Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #211
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I called and no pin for my mother or me. I forgot that I had gotten pins in the past but always by snail mail and never by email. If they say there are no pins attached to your name does that mean that you will not get one at all.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #212
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I called and no pin for my mother or me. I forgot that I had gotten pins in the past but always by snail mail and never by email. If they say there are no pins attached to your name does that mean that you will not get one at all.
Last night I called and was told there was no PIN, only the one for summer discount. This afternoon I called and got the free dining. And I never did get an e-mail.
mom2AidanAndEli is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #213
dskib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uconnfan4 View Post
This is probably going to sound crazy, but here it goes. I got this email today too. It came to my email address, but it addressed to my grandmother and the street address associated with it is my parents. It took me a while to figure all this out. Five years ago we all went to Disney when I was going to a conference there and my email must have been the email that was used for all the reservations since I made them for everyone at the conference rate.

Does anyone know if they will let me use this pin? I am dying here because it covers the dates that I already have a reservation for and I would love to use it!! The reservation that I have is under an account that is associated with the email address that they sent it too. I have never booked with a pin before so I don't what the rules are. I guess I could just call, but I don't want to sound like a fool, and I thought that someone here would know.
I've done it! They sent one to my mother in law at my email address, and they let me use it. If they tell you no, call back and get someone else. Someone will let you.

I just got free dining for my November dates!!!! After 50 minutes on hold yesterday....

Good luck!!
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #214
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

I called and don't have a pin at this time. Still hopeful I might get one in the next wave or two. I've been playing around on the website with November dates for months and requested a DVD a little while back. Maybe that will help!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #215
dskib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post

We go November 10-15 I hope there's one for us too!!!
You may already know this, but just in case...

Free dining starts 11/11. You'd have to do a room only for 11/10 and a separate ressie for the 11-15 if you don't change your dates.
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #216
Richfield
Mouseketeer

I've never stayed at WDW and I get every single email PIN. Got lucky somehow!
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #217
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

We got this pin. Well SIL did but she is traveling with us for our Nov trip. Unfortunately our dates are blacked out. I only had a small hope for a discount but it was bittersweet to see the email.
Oh well. We'll be there in 6 months either way. Just would have been nice to save a couple $1000.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #218
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Every year I get PINs, and every time I have already been booked.
Shh...I was trying to keep it secret that Disney does reward their best customers.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #219
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer

Well I called tonight and after getting very excited that I possibly had one (I've never called before, but just seemed odd that he confirmed my phone # twice, mailing address, street address, name, past trip dates, and my email) he informed me I had nothing. Then rubbed salt in my wound by reinforming me that he could offer me FD for September dates....we thought of changing our dates to September due to a possible problem with DH's work schedule. I don't want to take the kids out of school that soon...and at this point I already have MNNSHP tickets and dining reservations. Oh well hopefully he made some magic happen or they will offer it to everyone in July! Congrats to everyone who was able to get a pin!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #220
yoopertravelers
Mouseketeer

No pin for either of our reservations....bummer
yoopertravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #221
talmarsh
Earning My Ears

Hello everybody, sorry if this is a little obvious for everyone around here, but I wasn't quite sure about this:
Can I use a FD Pin under my father's name? (The e-mail was addressed to "**** Family", and to his e-mail)
* He's not travelling with us.

Thanks
talmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #222
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmarsh View Post
Hello everybody, sorry if this is a little obvious for everyone around here, but I wasn't quite sure about this:
Can I use a FD Pin under my father's name? (The e-mail was addressed to "**** Family", and to his e-mail)
* He's not travelling with us.

Thanks
No, it has to be your name or someone traveling with you.

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #223
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post
I never even get emails from Disney destinations. Do I have to enroll somewhere? Doesn't make sense
Go to the main Disney site and open an account. Load your name, address, phone and email address, opt-in to receive marketing emails, fill in your profile, order a copy of the planning DVD, and while logged in, visit the trip booking pages and select several options toward building a trip. Don't book the trip, but save it to your profile (if it gives you that option).

Then sit back, grab an adult beverage, cross your fingers, pray to your favorite deity, burn some incense, and hope for a pin.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #224
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post

Then sit back, grab an adult beverage, cross your fingers, pray to your favorite deity, burn some incense, and hope for a pin.
I love it!!!!
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #225
MelissaTnNc
Mouseketeer

Eeeeee!!! Our pin code came to my email and mailing address but my friends name and we called and he said that he was just going to manually input the code based on my mailing address, didn't even ask the family name that was included and voila! It worked!!!! Now to break the news the hubby when he gets home .
MelissaTnNc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: