Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #631
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boys+aprincess View Post
Just got ours yesterday, I was not home and my husband called and said that I had gotten something from Disney Destinations. I was surprised it was in an envelope! Not sure if we are going to be able to use it or not.
Sure hope we can work something out!
Hope you get to use it

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #632
peel
DIS Veteran

I came home yesterday to a yellow envelope ......... from Comcast.

At least I had 3 seconds of joy.

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #633
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Hey, I'm still waiting too!
And I do so love quoting Dory. Repeating that line over and over has gotten me through many a day with my kids. : )
Sorry, Cara!! I didn't forget about you - there's still hope for you, too!

I feel like calling their marketing office, or their direct mail division, to find out what kind of analysis they use to send out the PINs. There MUST be a rhyme to their reason.
(Clearly it's not how many times a person calls and asks for a PIN! If that were the case, we'd ALL have one! Haha)
Old 06-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #634
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

So does anyone know how these pin code waves work as far as timing? It seems the emails went out first, then 3 weeks later a few more emails and snail mail went out. So it's been about 1 week since that happened. Do we think that it could be another 2 weeks until more go out? Or are they just sent out whenever at this point? Based on what I've been hearing people have been getting the snail mail every day this week, but they all could have been mailed out on the same day. Ugh! I hate sales that are not meant for everyone.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #635
peel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Once they go public, no code is needed. You will find out on this site well before it actually goes live. Deals always get leaked. Stay tuned!
Not a personalized PIN code, but you still usually need a 3 digit code, so I assumed that's what the CM was talking about.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #636
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
Not a personalized PIN code, but you still usually need a 3 digit code, so I assumed that's what the CM was talking about.
A guest wouldn't need to have that information to book. The CM just uses whichever code they need. The 3 digit codes will all be varied depending on what you book, and with a dining plan, the codes will vary even more if you book a resort level that comes with one plan but you upgrade it to another. Those codes are not really publicized. It is all done on the CM's end. You just have to tell the CM what you want your package to include. No codes required.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #637
scard192
DIS Veteran

If the rumored June release is true Danny should be posting soon, right? for everyone waiting for Free Dining.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #638
Crystal Brewer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

A guest wouldn't need to have that information to book. The CM just uses whichever code they need. The 3 digit codes will all be varied depending on what you book, and with a dining plan, the codes will vary even more if you book a resort level that comes with one plan but you upgrade it to another. Those codes are not really publicized. It is all done on the CM's end. You just have to tell the CM what you want your package to include. No codes required.
Confirm!! I was clueless as this is out first WDW trip and here at DIS I received great info on discounts tho didnt know ALL ins&outs the CM on phone was very helpful! I was honest with what I did know about a few offers then gave my choices and she worked MAGIC :-) Be sure to have a few options in your choices dept as discounts can vary by choice. Best Wishes :-)
Crystal Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #639
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
That's awesome! I don't know if I'm more jealous of your pin code though, or your kid-free trip! Lol
That's what I was thinking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boys+aprincess View Post
Just got ours yesterday, I was not home and my husband called and said that I had gotten something from Disney Destinations. I was surprised it was in an envelope! Not sure if we are going to be able to use it or not.
Sure hope we can work something out!
Yeah!!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #640
peel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's good to know, but I've been asked for the public Free Dining code before. It's always smart to be armed with the info before you call. Good thing it would be everywhere you turned on the DIS if it came out!

Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #641
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
That's good to know, but I've been asked for the public Free Dining code before. It's always smart to be armed with the info before you call. Good thing it would be everywhere you turned on the DIS if it came out!
Sounds like you just got a lazy CM that didn't feel like taking the time to look it up if they didn't need to.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #642
peel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like you just got a lazy CM that didn't feel like taking the time to look it up if they didn't need to.
Must have been! It was the morning a FD code came out, so he obviously didn't know it by heart yet. I'm sure he did by the end of that day though!

Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #643
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
If the rumored June release is true Danny should be posting soon, right? for everyone waiting for Free Dining.
I really do not think there is much of a chance of it coming out that early.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #644
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

I really do not think there is much of a chance of it coming out that early.
Wow! I had not heard of the June release of pin codes rumor! That would be AWESoME! Certainly not counting on it though, especially after seeing the historic releases. I can try to hope for my birthday on July 1st. : )

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #645
abbundy
Earning My Ears

So, I got the FD pin email on May 9th. I think I got it again a few weeks later but I deleted that email. Today I got in the mail another free dining offer it is in a yellow envelope (first time for that) and it covers the same dates. Sounds like there is hope for others who may have not received it yet.

I do have a question......how many rooms can you book with the offer? Is it an option for me to book a room for my parents under the same pin?

Thanks!
abbundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: