DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #46
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 7,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post

The premium should be around $5/pp + buyer pays MF (approx. $5.50) so overall cost would be around $10.50 more pp than stripped. Can add a few dollars if buyer wants but not much more.
But the point is that loaded contracts AREN'T selling for $10 more per point, so why shouldn't the sellers make that $10-$12 pp transfer before putting their contract on the market?
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14 Past TR: 5/14, 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #47
NoleFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
But the point is that loaded contracts AREN'T selling for $10 more per point, so why shouldn't the sellers make that $10-$12 pp transfer before putting their contract on the market?
That is correct. However, I was pointing out the value from a potential buyer's perspective not my recommendation of what a seller should do. Regardless, it is a sellers market right now- loaded contracts seem pretty limited.

Last edited by NoleFan; 05-12-2013 at 09:40 PM.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #48
sndral
DIS Veteran
 
sndral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,650

I took a look @ the ROFR thread to see if there was an uptick in stripped contracts passing v. loaded contracts. I checked the AKV list - no ROFR exercised and of the 25 reported sales that passed ROFR only one 100 pt contract had no points available before 2014. There were a couple where I couldn't tell, but almost all had some 2013 points.
As a buyer I am looking for a contract that enables me to visit WDW when I intend to go, thus buying a stripped contract means I'll have to pay for lodging next trip rather than using those recently bought points, not to mention paying MF for a year w/ no benefits. Plus I'm buying what is, inevitably, a declining asset, so I doubt that I'd be interested in a contract w/ no points until 2014 (as I'm looking @ a fall use year.)
__________________
sndral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #49
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran
 
Kidanifan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I took a look @ the ROFR thread to see if there was an uptick in stripped contracts passing v. loaded contracts. I checked the AKV list - no ROFR exercised and of the 25 reported sales that passed ROFR only one 100 pt contract had no points available before 2014. There were a couple where I couldn't tell, but almost all had some 2013 points.
As a buyer I am looking for a contract that enables me to visit WDW when I intend to go, thus buying a stripped contract means I'll have to pay for lodging next trip rather than using those recently bought points, not to mention paying MF for a year w/ no benefits. Plus I'm buying what is, inevitably, a declining asset, so I doubt that I'd be interested in a contract w/ no points until 2014 (as I'm looking @ a fall use year.)
AKV is probably not a representative resort, since nothing is being ROFR'd and there are several distressed contracts, so those owners cannot travel this year anyway, due to their financial hardship. If you look at the currently available contracts listed on the big 3 (or 4) websites, there are quite a few stripped contracts, which seems to be a new phenomenon.

I agree with you, if I were new to the game, I would want something with points that I could use NOW. But, I think that there are some current owners who are just looking for the right size contract to add to their portfolio and they may be willing to take something with the right number of points and right UY, even if they points were not available until 2014.

Personally, I would not buy something with no points until 2015, unless the seller discounted the contract significantly to make up for the 2014 dues, and it was exactly what I was looking for. If a contract has no 2013 points, then the buyer simply should not pay 2013 MF's. If there are no 2014 points, then a reasonable compensation needs to be provided by the buyer. Perhaps the buyer covers closing, or discounts the purchase price by the estimated MF's based on this year's MF's.
__________________
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #50
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 656

Pardon my naivete but if you sell a stripped contract what ensures that the reservation using those points isn't canceled?
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #51
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
Pardon my naivete but if you sell a stripped contract what ensures that the reservation using those points isn't canceled?
There won't be a future reservation the points will have either been already used (borrowed) or sold by transfer to another member. Any future reservations will have to be cancelled before closing sale.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #52
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 656

I think I understand but to make sure - if I used points at Wilderness Lodge for a reservation in January 2013 at the Beach Club then I can't sell the Wilderness Lodge contract until February?
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #53
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,024

Some people sell before but list the contract with a note explaining that the sale can't close until after the trip. You cannot close a sale with an open reservation.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #54
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
Some people sell before but list the contract with a note explaining that the sale can't close until after the trip. You cannot close a sale with an open reservation.
Thanks one last question - would it be possible to have them switch the reservation to use Beach Club points which we have available without using the one time exception I read about?
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #55
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
Thanks one last question - would it be possible to have them switch the reservation to use Beach Club points which we have available without using the one time exception I read about?
If the reservation was not made using home resort points, then they might let you change out the points. But if you made the reservation before seven months out using home resort points, you cannot just switch them at seven months out with non-home resort points. You would have to cancel and rebook. And maybe lose out to someone on the waitlist.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.