie ride" but ended up hanging on for his life during the whole ride. To this day, he won't go near it. He is not convinced the front seat has enough leg room for him.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #62
Suelala
Mouseketeer

I rode Everest last trip, and it really was awful! I screamed so much, I was hoarse for 3 days! My daughter loved it, though. I don't ride TOT anymore...don't like the drop! Wont ride Rockin Roller Coaster...Hey! I just realized I am turning into a chicken! All I have left to say is BRUCK,BRUCK, BRUCK! (That's a chicken sound!)
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #63
capegirl
DIS Veteran

I never had a problem with any ride, anywhere, until my bad moment on Everest. I was fine until we went backwards.....I literally felt as though I was going to pass out. On the way down, I had visions of the coaster pulling in with my limp body slumped over in my seat, and my poor family having to deal with it all. To this day I don't know how I managed to remain conscious. No more Everest.....I don't think backwards G forces agree with me.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #64
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

I don't even know the name of the ride that scared me. It was a 2 person tube ride at one of the water parks. We walked up a lot of steps and where way up on what seemed like a mountain to me,I am very afraid of heights. The tube track was on the right side on the edge of the mountain. When we started down the tube run it felt like our tube was going to fly off the track and over embankment down the hill. My husband says I kept saying make it stop over and over again. I just remember thinking it was never going to end. I love Crusher Gusher because they have a cover over them. My fear is the tube flying off the track not water slides them self.
Donna in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #65
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I opens this thread because now I am not sure if tot will stay in my. Bucket list

Back on topic astro orbit something it is Mk any way I was convinced I was going to fall out
Old 05-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #66
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Space Mountain
Tower of Terror
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #67
aml3679
Kita's Mom

Teacups
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #68
TowMater92
Mouseketeer

Its A Small World Of Chucky Dolls

Really it has to be Summit Plummet at BB
TowMater92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #69
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor
Back on topic astro orbit something it is Mk any way I was convinced I was going to fall out
THIS! Astro was on my to-do list when I went in March because in 13 years of trips with my family, we'd never done it. As soon as it started I was convinced I was going to fall out and clung to the sides with a look of horror on my face until we got off. Never again!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #70
Enchanted Minnie
Mouseketeer

Like alot of others I'd have to say TOT and Dinosaur. When I rode them years ago with my DH I tolerated them. But apparently the older I get the bigger wuss I became! I was covering my children for dear life in Dinosaur LOL. Logically I knew it was just a ride but dang, that's a very realistic dinosaur!!

On TOT when he and I rode it years ago it was before the seat belts so it was that lap bar. I was thinner then, before kids, and a larger gentleman sat in my row. I was on the end. I remember every drop half my body felt like it was flying out! Even still I tried it again, and nope, never going to do it again!
Enchanted Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #71
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I was terrified of ToT the first time I rode it!! But I ended up absolutely loving it! Now I'm older, and it makes me a bit queasy, but I force myself to ride because my sister loves it so much

I'm still too scared to ride Mission: Space. I don't see myself ever riding that one!!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #72
Mary*Poppins
Mouseketeer

Astro Orbiter!!

Mary*Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #73
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

Hum I don't do rides. DD7 drug me on barnstormer last week. I almost puked

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #74
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post
I rode Everest last trip, and it really was awful! I screamed so much, I was hoarse for 3 days! My daughter loved it, though. I don't ride TOT anymore...don't like the drop! Wont ride Rockin Roller Coaster...Hey! I just realized I am turning into a chicken! All I have left to say is BRUCK,BRUCK, BRUCK! (That's a chicken sound!)
My DD7 rode this last week and has not stopped raving about how she loved it! Couldn't pay me enough to ride it!

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #75
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGirl View Post
Mission Space: Team Orange

I rode it a couple a weeks ago because it had been awhile since I did the Orange side. And now I understand why I no longer do Team Orange.

This I have tried every ride. TOT, Rock and Roller Coaster, Dinosaur, none felt like Mission Space Orange. I felt like my chest was compressed and I lost my breath. I tried MS Green first and it wasn't bad, so decided to try Orange. Never again!
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: