Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
IheartRapunzel
Earning My Ears

isn't there tangled themed stuff in Magic kingdom now too? before they left i asked them to take pictures of it. (i'm a huge tangled fan) but they said i was lying and there wasn't any tangled stuff.. lol
IheartRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #17
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartRapunzel View Post
isn't there tangled themed stuff in Magic kingdom now too? before they left i asked them to take pictures of it. (i'm a huge tangled fan) but they said i was lying and there wasn't any tangled stuff.. lol
Well. Yes, it's beautiful and well themed. But it's a bathroom. For real.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #18
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing

Were they disappointed with the rides? Because I guess I could see that.. sort of. Little Mermaid is just another dark ride, but the queue and surroundings is amazing in detail. Enchanted tales with Belle is fantastic - her cottage, the magic mirror, Lumiere and Wardrobe are seriously amazing.

Be our Guest is just... jaw dropping inside. You really feel like you are in Belle's castle. I loved Gaston's Tavern, and the gift shop... it was all so detailed.

What were they expecting about it that they did not get?
Disney Cruises: W. Caribbean 3/12, Alaska 8/12, W. Caribbean 4/13, Alaska 8/13, Transatlantic 5/14, Alaska 8/14 next trip: Alaska 8/15
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

We were just there at the end of March/beg of April. The new Fantasyland didn't really "Wow" us, but maybe because it wasn't completely done yet? My DH went on the new Dumbo ride and Goofini Barnstormer Roller Coaster w/ the kids- he said both rides were way too short. The area just seemed congested. The Little Mermaid ride was so cute, I didn't get to do ETWB and didn't get to eat at BOG.. long long lines. We did get LaFleu's brew and that was really good- that was a nice highlight to that area the Belle gift shop was nice. This new fantasyland was nothing spectacular though, IMO.
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
MikeOhio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
The best ride in the area is not open yet,my opinion of the area now is that the best thing in it is the Be Our Guest restaurant,when your favorite attraction is a restaurant then I'm obviously underwhelmed with it.When they open the 7DMTC I'll like the area better.
Even the mine train is just a c or d ticket. Disney should be embarrassed to open a new section without a headline ride. Universal opened an area just as themed but it also had a world class e ticket. Mk hasn't had a new e ticket since the early 90s
MikeOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #21
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

I was a bit disappointed also. I think due to modern technology I expected more from the Ariel ride. It seemed same old same old, just different theme. Maybe Snow White mine train will be better. I noticed today they are doing some of the outside decorative work on one side and it looked neat.

I do think the story book circus area is better themed than the previous toontown.

I was surprised that Disney did not do something really big like Harry Potter in rebuttal to Universals expansion. Now I see today that they are going to expand that area so they may get stay ahead in that area.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014, Nov 2014 (B2B) RCCL Enchantment Nov 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #22
twodogs
Mouseketeer

Just there last week. My DDs are 5&7. Just remembering them participating in ETWB brings tears to my eyes. I loved it and they loved it. Loved the circus area and M&Gs there. Listening to gaston meet folks was hysterical. He must be a stand up comedian on the side. Lots of funny stuff that the adults will get.

I may get flamed, but the only thing that I didn't love was BOG. We ate there for dinner. I may have been so excited to get the reservation that I neglected to preview the menu etc. it seemed quite beautiful and well-themed, but it was a bit serious for my family. The kids menu had choices that my kids don't care for such as steak, fish etc. The most kid friendly item was pasta with marinara. Not that big of a deal but not perfect. The West Wing was dark and not sure my kids would have liked sitting there. We were seated in the main room, so it was fine bc we just visited the West Wing. It is most certainly not a character meal, which I knew going in, but so wished it were when we were in the moment. It could have been so awesome to have belle and the beast waltz through the ballroom during dinner! Wishful thinking!

Loved meeting Ariel in her fins! Loved all the theming, even in the Tangled bathroom. Girls were disappointed that Belle's castle was "fake" and that you couldn't go fully inside like at CRT. but overall, we really liked NFL!
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #23
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagram View Post
I was a bit disappointed also. I think due to modern technology I expected more from the Ariel ride. It seemed same old same old, just different theme. Maybe Snow White mine train will be better. I noticed today they are doing some of the outside decorative work on one side and it looked neat.

I do think the story book circus area is better themed than the previous toontown.

I was surprised that Disney did not do something really big like Harry Potter in rebuttal to Universals expansion. Now I see today that they are going to expand that area so they may get stay ahead in that area.
Disney just needs to go ahead and either do a California Adventure style entire park rehab to Hollywood Studios adding Star Wars and Cars land themed areas or announce a 5th park to steal some of the thunder from Potter phase 2 at Universal because what's going on over there is putting Disney to shame.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We were just there April 14th-19th and I also was very unimpressed with NFL. We were childless this trip so we would not have tried to do ETWB with tweens and teens anyway. The Little mermaid ride was broken down, the roller coaster was not yet built. We didn't go in Gaston's Tavern or BOG. And I don't think the Circus area worked into the new FL theme at all. Is that even part of Fantasyland or is that something off by itself and different? We walked through (which is a quick little walk) and walked through the Circus area then walked the back path that brings you out in front of Space Mountain. Unless you are there to eat or are there with very young children I can't see why I would even go in that area again after seeing it once.

I wasn't blown away in the slightest.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #25
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

new fantasyland dissapointing?

Hi O.P

i really dont see it as dissapointing, its going to be great, its just not fully complete yet, still alot of borders up and alot of mess to be cleared up and things just arent complete, im reserving full judgment until after disney say that its complete!

The little mermaid ride is a little lacking, but its an old ride just rebuilt in disney and it feels like the other dark rides, it fits in with them.

Gastons Tavern is a welcome addition in my eyes i love B&B story! Gaston is one of the best villains lol love the brew!

B&B gift shop has some really nice merch too!!

the ariel meet and greet is nice but if anything a little warm! it gets very stuffy in that rock like outdoor shade lol

the story with belle i never did i dont have a child, were 2 20's so its not somthing we would do until we have our own kid.

at the moment for me fantasy land is worth it even if its just for the Be our guest restraunt.

we got to eat their when they soft opened last october, we got invited in for early lunch, we were one of the only people in their, its so enchanting. i love the idea of the table service crossed with a counter service meal
i hope thats the future of disney dining!!! great meal too!! and plenty of nice scenery.

as for new fantasyland circus area, it works, ice a nicely themed circus style area for dumbo which i like, the new dumbo que is cute and a nice set up.

the big top shop hasnt changed and the meet and greet with goofey is unique nice new costumes for the 4 out of the fab 5 -

the great goofini is still as fun as ever!! im not a daredevil so that coaster is about my limit lol even though ive done space and TOT i axctually enjoy goofini lol and theirs never a que.

i hope disney do more of these expansions to WDW and keep building on this amazing place!!

Last edited by >Ash<; 05-10-2013 at 05:47 AM.
>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #26
floridaminnie
WDW is my 2nd home and working on DCL being my 3rd!
Give me a foot massage andI'm yours!
Friends don't let floridaminnie grade papers drunk from too many margaritas!

Quote:

I ditto the technology on the Little Mermaid ride. I am a HUGE Beauty and the Beast Dan and everything was so small. Seemed like they wasted a lot of money for the end result.

7/27/02 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 2019; 3/23/03 4-Nigh Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 7503; 7/17/03 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 2605; 12/27/03 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 2105; 07/08/04 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 6094; 07/04/09 7-Nigh Eastern Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 5020
floridaminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #27
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:

Harry Potter and the new section of Fantasyland are geared to two different age groups, so it really isn't something you could compare, except that they both have few rides and limited space.

WDW takes care not to let the 'outside world' encroach into their finished areas. At Universal, you hear the mechanics and screaming on the roller coasters outside of the area while you walk in Hogsmeade. You also see the unadorned parts of the castle, and the queue drags you by some unkempt backstage areas. To me, that is a great disappointment. At WDW, the finished attractions are just that - finished, thought out, and well done, no matter what excitement/age level it is geared to.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #28
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

I was a bit underwhelmed also. but I think it may have been the hype for almost a year. The circus tent with the candy store near dumbo I thought was pretty but Gastons tavern? huge disappointment. Enchanted tales with Belle. very disappointing.
eliza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #29
ABZDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

We were lucky enough to get in a few times last November when they were doing soft openings from time to time.
The first time we happened to be wondering past at about 10:45pm & were asked by a cast member if we would like to go in have a look, we jumped at the chance.
We had the Little Mermaid Ride almost to ourselves & also got to have a look round BOG.
We managed to get in to BOG for lunch on another day as well.
I agree that it will be a lot better once the mine train coaster is open but the area is really nice & fantastically themed & if you take it for what it is i.e. an extension to what is the best park IMHO it's very good indeed.
ABZDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #30
IheartRapunzel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Well. Yes, it's beautiful and well themed. But it's a bathroom. For real.
thats it? booo
IheartRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: