Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #286
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
It seems to be consistent so far this year, pin codes and the disney visa discounts became public discounts. You can hold out hope.
There was a pin for free dining early in the year and it was not released to the public.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #287
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

There was a pin for free dining early in the year and it was not released to the public.
The difference that I see with this is that free dining has been a fall offer for the general public since 2009. Free dining is not a typical spring offer.
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #288
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
The difference that I see with this is that free dining has been a fall offer for the general public since 2009. Free dining is not a typical spring offer.
I hope you and the others predicting it will go to GP are right.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #289
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:

I hope you and the others predicting it will go to GP are right.
Me, too!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #290
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

PIN Codes

So, I am new to all of this, and it's my first time visiting Disney (as an adult, with my own little family). We made a reservation for August 25th - 30th and have been hoping to be one of the lucky recipients of a PIN code for Free Dining. I just called to see if we had one and the CM explained to me that they are only being offered to returning customers. Being a new visitor, we do not qualify. We can only get the Room Only discount.
So very sad.
(And forgive me if this is something that was already common knowledge - I had been holding out hope, not realizing that we had no chance).

Back to scrimping and saving to pay for food out-of-pocket. Sigh.
dcolleenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #291
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekhovgirl View Post
We're planning on Bonnet Creek for February because there will be six of us, but I got "the pin", so I tossed around the idea of going in Nov. or Dec. and staying at the cabins- I wouldn't use free dining just to stay in a value and get quick service and I think this is the cheapest option for six. Even with flights being $800 cheaper than February, it would still be about an $800 difference overall, meaning if we stayed at Bonnet Creek we'd have to spend $800 on food to meet the cost we'd pay to stay at the cabins with free dining. Just doesn't pan out for us this time.
We are a family of 6 and we always get 2 connecting rooms at a value during free dining promos - definitely cheaper than the cabins and you have more room and a second bathroom. We pay the upgrade charge for the regular DDP and it is cheaper for us to stay on site in this scenario than to stay off site and pay out of pocket for our food.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #292
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolleenkelly View Post
So, I am new to all of this, and it's my first time visiting Disney (as an adult, with my own little family). We made a reservation for August 25th - 30th and have been hoping to be one of the lucky recipients of a PIN code for Free Dining. I just called to see if we had one and the CM explained to me that they are only being offered to returning customers. Being a new visitor, we do not qualify. We can only get the Room Only discount.
So very sad.
(And forgive me if this is something that was already common knowledge - I had been holding out hope, not realizing that we had no chance).

Every pin code emails is different, this isn't always the case.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #293
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So very sad.

My DH got the pin e-mail, it said something about "since you've been before..." but he's never been to Disney. I've been but not since I was a kid. Hopefully the CM was wrong and you'll get one!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #294
scard192
DIS Veteran

Just curious... I have been following the discount codes/Pin messages somewhat for a few years and this year have been paying a lot of attention as we are planning a trip this fall. Seems like a lot of people are posting that they did not get an e-mail but when they called they had this pin (my sister included). Is it unusal for so many people to have found they did have this Pin when they called? I know the DIS is just a small sample.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #295
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Just curious... I have been following the discount codes/Pin messages somewhat for a few years and this year have been paying a lot of attention as we are planning a trip this fall. Seems like a lot of people are posting that they did not get an e-mail but when they called they had this pin (my sister included). Is it unusal for so many people to have found they did have this Pin when they called? I know the DIS is just a small sample.
Those people will likely get a mailer with their PIN shortly. They just called before Disney had a chance to mail them out because they read about it here on the boards.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #296
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Those people will likely get a mailer with their PIN shortly. They just called before Disney had a chance to mail them out because they read about it here on the boards.
So does that mean they know in advance. So if I called, I pretty much have no hope, if there isn't one there now?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #297
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So does that mean they know in advance. So if I called, I pretty much have no hope, if there isn't one there now?
They can add new PINs at any time. Several people have reported calling the first and second day and not having one, but on day 3, it was there.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #298
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Every pin code emails is different, this isn't always the case.
Are you telling me that there's still hope for us??? Yippeee!!

(I kind of feel like that dude in Dumb & Dumber, when the girl tells him he's only got one chance in a million of getting a date with her and he says, "Sooooo, you're telling me there IS a chance? YYESS! I knew it!!")

HOWEVER, being the practical person that I am, I am going to have to calm down and just assume that we are not going to get Free Dining. Better to be pleasantly surprised than horribly disappointed (and not able to pay for anything because we didn't put aside enough money).
Old 05-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #299
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie View Post
My DH got the pin e-mail, it said something about "since you've been before..." but he's never been to Disney. I've been but not since I was a kid. Hopefully the CM was wrong and you'll get one!
I hope you're right, Kelly!! I'll keep calling, I guess. They are going to be so annoyed with me, but I'm going to figure it this way:
If I'm trying to save over $1,000, and I need to make 20 phone calls to get it, then each phone call is worth at least $50! So, I'm gonna EARN that money, and make them work for it, too!
Haha
Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #300
whodatdare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope you're right, Kelly!! I'll keep calling, I guess. They are going to be so annoyed with me, but I'm going to figure it this way:
If I'm trying to save over $1,000, and I need to make 20 phone calls to get it, then each phone call is worth at least $50! So, I'm gonna EARN that money, and make them work for it, too!
Haha
My friend talked her way into FD last year. She didn't get a pin, but called and got a CM to put the code down anyway We heard the whole conversation (we did get one, but already had three rooms booked). She was compelling, and the CM bit and hooked them up. It was EPIC!

whodatdare is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: