Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
dis2cruise
Long Island, NY
 
dis2cruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,183

Few questions never been to U.S. or I.O.A.....

1. Is it possible to go to both parks in one day?

2. If not, which one would you suggest and why?

3. We will be in the Orlando area the week before Christmas 12/16 -12/23
How crowded is it will these parks be?

4. Did I hear about a grinch breakfast offered this time of the year, if so was it worth going?

Thanks for any info....
__________________
Thanks, Cheryl

[
[IMG]http://i31
dis2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post
1. Is it possible to go to both parks in one day?

2. If not, which one would you suggest and why?

3. We will be in the Orlando area the week before Christmas 12/16 -12/23
How crowded is it will these parks be?

4. Did I hear about a grinch breakfast offered this time of the year, if so was it worth going?

Thanks for any info....
If you stay on site you can possibly, do both in one day using express pass, but you certainly could not do everything there is to do and see.

It will be fairly busy that week, not as busy as the next, but still busy

There is a grinch breakfast. We did it two years ago and hated it. Awful food, poor character acting
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran
 
mjohnson96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rantoul, KS
Posts: 1,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post
1. Is it possible to go to both parks in one day?

2. If not, which one would you suggest and why?

3. We will be in the Orlando area the week before Christmas 12/16 -12/23
How crowded is it will these parks be?

4. Did I hear about a grinch breakfast offered this time of the year, if so was it worth going?

Thanks for any info....
i would try to go for more than one day honestly. It will be a pretty busy week since you are getting closer to Christmas.

If you can swing it I would suggest staying 1 night onsite, then you get 2 days of express passes and 2 days of early entry.

What kind of group do you have going? That would make all the difference in what park(s) you should and can hit. For example if you have older teens who like coasters then you might want to stay on the IOA side more. You can do both but you just won't see everything. They are just next door to each other so the walk between gates is around 10 min maybe if that.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD 11) (DD 4)



mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
dis2cruise
Long Island, NY
 
dis2cruise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
i would try to go for more than one day honestly. It will be a pretty busy week since you are getting closer to Christmas.

If you can swing it I would suggest staying 1 night onsite, then you get 2 days of express passes and 2 days of early entry.

What kind of group do you have going? That would make all the difference in what park(s) you should and can hit. For example if you have older teens who like coasters then you might want to stay on the IOA side more. You can do both but you just won't see everything. They are just next door to each other so the walk between gates is around 10 min maybe if that.
I'm sorry I should have added more info...

We will be staying at Disney with our dvc so unfortunately we won't be able to stay at universal. 3 adults will be going me, dh and our 20 yr old dd. my dh/ dd love roller coasters but I don't however, I don't mind finding a Park bench
__________________
Thanks, Cheryl

[
[IMG]http://i31
dis2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran
 
mjohnson96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rantoul, KS
Posts: 1,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post

I'm sorry I should have added more info...

We will be staying at Disney with our dvc so unfortunately we won't be able to stay at universal. 3 adults will be going me, dh and our 20 yr old dd. my dh/ dd love roller coasters but I don't however, I don't mind finding a Park bench
If you only did one then US might be good. There are more show type attractions that you all would enjoy. There is also RRR and Mummy for coasters that are favorites of ours.

I think you could still some of both if you got there early. WWOHP is a must see IMO over on the IOA side and there is some really neat sight seeing too at both.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DD 11) (DD 4)



mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,273
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post
1. Is it possible to go to both parks in one day? If this is your first visit to Universal, you should not try to cram both parks into a single day. Both need to be explored and enjoyed...you would not be able to do everything in both parks anyway. You would only be able to do the highlights and if that's what you're looking for then you could do it.

2. If not, which one would you suggest and why? You would need to check the website and see what both parks offer and which one you are more interested in. Remember...there is no discount available for single day admissions.

3. We will be in the Orlando area the week before Christmas 12/16 -12/23
How crowded is it will these parks be? Both parks will be crowded since you're getting close to Christmas but still manageable. Keep in mind crowd levels will increase with the opening of Transformers at the Studios. You would need to arrive early and plan to spend the entire day.

4. Did I hear about a grinch breakfast offered this time of the year, if so was it worth going? Most people who've done the breakfast have said they enjoyed the character interaction but the food was just standard fare. You will have plenty of chances to meet the Grinch so you won't be missing much if you skip it.
My answers above.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,143

I have done it, not recommended. I have even done 2 Disney Parks in 1 day. Its best to take 2 or more days, dedicate at least 1 day per park. Its more relaxing. But its actually more doable than Disney parks because both parks are right together within walking distance.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.