Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Jostene
Earning My Ears

Annual pass question

Last year in September I renewed my Premiere Annual pass for the 2nd year in a row and I know I did not pay $289...I paid $170 (verified on CC - and yes I have premiere, not preferred)

Did they jump the prices recently or are any tickets grandfathered to pricing? I'm trying to budget as my twins are now over 3 and I need annual passes for them - but now I think I need to change our tickets because of this?

Thanks
Jostene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm confused about the dollar amounts in your post, because we have Preferred APs and a September renew date, and last year we paid 170.39 for each pass renewal. I don't know how you did, too, with a Premier. So I'm bypassing that and going to the kids.

I doubt if the kids need premier, right? They can't go to HHN and they won't be using the CityWalk club passes, and the Preferred gives you the 365 days of admission. If you planned your visits strictly around the blockout calendar you could even get them Power Passes to really reduce their costs.

Ohhhh, you're a FL resident, aren't you? Different prices, different renewal prices.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

These were the renewal rates for last year. I renewed my Preferred AP last month and it was the same amount.

Here are the three levels of renewal....

Power Pass - $134.99 plus tax

Preferred Pass - $159.99 plus tax

Premier Pass - $289.99 plus tax

If you were charged $170.39 for the renewal of the Premier AP you were lucky. You might want to think about changing your children's passes from Premier to Preferred or even the Power Passes since they are young. The wouldn't be able to use the benefits that come with the Premier and it will save you money to downgrade their passes.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

todd i was just looking for the above info, thanks

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
Jostene
Earning My Ears

Sorry, I was typing while my kids were screaming at me. I meant to mention that I was going to buy them power passes. That's all they need. We never visit during block out dates and if we did - we wouldn't bring the kids. I want to budget staggering the tickets so I'm not paying for 4 tickets at the same time but paying for their two 6 months apart from ours but now I'm confused about my own tickets and love having premiere passes and had upgraded them 2 years ago from preferred because the difference in price was something like $50 per ticket and I thought that was too good of a deal to pass up but now I have no clue what my rate is going to be. Guess we'll see in September. That free valet service was worth every penny.
Jostene is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: