Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
whitek1275
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 87

Be Our Guest Question

Hey guys!


Trying to plan our day at MK. What time do you typically plan on getting in line for lunch at BOG?
whitek1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
chartle
DIS Veteran
 
chartle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pgh
Posts: 14,507

I have read 10 10:30. You should probably ask this in the Restaurants forum.
__________________
'77 FW Campsite, '99 FW Cabin, Feb '06 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, Aug '08 Offsite, Feb '10 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, May '11 Offsite, Dec '13 Offsite
ME DW DS24 DS22
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran
 
RedHeadedFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S Florida
Posts: 1,172

Lines start around 10:30 from what I've seen during our visits since it opened. Last week we hit a very managable 20 min wait closer to 2pm. (We didn't want to spend the morning waiting in line for lunch )
__________________
Me DH DD9
RedHeadedFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
JessM
We all have a dream
 
JessM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,128

BOG closes at 2pm. I'd get in line around 1:30, I would not waste my morning waiting in line to have lunch at 10:30am. My parents got in line around 1:30 a couple weeks ago (it was cut off soon after) and they had their food in 30mins. I did this in Dec as well and had our food in 30mins. Well worth the wait IMO
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
firstwdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 695

we got in line at 10:20 am on a Tuesday-they opened at 10:30-we got right in and we were out of there a little after 11.
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
RSWA2
Mouseketeer
 
RSWA2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
BOG closes at 2pm. I'd get in line around 1:30, I would not waste my morning waiting in line to have lunch at 10:30am. My parents got in line around 1:30 a couple weeks ago (it was cut off soon after) and they had their food in 30mins. I did this in Dec as well and had our food in 30mins. Well worth the wait IMO
If you eat there, are you still able to explore the restaurant after 2? And is Beast still around after you are done eating? So like between 2:30-3?
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran
 
RedHeadedFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S Florida
Posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWA2 View Post
If you eat there, are you still able to explore the restaurant after 2? And is Beast still around after you are done eating? So like between 2:30-3?
Beast doesn't show for lunch - just dinner.

I believe you are able to explore until 2, but not between then & when they reopen for dinner.
__________________
Me DH DD9
RedHeadedFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
RSWA2
Mouseketeer
 
RSWA2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post
Beast doesn't show for lunch - just dinner.

I believe you are able to explore until 2, but not between then & when they reopen for dinner.
Thanks, so since part of the draw is exploring the castle, if you show up at this time, you want to explore before you get your food.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran
 
RedHeadedFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S Florida
Posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWA2 View Post
Thanks, so since part of the draw is exploring the castle, if you show up at this time, you want to explore before you get your food.
We ordered & found a table & then walked around a bit while we waited for food. DH was tired & happy to sit at the table, so he waited while I walked around with the girls.
__________________
Me DH DD9
RedHeadedFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.