Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Thanks - both great ideas! I was worried about what we'd do for lunch at BOG b/c I do plan on eating there myself.
Just keep in mind that this is not a typical grilled cheese at BOG, it features gruyère cheese and bechamel sauce on a very textured multi grain bread. The flatbread at PVH is very slight on the cheese. I just wanted to mention this as a picky child might not like these.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Thanks everyone! My picky child's diet basically consists of chicken tenders, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, cheese pizza, any kind of fries (white potato or sweet potato), yogurt, all kinds of "snacky" stuff, bacon, waffles, cereal....and that's about it. I get him fruit and veggies by giving him those fruit/veggie squeezie things (not to mention Juice Plus gummies every day). I always put the real thing in front of him but he won't touch it - it's a texture thing. One day he will pick something healthy up and eat it...I know it! Anyway, thanks again for the info!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
andrews1ma
Mouseketeer

Good luck!! I once started a thread but never finished about the quest for grilled cheese in Disney. I have a very picky eater now 13 yrs old and still won't touch veggies- literally gags! It is a texture thing- he won't eat rice or mashed potatoes either. He was raised on chicken nuggets, pizza and bagels and he is now 6'1 195 lbs!!
In regards to grilled cheese the problem is that all restaurants would only offer cheddar cheese and my guy wasn't having that when he was younger. The best place to get a grilled cheese was at the all star resorts!! Ironically we were staying at sports and it took us the whole trip to realize that the perfect grilled cheese was literally right there!! Another great one used to be at leaning palms- in typhoon lagoon - they did a grilled cheese pretzel that was delish..... But in true disney fashion they stopped serving it!
Hope you have a great trip!!

DH 36 Me 37 DS 11 Puppy Dog Oliver 4
andrews1ma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: