Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
btcrane
Today is the best day of my life!

Looking for a new dining idea on MK day

Planning our 15th trip (or so, I've lost track) to Disney in a couple of weeks with my son who is graduating high school, his 19-year-old girlfriend, and my 14-year-old son. Disney is a family tradition for us, we have lots of "must do's" every time we go and we're really laid back about our visits now, just some good family bonding time. One thing we haven't settled on is a good place for a meal on MK day. We will have Park Hoppers, and I'm thinking I'd like to leave so I can have a glass of wine with my meal (can't get into BOG, I've already tried). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
btcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
btcrane

Oh, and we'd come back to the park. I haven't seen the fireworks in a couple of years so want to return for the show.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcrane View Post
Planning our 15th trip (or so, I've lost track) to Disney in a couple of weeks with my son who is graduating high school, his 19-year-old girlfriend, and my 14-year-old son. Disney is a family tradition for us, we have lots of "must do's" every time we go and we're really laid back about our visits now, just some good family bonding time. One thing we haven't settled on is a good place for a meal on MK day. We will have Park Hoppers, and I'm thinking I'd like to leave so I can have a glass of wine with my meal (can't get into BOG, I've already tried). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
How about one of the Monorail resort restaurants? 'Ohana and Kona are personal favorites. But there are also Citricos, Narcoosees, 1900 Park Fare. There may even be the refurbed California Grill (which isn't accepting ADRs yet but should be done by late summer). The Monorail makes it very easy to get to these restaurants and then back to the park.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Since you're celebrating a milestone (HS graduation), how about one of the signatures at GF? Citricos or Narcoosee's?
Cali Grill would be perfect but its still closed for reno.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Our choices would be:

Kona Cafe at Poly
The Wave at CR

Or, to really make it different -- maybe drinks and appetizers at the Territory Lounge at WL, then drinks and appetizers (not overdoing the drinking, of course) at Tambu Lounge at Poly, augmented by sushi from Kona Island Sushi Bar, if that appeals. Leaves room for dessert back at MK (or another park?) -- maybe ice cream from The Plaza?

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

BOG for lunch?
1900 Park Faire for dinner or breakfast?
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Love Kona Cafe for dinner.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I'm going to throw out a different suggestion..the Hoop Dee Doo Revue over at Ft. Wilderness. Your wine will come in a mason jar, but it is a great family experience. The food is ribs, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, bbq beans etc, and is served family style. The show is corny as it can be, but is hilarious. Everyone we've brought to it from my 3 y.o. nephew to my 70 yr. old mother has loved it.

If you're looking for something a bit more upscale, I'd consider Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge in addition to the monorail resort restaurants already mentioned.

It is a lovely boat ride from MK to either Wilderness Lodge or Ft. Wilderness, and the resorts themselves are fun to walk around and explore either before or after your meal.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
glassslippergirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks!
Hoop-de-doo at Ft. Wilderness (just a boat ride from MK) is fun and will make a big deal out of your graduation celebration.
glassslippergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
TheDisDork
Welcome Home

HDDR is definitely a great choice!

If you're looking to eat in MK though, I'd suggest Tony's right as you enter! BOG is fantastic too, I'm just a fan of the Tony's menu because I'll always go for Italian!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

As this is dining related moving to the Restaurant board

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
Antonio
Mouseketeer

Ohana is a no brainer. If you can't get ADR's for ohana I'd do liberty tree tavern. I loved it last trip. I think it's a very underrated place. Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
btcrane

Thanks everyone! I've tried some of these places (including the Hoop De Doo Review and yes it was fun but not what my boys are wanting this time around) and was leaning toward Kona. But I'd like to try something new (we already have 2 of our faves lined up--Le Cellier and Brown Derby) so I'll check out Artist Point and 1900 Park Fare.

Thank you!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll check out Artist Point
We LOVE Artists Point, and eat dinner there every trip. So lovely to be able to take the boat back and forth from MK as well -- that's a nice extra perk!

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
meredith1
DIS Veteran

The Wave! It's fantastic, close and quick!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: