Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Maps help

I am looking for 2 maps. One walking from Swan to Epcot and the other walking from Swan to DHS.

I have seen a large (far away) one for both together, but looking to see if anyone has each separate.

Thanks

Last edited by figmentswife; 05-13-2013 at 03:59 PM.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
I am looking for 2 maps. One walking from Swan to Epcot and the other walking from Swan to DHS.

I have seen a large (far away) one for both together, but looking to see if anyone has each separate.

Thanks
Respectfully, why? Can you not read them or afraid you will get lost? I don't think you will. Walk out the side doors of the Swan, turn right and over the bridge. When you see the archway for the Boardwalk:
- turn right to go to DHS (there are no other turns, just follow the sidewalk)
- go straight thru the archway to the boardwalk to head to Epcot. Keep walking straight (eventually you will go over a bridge past the ESPN Club), turn right and you will walk right into Epcot.

Maps are nice, but not really needed since it's basically a straight shot to both places once you hit the Boardwalk archway.

(There is an alternate route to Epcot past the Yacht Club, but it takes a few minutes longer.)

The only maps I know of are Robo's walking path maps, but I'm guessing these are the ones you've seen.
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=13
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Yep I am concerned about walking to both. Never stayed there before and I can't seem to visualize the walks. I wanted to take them with us the first time and didn't want to stress over it since it will be just me and my DD

Last edited by figmentswife; 05-13-2013 at 07:58 PM.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

Maybe your best bet would be to go on Mapquest or Google Maps and print out something from there?

There are signs that will direct you, and, especially with Epcot, it is very close and easy to find. With HS, there is only one way to get there, and someone from the resort can help if you get lost.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
rteetz
DIS Veteran

We stayed at dolphin last year which is right next to the swan. Honestly you don't even need maps the signs are good enough. Epcot is right there just walk across the boardwalk next door and your there you can see the world showcase entrance from the swan. DHS you talk the walkway behind the boardwalk and just keep walking its right next to the waterways. We never did walk to DHS the boat is nice and easy to use its right in between the two hotels. We only walked to Epcot because it only took 5 minutes. So maps aren't really needed there very very close to the hotels and if you get confused follow the signs or ask someone. Epcot should be a breeze DHS should be about a 10-15 minute walk.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: