Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

When Can I Book Online?

I will be a first time on-siter and I was wondering when Disney allows booking online...for example, we're going next May (the last two weeks) and only the first week is available to select at disneyworld.com right now. I did a test to see if anything was available at AoA the first week in May and nothing is. I even tested weeks 2 and 3 of April 2014 and nothing is available.

When does the website open up for booking rooms? Or should I just call when my weeks become available? Should I go through a travel agent? I really don't want to go through an agent when I can apply my own discounts when they become available, right?

Thanks!

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *WDW Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

When they release the prices and packages for 2014, then they will start offering them for online booking. You can book now for next May, but room-only (no packages) and only by calling (not online). You would be charged the prevailing rate, which would be adjusted when the 2014 rates are released.
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
When they release the prices and packages for 2014, then they will start offering them for online booking. You can book now for next May, but room-only (no packages) and only by calling (not online). You would be charged the prevailing rate, which would be adjusted when the 2014 rates are released.
Thank you!

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *WDW Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
MeetingMickeyin2006
Well, slotted pig, they're standard issue!

I'm also (impatiently) waiting for Disney to open up 2014 booking online. I heard a rumor it would be the first 2 weeks of May, but I also hear summer. I check every day!

MeetingMickeyin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

The travel agents I have spoke to have all said it will be end of summer before anything is released
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

I have been all up in the Art of Animation thread (and it's a very long one, almost all caught up) and I keep reading about the LM rooms selling out fast so I just wanted to get my deposit down for my dates. I'm not sure if it's still true, but still for my own sanity. End of Summer? Wow.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirah95 View Post
I have been all up in the Art of Animation thread (and it's a very long one, almost all caught up) and I keep reading about the LM rooms selling out fast so I just wanted to get my deposit down for my dates. I'm not sure if it's still true, but still for my own sanity. End of Summer? Wow.
If you are worried, just call and make the reservation. No need to wait to do it online. I really need to get on the ball and call for our March 2014 reservation. Now if only I could decide where to stay...
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
If you are worried, just call and make the reservation. No need to wait to do it online.
This is a good idea if you're booking room only. If you want a package, it's better to wait (IMO) to book when the new rates are released. If you book room only now and change to a package later, the room only will have to be cancelled/refunded and the package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit. Waiting to book a package from the beginning will save paying a deposit, getting it refunded, rebooking, and then making another deposit. Since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other, which is the reason for cancelling/refunding/rebooking.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: