Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Is BOG dinner much better than lunch?

I know it's really hard to get because its newer....but is it really that great?? Enough to use a TS credit...or just do lunch? I mean...it's a similar experience...eating on the same room/table??
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
I know it's really hard to get because its newer....but is it really that great?? Enough to use a TS credit...or just do lunch? I mean...it's a similar experience...eating on the same room/table??
I haven't eaten there during lunch, but I can't imagine eating there without Beast strolling through and getting pictures with him afterwards. It was an awesome experience and has now made our must do list.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I haven't eaten there during lunch, but I can't imagine eating there without Beast strolling through and getting pictures with him afterwards. It was an awesome experience and has now made our must do list.
hi, so beast does wander around at dinner? I really hope so as it will make my granddaughters day as we have a ressie for dinner when we go
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingken View Post

hi, so beast does wander around at dinner? I really hope so as it will make my granddaughters day as we have a ressie for dinner when we go
He doesn't wander around. He walks through the dining room every so often. It takes literally 5 seconds. But you do get to have a picture with him after your dinner.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

I do believe the food offering is mostly the same between lunch and dinner but there are three reasons why I would keep that dinner reservation :

1) So hard to get, you don't want to lose it. You'll have to wait 30-45 minutes for lunch anyway...

2) You get to have your picture taken with Beast, which I didn't know but it's pretty cool!

3) Magic Kingdom TS offering is not that great so I don't know what you would change it for...

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

I think it depends on what you like. To us, the food was much more appealing at lunch instead of dinner so we are going to do either an early or late lunch and leave one more dinner reservation available for someone that really wants it!

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We did both lunch and dinner on our last visit- not on the same day of course.

I would say that either meal would be enjoyable, but they are quite different. First of all, the menus are different- and if our dishes were typical, I'd say that the quality of the food was very good. The dinner is definitely worth a TS credit, so long as the menu has items on it that you and your family would find appealing.

Service was also excellent on the night that we dined there- neither too rushed nor too lengthy. And being able to have a glass of wine near the end of a long park day was a nice side benefit.

The Beast does make appearances in the ballroom during dinner, but as a PP noted, he only does a brief walk through from one door to another. Each guest has the opportunity for a photopass photo on their way out of the restaurant when their dinner is finished.

Of course the dining rooms are the same, and you will eat with real china plates and cutlery instead of plastic and paper at lunch. But we prefer to have our beverages served to us rather than getting it ourselves from the self serve counter in each room. And we also would rather have only one course at a time on the table. I don't want my entree cooling in front of me while I'm eating my soup, KWIM?

So is dinner BETTER than lunch? Depends on what you want, I suppose. They're just different. They are both good and we'll definitely be back on our next trip.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I think their lunch is one of the best CS lunches in MK. But as others posted if you were able to secure a dinner ADR I would keep it- its like gold these days if you'd like you can check out my lunch review if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/b...-review-jw.htm
Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
I think their lunch is one of the best CS lunches in MK. But as others posted if you were able to secure a dinner ADR I would keep it- its like gold these days if you'd like you can check out my lunch review if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/b...-review-jw.htm
Loved your review and it makes me feel good since I can't score a dinner reservation to go for an early lunch and get to see the inside of the castle which will be really cool. Thanks again!
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: