Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #31
DisneyMama21
Turns out, those WERE the droids we were looking for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTikiBeckie View Post
I think it's fantastic! The only thing I find disappointing is how crowded it always is
Meeeeee tooooo!!!

DH Me, DS9 , DD7, DD6 Disney Tillie
DisneyMama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

The themeing os great, but I'm not a fan of TLM ride. BOG is great though and I'm sure SDMT will be too.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #33
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
I was a bit underwhelmed also. but I think it may have been the hype for almost a year. The circus tent with the candy store near dumbo I thought was pretty but Gastons tavern? huge disappointment. Enchanted tales with Belle. very disappointing.
You didn't order a warm cinnamon bun at the tavern then, did you? That was certainly not a disappointment in my book!
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

I haven't seen the NFL yet. I am going next summer and hope the SDMT will be open and everything finished. Why do I get the feeling that it won't be...

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #35
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I liked New Fantasyland. Even better at night, especially Dumbo!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #36
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
You didn't order a warm cinnamon bun at the tavern then, did you? That was certainly not a disappointment in my book!
I didn't try the cinnamon bun at Gastons but did get the LeFeus Brew and the pork shank,LeFeus brew was a frozen soft applesauce,no big deal at all,the pork shank was 60% grease and fat,eating that with your hands was the definition of a mess,very small likelihood of me ordering that again.Be our Guest however has been mostly positive,I've eaten there twice for lunch and liked it for the most part.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
andyman8
DIS Veteran

I'm certain that I am the only one who seems to not be particularly in love with the BOG lunch. I found it a bit pricey, but more importantly, the menu was insanely limited; I guess that I just don't like steak for lunch. Just my opinion, of course. Haven't tried the dinner service so I can't comment on that. Theming is great though!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #38
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I felt the same way. It is very impressively themed but just doesn't live up to the hype Disney marketing put into it. I didn't feel like either of the attractions are worth the wait times they build up right now, and didn't get a chance to try BOG because of the lines at lunch and the mad-180-day-rush for ADRs for dinner.

Maybe I'll feel differently when the entire area is complete, because the construction zone smack in the middle is bound to detract somewhat even when trying to overlook it, or maybe I just didn't enjoy it as much as I would have if I'd had my one target-audience aged kid with me on either of my last two trips and I'll "get it" when I finally see it through my 4yo's eyes.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #39
Polybound
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartRapunzel View Post
My family just got back from WDW. Sadly I couldn't go along because I am a student and still had classes. Although, I am looking forward to going back to WDW after graduation!! I was really excited to hear about the new fantasyland, but according to my family it was nothing but a big disappointment. Does anyone else feel this way? or is my family just crazy?
Having not experienced the New Fantasyland yet, I'm going to withhold judgment, however I do believe that much of the disappointment in the Little Mermaid attraction is because there was and is so much of a build up to the attraction it self. Not only prior to it's opening, but also the build up in the attraction itself. The queue area looks incredible. It definitely surpasses almost every other attraction in all of WDW. I believe that if the exact attraction would have just replaced the Snow White attraction, with a non-descript queue area, more of the reviews would have been positive.
Polybound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #40
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

I loved it. The little mermaid and beauty and the beast are me faves (I have a tattoo of Ariel's silhouette on my arm) so I was in heaven!

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #41
GeekyGirl
Earning My Ears

I highly enjoyed it and loved everything about it, but I do have a few friends who were a bit disappointed. It all boils down to what you expected from it.
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:01 AM   #42
fancifull
Earning My Ears

My party was a group of 20, 24, and 28 year old ladies and we all loved it. Even the Tangled restrooms/rest area was breathtaking, especially at night.

We didn't wait in any lines AT ALL for anything except Be Our Guest though. I agree that I would not want to wait in really long lines for any of the current attractions.

September 22 - October 1, 2014
We Couldn't Think of a Name - Sept 2014 Pre-Trip Report
fancifull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #43
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

We thought the area was beautiful. Was not impressed with Gaston's (yuk on the Gaston's brew but the pork shank was good). Did enjoy Enchanted Tales with Belle especially when the mirror transformed into the door and Lumiere. Ariel's ride was cute. On the same line as Nemo but we liked it more. Theming was great all around and BOG was fantastic. Can't wait for the mine train to open.

Was a great play area at Dumbo but I can see that getting really crowded. Casey's train was cute.

Overall, we did enjoy it. First time we did it at night and missed alot of the details and went back during the daytime and picked up on the little things that Disney does so well.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #44
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

I think my family will like it, as we do love Disney detail and theming. However, since it is all about the rides for us...that part is not going to be great. We lost snow white to get another kiddie ride (have watched youtube videos of it) I am sure we will enjoy it, but will not get really excited about it. I think once the mine coaster is done, we will be happy. I could see a family with older kids not being that impressed and being underwhelmed about the hype. Disney does need a few more exciting rides for this demographic.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #45
nilla
The sky is falling!

Wait for the mine cart.

I loved UTS, though my wife wasn't impressed.

However, BOG absolutely blew us away. The West Wing is simply amazing, and the food was fantastic.

Overall, the theming of NFL is a sight to behold.
nilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: