Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #376
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Ok...so I just called again to check if I had a pin and no luck....BUT I spoke with an Awesome CM and I said, "my friend got a pin so I was hoping you could just check for me"...and when she said, no I'm sorry you don't, BUT did you kow your friend can book up to three rooms with that pin code? So now that I've armed you with some knowledge you might want to call your friend I asked and she said they don't have to be family and once the reservation is made you can call and make any changes...put it on your own account, etc.!!!! Well...when I said friend, I meant "friends" here in the disboards. I would be SO THANKFUL if anyone that wasn't able to use their FD pin for Nov. would be able to make a ressie for me and we can pass the magic amongst those who really LOVE WDW! Please PM me if anyone would be so willing. With four kiddos FD is the best value for us and only way we can go. And my 180 mark is tomorrow!!
I believe they meant your friend could book up to three rooms with their one pin cod. Your friend would have to book the trip with your address and CC info or book for you using their address or CC info, you can't just call in with anyone's pin code because the codes are name specific and non-transferrable. Sorry :-(
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #377
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

I believe they meant your friend could book up to three rooms with their one pin cod. Your friend would have to book the trip with your address and CC info or book for you using their address or CC info, you can't just call in with anyone's pin code because the codes are name specific and non-transferrable. Sorry :-(
The OP posted the same on a different thread and has been told this is against DIS guidelines. That thread has been closed by the mod.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #378
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post

They should have told you that you had a PIN this morning when you called them????? And now you have one? In an old email? Is it for FD?
I'm wondering also? They would have saw that when they called
Old 05-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #379
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
I'm wondering also? They would have saw that when they called
It wouldn't be the first time a CM made a mistake. Congratulations blessedwithtriplets. I know you were really wanting the pin. Hopefully a few more of us will get it soon.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #380
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
It wouldn't be the first time a CM made a mistake. Congratulations blessedwithtriplets. I know you were really wanting the pin. Hopefully a few more of us will get it soon.
Thanks! I have no idea...but I'm just thankful for the pixie dust!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #381
kfelaco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I got a PIN a little while ago that was just for room only % off and not much different than the Monster deal for the General Public. That's the only thing I got in awhile until this free dining PIN.
I got that PIN too, for % off on stays this spring. I'm currently booked for 11/30-12/7 and praying for this newest FD PIN!!!!! Should I just call????

1980 WDW off-site (DH) 4/1989 WDW off-site (Krista) 5/2007 Poly 12/2013 POFQ

kfelaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #382
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Well, we have large family and traveling most anywhere is expensive. We do Disney every year because it is within driving distance, less than 8 hours and because of free dining. With the free dining discount it's actually one of the cheaper trips we can take. I try to book a week the kids will already be out a day or two so they only miss a few days of school. For me missing 3 days of school is worth the huge savings and lower crowds. We also go to the beach every year and its not really much cheaper than doing Disney with a FD discount. If they ever totally got rid of free dining we would only go every 2 or 3 years.
This is us except we live like 16 hours away...lol. However, we fly when we can , drive if not.
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 Orange Lake, Oct 16-23, 2015 BEACH CLUB
amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #383
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Called today and the cm was pretty much saying it'll be a couple weeks til new pins are released. So it will be after tickets raise then they'll send them out.
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #384
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post
Called today and the cm was pretty much saying it'll be a couple weeks til new pins are released. So it will be after tickets raise then they'll send them out.
Thanks, I just called in too...no pin for me or my husband. : ( My cm was not so helpful though and did not offer any additional information.
It's gonna be a long couple of weeks!
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #385
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

I still think the next set of pins will be the post cards sent out in the mail. Disney wants to give the last batch some time to see what sticks, then they'll send out more. My guess, and it is purely a guess based on what I've received in the past, is next week some of us will see them in our mailboxes. The last couple I have received have been about 3 months out from the 1st time frame of the offer. End of May... 3 months later... end of August. That's when these pins start. Here's hoping.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #386
kfelaco
Earning My Ears

Just called and spoke to a very nice CM. No PIN codes for me or hubby.
She did update my information and ask me when the last time we visited. So you never know.....I still have 6 months to get one!

1980 WDW off-site (DH) 4/1989 WDW off-site (Krista) 5/2007 Poly 12/2013 POFQ

kfelaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #387
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I still think the next set of pins will be the post cards sent out in the mail. Disney wants to give the last batch some time to see what sticks, then they'll send out more. My guess, and it is purely a guess based on what I've received in the past, is next week some of us will see them in our mailboxes. The last couple I have received have been about 3 months out from the 1st time frame of the offer. End of May... 3 months later... end of August. That's when these pins start. Here's hoping.
I hope you are right. My parent's almost always get the postcard. Of course, this year will be the exception, because it is the way my luck is running.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #388
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

I just called to make a payment, then I spoke with a CM to check for a pin. She said no and asked if I had a friend that just got one, because that's why people usually call. I told her yes, my husband's co-worker just got one, as did my cousin. The CM went on to say that the pin code could be used up to three times, so if I had that code, it could be applied. I said "even if this person doesn't plan on going?" and she said yes. Now I know that you can't do that and YOU know that you can't do that, so why oh why did she say this to get my hopes up???

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #389
nafiaw
Earning My Ears

I am getting discourage by the hours... minutes... seconds. Am happy to see so many of you getting the free dining pin, so far none for me. The first batch was out since 5/9, today is 5/20 already. I am loosing hope for one

Our Family : Me DH DD(9) DD(5)

nafiaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #390
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw View Post
I am getting discourage by the hours... minutes... seconds. Am happy to see so many of you getting the free dining pin, so far none for me. The first batch was out since 5/9, today is 5/20 already. I am loosing hope for one
Myself also

June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: