Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
west&east
DIS Veteran

Hoop de Doo on Dining Plan or TIW

2 families attending HDDR. One has TIW. The other has Dining Plan. We are planning on attending 4pm show (which is the show covered by TIW). How do I make the reservation for the 8 of us? Will they split it up when we get there, refunding the 4 dinners in exchange for 8 table service credits and then refunding the 20% discount for the other 4 diners on TIW? Our friends may choose not to use their credits and then we will put it all on one check using the TIW discount which would be the easiest, but just in case, need a plan.
Thank you!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
2 families attending HDDR. One has TIW. The other has Dining Plan. We are planning on attending 4pm show (which is the show covered by TIW). How do I make the reservation for the 8 of us? Will they split it up when we get there, refunding the 4 dinners in exchange for 8 table service credits and then refunding the 20% discount for the other 4 diners on TIW? Our friends may choose not to use their credits and then we will put it all on one check using the TIW discount which would be the easiest, but just in case, need a plan.
Thank you!
Unless it has changed recently, the DDP credits can only be used for the late show.
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Unless it has changed recently, the DDP credits can only be used for the late show.
My understanding was that they can only get Cat 1 seats at the late show but can get Cat 2 or 3 anytime....
Has that changed and if so where is that documented?

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 05-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Lbachelot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My understanding was that they can only get Cat 1 seats at the late show but can get Cat 2 or 3 anytime....
This is correct. It has not changed.

1995 FW, 1997 The Cabins at FW, 1999 Off Site with HS Band, 2001 ASM, Jan. 2012 POR (DD's First Trip), Dec. 2013 POFQ (DS's First Trip), Oct. 2014 AoA (Mommy/Daughter Surprise Trip)

Lbachelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
You can use DDP credits for any one of the three shows.. they can just use 2 credits for Category 1 seating at the last showing. That is all that has changed.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you're right.
Sorry for the incorrect info.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
pmcneff
Mouseketeer

Hoop rocks!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
west&east
DIS Veteran

We got it sorted out. The other family will just pay OOP since they are using 2 dining credits on another night. Went with my family last year, so excited to go with our friends. Great family night out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: