Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

What time do we need to get to the gate for opening

I know what time I need to get in line for entry into WDW but have no clue about IOA or US. We will be at the Hard Rock and will have early entry. We will be there June 21-22 which looks like the weekend Transformers will be opening. Wish I had know before we planned everything out! LOL!

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

If the early entry starts at 8 am, be there for 7:15.

There might be early admission at both parks around the time of Transformers opening. They did that with Despicable Me when it opened last year.

You are smart being there before the official opening. It should be much less busy and there should be soft openings by then.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
If the early entry starts at 8 am, be there for 7:15.

There might be early admission at both parks around the time of Transformers opening. They did that with Despicable Me when it opened last year.

You are smart being there before the official opening. It should be much less busy and there should be soft openings by then.
Actually they are going opening weekend, just like us. We will be there June 21-24. Now they could extend out the grand opening, looks to still be set for June 20th.

We seem to time our trips during grand openings of the rides. We happen to be there the week that WWOHP opened and it was crazy busy Pretty much decided us that we would never even think of staying offsite again.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
Actually they are going opening weekend, just like us. We will be there June 21-24. Now they could extend out the grand opening, looks to still be set for June 20th.

We seem to time our trips during grand openings of the rides. We happen to be there the week that WWOHP opened and it was crazy busy Pretty much decided us that we would never even think of staying offsite again.
I have no clue why I answsered what I did, lol. I need to read a little more slowly. For some reason I thought I read June 8-10. I must have gotten mixed up with another thread.

I'd still get there at 7:15 though if early admission is starting at 8. Just ignore the rest of what I said.

Last edited by damo; 05-09-2013 at 10:45 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

Thanks everybody! Lucky us getting there opening weekend- Eeks! Now at Disney, I usually get up early and go get in line and my family comes a little later. Is that acceptable at USF?

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballarinamom View Post
Thanks everybody! Lucky us getting there opening weekend- Eeks! Now at Disney, I usually get up early and go get in line and my family comes a little later. Is that acceptable at USF?
Do you mean you hold spots for your family in the entrance line? I doubt anyone would say anything to you but I don't like it personally. Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy but I don't want to have several people jumping in front of me when I've been standing in line...but that's just me. I would not do that with my family...everyone should come and stand together.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Do you mean you hold spots for your family in the entrance line? I doubt anyone would say anything to you but I don't like it personally. Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy but I don't want to have several people jumping in front of me when I've been standing in line...but that's just me. I would not do that with my family...everyone should come and stand together.
I am with you on this one..No one loves getting up early( esp on vacation) and getting in line but we all do it.I wouldn't do it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: