Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #226
atomsmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mount Vernon WA
Posts: 31

I am traveling with a group of 10, 3 rooms. this week we booked our trip at All Star music with a room only discount. After reading this board we all checked our emails and No Pin, we called and YEAH, there was a free dining pin attached to my mom's name. We were able to change our reservation and save $3600. (we had booked with a dining plan originally, we were going to pay for it!)

The only problem could be that we now have room only from 8/21-8/25. I am praying we can get our tickets 3 days early like I have read on this thread, but I will be very disappointed if it doesn't work out. One cm told me mom we could get our tickets at check in on the room reservation. A cm told me that there was no way we could get our tickets early!

atomsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #227
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz

Go to the main Disney site and open an account. Load your name, address, phone and email address, opt-in to receive marketing emails, fill in your profile, order a copy of the planning DVD, and while logged in, visit the trip booking pages and select several options toward building a trip. Don't book the trip, but save it to your profile (if it gives you that option).

Then sit back, grab an adult beverage, cross your fingers, pray to your favorite deity, burn some incense, and hope for a pin.
I already have a account is the thing and can't change it to receive emails. And I've done all the rest
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #228
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomsmom View Post
A cm told me that there was no way we could get our tickets early!
You can, but you usually cannot do it at checkin. You need to go to DTD or one of the parks to do it.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #229
dskib
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
Hello everybody, sorry if this is a little obvious for everyone around here, but I wasn't quite sure about this:
Can I use a FD Pin under my father's name? (The e-mail was addressed to "**** Family", and to his e-mail)
* He's not travelling with us.

Thanks
Do you have the same last name? They sent one to my mother in law and I called and said that I just got an email pin and wanted to use it, and she let me! I tried online first and got denied because the address was different, so I called instead. And honestly, I don't even think the last name would matter much.

I already had a trip booked under MY email address and home address and she's not traveling with me.

So give it a shot. And if they say no, call back and get someone else. They've done it for me twice.
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #230
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomsmom View Post
I am traveling with a group of 10, 3 rooms. this week we booked our trip at All Star music with a room only discount. After reading this board we all checked our emails and No Pin, we called and YEAH, there was a free dining pin attached to my mom's name. We were able to change our reservation and save $3600. (we had booked with a dining plan originally, we were going to pay for it!)

The only problem could be that we now have room only from 8/21-8/25. I am praying we can get our tickets 3 days early like I have read on this thread, but I will be very disappointed if it doesn't work out. One cm told me mom we could get our tickets at check in on the room reservation. A cm told me that there was no way we could get our tickets early!

Phone CMs are not trained with the early package ticket policy. You can pick up your package tickets early at Guest Services at Downtown Disney and any of the 4 Themeparks. There have been reports of a few people picking up at their resort, but generally that is not allowed and they must be picked up at DTD or the parks.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #231
talmarsh
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskib View Post
Do you have the same last name? They sent one to my mother in law and I called and said that I just got an email pin and wanted to use it, and she let me! I tried online first and got denied because the address was different, so I called instead. And honestly, I don't even think the last name would matter much.

I already had a trip booked under MY email address and home address and she's not traveling with me.

So give it a shot. And if they say no, call back and get someone else. They've done it for me twice.
whoa! thanks for giving us hope!
talmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #232
atomsmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mount Vernon WA
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
You can, but you usually cannot do it at checkin. You need to go to DTD or one of the parks to do it.
"Phone CMs are not trained with the early package ticket policy. You can pick up your package tickets early at Guest Services at Downtown Disney and any of the 4 Themeparks. There have been reports of a few people picking up at their resort, but generally that is not allowed and they must be picked up at DTD or the parks. "


Thank You!

Last edited by atomsmom; 05-11-2013 at 05:11 PM.
atomsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #233
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyNDecember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 1,053

I got one as an email as well.
Hoping for a discounted room rate instead though.
We used the Free Dining one year & it was fun, but the room discount works best for us.

Hoping others get their wishes as well.
__________________
DisneyNDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #234
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND
 
luvs2travl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 86

OMG! DH had the pin linked to his name!!! I cannot believe we got FD for August!! So happy!! Since my inlaws room is linked to ours, they were able to get FD too!

Thank you so much for this thread! I never would have known about this pin!
__________________




Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
luvs2travl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #235
glimmerman76
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 27

2nd post

I think disneys online system is flawed anyway. I was able to use my sisters pin code and book online with my account and it let me. She is not on the reservation anywhere. The billing address is my house the shipping addy is hers. The confirmation shows my 6 in the party and not her. so with that said I booked it worse disney can do is refund my 200.00.
glimmerman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #236
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2travl View Post
OMG! DH had the pin linked to his name!!! I cannot believe we got FD for August!! So happy!! Since my inlaws room is linked to ours, they were able to get FD too!

Thank you so much for this thread! I never would have known about this pin!
Congrats!! Your Welcome!!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #237
SweetPeasMom2
DIS Veteran
 
SweetPeasMom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 726

When these emails come, who do they come from? I get emails from Disney Destinations but rarely are there any pins.
__________________
Wendy Lee


DH me ds dd
SweetPeasMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #238
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeasMom2 View Post
When these emails come, who do they come from? I get emails from Disney Destinations but rarely are there any pins.
They come from Disney Destinations. Some have PINS and some don't.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #239
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 344

So as I said a few days ago, I called and spoke with a CM who told me I had a FD pin attatched to my acct and needed to have my TA change my res. My TA called today, and the CM she spoke with didn't see it. How can this be? How does one see something that another doesn't? I guess I'm not a cool kid with FD.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #240
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
So as I said a few days ago, I called and spoke with a CM who told me I had a FD pin attatched to my acct and needed to have my TA change my res. My TA called today, and the CM she spoke with didn't see it. How can this be? How does one see something that another doesn't? I guess I'm not a cool kid with FD.
Have your TA call back. Or you call back, and if they tell you there is again, ask them for details. I don't know if they can give you the code, but don't see why not. If they can't do that, at least make sure you find out the exact email, name and address the pin is under.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: