Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

DVC Comming to the Poly

Thought it wouldn't be long but surprised its so soon after the DVC at the GF:

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/new...arting-in-2013
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Am I the only person who was hoping and praying this WOULDN'T happen? I'm very attached to the Poly beach and don't want to see it more cluttered. I just don't see how it will fit the aesthetic.

WDW in Pearls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
Am I the only person who was hoping and praying this WOULDN'T happen? I'm very attached to the Poly beach and don't want to see it more cluttered. I just don't see how it will fit the aesthetic.
I suspect most people on the Poly beach at night aren't actually staying there anyway
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post

I suspect most people on the Poly beach at night aren't actually staying there anyway
That would be me

I love the poly but have never been able to justify the price when I have DVC so hopefully in the future I'll get to stay there.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Wow. If that's true, I'm amazed.
Is Saratoga sold out yet? Not to mention the new GF DVC.
They must all be selling very well to be starting a new resort so soon.

On the mocked up photo, the grand villas on stilts look awfully close to the boat dock for the ferry. I'm not sure that looks right. It wouldn't be the most relaxing of places to stay.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Last nov we were told ssr was sold out and only akv were for sale. Im sure they will be great but very expensive per point

We are yet to purchase dvc but we should have done it years ago :-(
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of the perks of being a DVC member, visiting other resorts and pool hopping, when we were recently staying at AKV we pool-hopped to the Poly and first asked at the front desk if it would be okay. We were told that it wasn't allowed but we questioned the young cast-member and ask her to verify it, after a few minutes of chatting to an older cast-member she came back and said it was all okay and yes we could spend the day at their pool as it was nowhere near capacity.

Had a great day, spent most of the time on the beach and a few hours in one of the hammocks which was facing the new DVC GF building and dreamt that one day soon we could be staying there, if only for a few days?

Will now be dreaming of a DVC Polynesian stay......
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
One of the perks of being a DVC member, visiting other resorts and pool hopping, when we were recently staying at AKV we pool-hopped to the Poly and first asked at the front desk if it would be okay. We were told that it wasn't allowed but we questioned the young cast-member and ask her to verify it, after a few minutes of chatting to an older cast-member she came back and said it was all okay and yes we could spend the day at their pool as it was nowhere near capacity.

Had a great day, spent most of the time on the beach and a few hours in one of the hammocks which was facing the new DVC GF building and dreamt that one day soon we could be staying there, if only for a few days?

Will now be dreaming of a DVC Polynesian stay......
I didn't say it wasn't allowed, it was in response to the initial comment by the person who said they didn't want the beach to get busy with all the DVC people who woud be staying there - I was just pointing out that may of the people there probably weren't staying at the Poly anyway.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
irenep
DIS Veteran

Well, I don't think I would buy any more DVC points there, even if I could afford to.

The one and only time I stayed at the Poly I just found it way too busy with too many people hanging around waiting for the restaurants or crowding out the pool. I really wanted to enjoy it but it was not relaxing at all and I won't be back

All the extra DVC rooms will make it even more hectic around there and I seriously doubt that the monorail will be able to cope, especially with all the extra people at the GF DVC. Someone better be looking at the bigger picture with pools and transport too and not just rubbing their hands with glee waiting for the money to come rushing in.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenep View Post
Well, I don't think I would buy any more DVC points there, even if I could afford to.

The one and only time I stayed at the Poly I just found it way too busy with too many people hanging around waiting for the restaurants or crowding out the pool. I really wanted to enjoy it but it was not relaxing at all and I won't be back

All the extra DVC rooms will make it even more hectic around there and I seriously doubt that the monorail will be able to cope, especially with all the extra people at the GF DVC. Someone better be looking at the bigger picture with pools and transport too and not just rubbing their hands with glee waiting for the money to come rushing in.
Well looking at the plan, if its correct they are building a new massive pool, but you have a good point about the monorail, the GF and Poly DVC resorts mean a ton of extra people staying on the monorail route.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
No, I'm with you! We had our wedding vow renewal on Luau Beach and I would hate for it to be changed and become cluttered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Thought it wouldn't be long but surprised its so soon after the DVC at the GF:

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/new...arting-in-2013
It's been floating around for a while that the Poly was next on the list. I think they're building them too fast, last I checked, they were still selling AKL, SSR, Aulani, and then there is GF too. With the price hike, I think they're going to struggle if they build at the Poly too.
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #12
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

SSR has been sold out for a while now. AKV is about 85 percent sold so won't last much more than a year and VGF is very small so will sell quicker. I wouldn't be surprised at all if poly follows quickly. DVC must be selling well as they have just raised prices and in fact DVCNews reports that April 2013 sold more points than recently so no shortage of buyers.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
WDW in Pearls

Quote:

I always did when I stayed there. I feel like a huge benefit of staying at the Poly is having the beach right there. When we're in club level we usually watch the fireworks from the room because of the crowds but will be down there at some point or another.

Plus, I have a feeling DVCs will ruin the lagoon views. I think GF looks too cluttered with the DVCs now, and I would hate to be that person who bought the suites facing the monorail that appear to be only a few feet away.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
WDW in Pearls

Just looked at the mock up again. My dream of getting married at Sunset Point looks like its officially over. The grand villas look awkwardly close.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Just looked at the mock up again. My dream of getting married at Sunset Point looks like its officially over. The grand villas look awkwardly close.
I didn't think about that, I want my VR there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: