Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #1471
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! This time for the September trip with DH. I'm trying to wow him with Disney... so I booked the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him! Theres a MNSSHP the Friday night we are there and I'd love to take him to that (it's September 20th so I don't think it will be really crowded) Just have to get the tickets through DVC or AP... and I booked the Archery Experience! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!! Unless I get lucky and can snag a California Grill reservation if they open by then (rumor mill says August)!!

Planning is the best part!!
~N
Can you please tell me more about this Richard Petty Driving Experience?

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #1472
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We are doing the Wishes dessert party on 8/27. Anyone else going to be there with us? I've never been, so I'm pretty excited about it.
Just booked it for the same dates!! We've never been either.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #1473
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

There are 2 different experiences . 1-is a ride along. A professional driving takes you around the track for a number of times. At insane speeds. You pay by the set # of times you want to go around. The cheapest is 3xs I paid about $100 for the adult ticket and $50 ish for the junior ticket,

#2 is you drive the car yourself. - you sit in a class for 3 hrs and learn all about the car, how it handles, how to turn on the curves.then you drive the race car on the track for 3 - however # of laps you choose to pay for. This one starts at $300 ish and goes up.

I u tubed both experiences and the reviews say the ride along is better because they don't allow you o drive yourselves as fast as you think they will let you. The ride a long the professional driver can go as fast as he wants.

**** the junior car has speciality safety harnesses for children of that age***

All the info is right on their website. And they provide transportation from TTC to and from the race way, which is outside MK parking lot

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #1474
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
There are 2 different experiences . 1-is a ride along. A professional driving takes you around the track for a number of times. At insane speeds. You pay by the set # of times you want to go around. The cheapest is 3xs I paid about $100 for the adult ticket and $50 ish for the junior ticket,

#2 is you drive the car yourself. - you sit in a class for 3 hrs and learn all about the car, how it handles, how to turn on the curves.then you drive the race car on the track for 3 - however # of laps you choose to pay for. This one starts at $300 ish and goes up.

I u tubed both experiences and the reviews say the ride along is better because they don't allow you o drive yourselves as fast as you think they will let you. The ride a long the professional driver can go as fast as he wants.

**** the junior car has speciality safety harnesses for children of that age***

All the info is right on their website. And they provide transportation from TTC to and from the race way, which is outside MK parking lot
That sounds like SO much fun! My husband would adore that. I'll have to mention it on our last day so that he'll let me plan a trip for next year . . . . .

Old 06-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #1475
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Honestly I've never done it.. but it's out at Fort Wilderness. You have some instruction and then they take you out and you shoot with the bow and arrows... It's $25 for 1 1/2 hours of bow and arrow time!! Right up his alley!! Sounds boring to me, but he wants to do it and I'm all about whatever he wants to do since this is his first trip to Disney!

~N
Sounds cool! DD11 took up archery on her school's archery team...we just bought her a bow (she borrowed one from the school for her first season), arrows and are waiting on a target, and then we'll have out own "archery experience" in our back yard. Yours is cheaper though!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #1476
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Can you please tell me more about this Richard Petty Driving Experience?
I don't know alot about it other than my husband was all about it! I called the Richard Petty number (the voucher gives that number) instead of Disney today and was told the date I wanted was available, so I got a discounted voucher off of this site (disboards under activities) the cost for the Rookie Experience which is what I bought was $370 with taxes included (a savings of about $109) and that's the cheapest driving one they have (it's 8 laps) the prices really jump up for the others...$800ish and $1,200ish (and 8 laps is enough!!). The whole experience takes about 3 hours (includes a class, suit up time and then 1 lap to warm up and 8 laps around at about 130 miles per hour and then 1 lap cool down there is a driver in the car with him so the speeds can be faster (it's called right seat or something like that..that's new). When its over you get a certificate and a print out of the lap times. All I know is he is super excited (and it really takes a lot to wow him!!)

~N

Last edited by nannette; 06-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #1477
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Sounds cool! DD11 took up archery on her school's archery team...we just bought her a bow (she borrowed one from the school for her first season), arrows and are waiting on a target, and then we'll have out own "archery experience" in our back yard. Yours is cheaper though!
Very cool!! Awesome hobby for her to have!

~N

Old 06-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #1478
natebenma
DIS Veteran

YC/BC FAQ Meet

Mike, Sue, Lee Ann

Mike (MickeyT) and his wife Lee Ann have returned to dry land after their visit out west to Disneyland, a cruise to Alaska and a cruise in Alaska.

Last night they met SueM in Vancouver for dinner.

Boy, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one!

Last edited by natebenma; 06-04-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #1479
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 91-93- I'll catch up with the rest of the thread later tonight or early tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Just stopping in to say hi to my YC friends. Caught up on a few posts and totally agree with this; the Spirit of Aloha Show was a big disappointment for us as well. We paid for the best seating category and were stuck behind a pole, the food wasn't great, and the entertainment was just so so imho.

Hope all my BC/YC friends are well! I've been spending numerous hours soaking up knowledge on the Dis Cruise boards as we booked the Fantasy for next May for our 15 year anniversary; concierge level

Always good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger! And think of us as you sip your off-site Treasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelynsmom View Post
Thank you for the welcome. We have stayed at Pop, GF, Poly, POFQ, and WL on previous trips. I am planning a surprise trip for my daughter from Feb1-8, 2014. This trip is a celebration of the 10th anniversary of her adoption. I hope to book a room at YC CL. I want to book a resort in the EPCOT area so that we can be close to her favorite ride RNR and my favorite park EPCOT.
Lisa
What a great celebration. I'll pencil you onto the list for 2014. Once you make the booking or if you have any changes, you can let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole95 View Post
DW and I did discover the Solarium while the kids were out on their pirate cruise. I am not sure how we missed it before that. I also did not know that there were more tables out the back of the Solarium. That's a good tip for next time.

In regards to the Pirate cruise, I highly recommend it. The kids did it on Wednesday morning and had a blast. Even though it poured on them at the beginning of the trip, they did not complain about getting soaked. Since there was no lightning, the trip continued on. The cast members were great and made sure all the kids had fun. Great way for mom and dad to have a couple hours of quiet time in the middle of the trip.
Would you mind if I added your review to the other reviews we have of the Albatross cruise on Page 1?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
I'm hoping to find some small Random Acts of Kindness and spread it to my favorite place in the world!

3 1/2 days to go!!!!!
What a nice idea. Have a fantastic trip and let us know about your special acts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
One little trick for a "poor man's" mimosa- beer and any sort of lemon-lime soda (sprite, slice, 7-up, etc)
Thanks for the above tip-

Also, sorry to hear about the DIScipline and we appreciate the warning. There is somewhere you can look up what it all means. I remember checking into the rules in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyz View Post
I can't figure out how to post a pic. Wanted to show off our standard view view
Tim
Hi Tim- I have the instructions for posting a photo on Page 1- Other Useful Info. Here is the link. The main trick is that you need to upload your photos to a photosharing site like Photobucket or Flickr or smugmug or something like that.

Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

Or if you want to email the photos to me, I can post them when I get a chance.

beachclubdee at yahoo dot com

FYI for anyone interested- There are also tutorials on multi-quoting posts, making a ticker and creating hyperlinks in that section of the thread.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #1480
ocalla
DIS Veteran

What a GREAT Dismeet!!! thanks for sharing the pic with us, it's so nice to put a face to the names
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 06-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #1481
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Mike, Sue, Lee Ann

Mike (MickeyT) and his wife Lee Ann have returned to dry land after their visit out west to Disneyland, a cruise to Alaska and a cruise in Alaska.

Last night they met SueM in Vancouver for dinner.

Boy, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one!
How cool is that!! Thanks for sharing. Nice to see DIS friends meeting each other!
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #1482
Nole95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
page 91-93- I'll catch up with the rest of the thread later tonight or early tomorrow.

Always good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger! And think of us as you sip your off-site Treasures.

What a great celebration. I'll pencil you onto the list for 2014. Once you make the booking or if you have any changes, you can let us know.

Would you mind if I added your review to the other reviews we have of the Albatross cruise on Page 1?

Thanks!

What a nice idea. Have a fantastic trip and let us know about your special acts.

Thanks for the above tip-

Also, sorry to hear about the DIScipline and we appreciate the warning. There is somewhere you can look up what it all means. I remember checking into the rules in January.

Hi Tim- I have the instructions for posting a photo on Page 1- Other Useful Info. Here is the link. The main trick is that you need to upload your photos to a photosharing site like Photobucket or Flickr or smugmug or something like that.

Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

Or if you want to email the photos to me, I can post them when I get a chance.

beachclubdee at yahoo dot com

FYI for anyone interested- There are also tutorials on multi-quoting posts, making a ticker and creating hyperlinks in that section of the thread.
Feel free to add my Pirate Cruise review.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #1483
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
That sounds like SO much fun! My husband would adore that. I'll have to mention it on our last day so that he'll let me plan a trip for next year . . . . .
Hahaha. You and I think alike!! My husband is always sad and mopey on the last day as we wait for the ME...perfect time to take advantage and get another commitment!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #1484
Nole95
Mouseketeer

When we checked out on Saturday, I forgot to go and request a copy of my itemized room charges. Is there a direct number I can call to request this be emailed or mailed to me?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #1485
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know alot about it other than my husband was all about it! I called the Richard Petty number (the voucher gives that number) instead of Disney today and was told the date I wanted was available, so I got a discounted voucher off of this site (disboards under activities) the cost for the Rookie Experience which is what I bought was $370 with taxes included (a savings of about $109) and that's the cheapest driving one they have (it's 8 laps) the prices really jump up for the others...$800ish and $1,200ish (and 8 laps is enough!!). The whole experience takes about 3 hours (includes a class, suit up time and then 1 lap to warm up and 8 laps around at about 130 miles per hour and then 1 lap cool down there is a driver in the car with him so the speeds can be faster (it's called right seat or something like that..that's new). When its over you get a certificate and a print out of the lap times. All I know is he is super excited (and it really takes a lot to wow him!!)

~N
I love this idea and I think the secret to keeping the rest of the family involved in the Disney vacation is to find something for them that really floats their boat so to speak. Sometimes the men in the family can be a challenge. I know my Dad was. He's in his 70's and has that "been there done that" attitude. He hates the thought of crowds and amusement parks are low, low, low on his list of wanna do's.

I knew I had to get him hooked so he would enjoy the trip and hopefully be interested in going back! The one thing he really loves to do is go fishing so I booked a Disney fishing excursion that takes place at certain resorts. This was a two hour tour for 5 people in a boat led by a Disney Fishing guide. The guide supplies all the equipment AND the knowledge in case you're not a fishing guru like my Dad.

The guide took us to some fantastic spots and we caught large mouth Bass like you would not believe. Literally, in under 60's seconds from the time my Dad first put his hook in the water, he had a fish! The guide will also bait the hooks and take the fish off if you are not that kind of fisherperson. The fish are catch and release so no worries there. Going on this excursion was the highlight of our trip. My dad couldn't wait to tell all of his fishing buddies that the best fishing trip he ever took was at WDW! Thank God we had the pictures to back it up, otherwise it would just be another fisherman's story! These are guys that travel to places like Canada and the Florida coast to go fishing. The thought that really great fishing can be found in Walt Disney World just blows their minds!

Now, my dad keeps reminding me to be sure to look for sales and discounts so we can book that next family trip!

If you know Ninja Mom, you know she pays attention. (That's all I scream at the kids.... "Pay attention, PAY ATTENTION!!!!1!!!11!!!!1" lol.) So, concerning my Dad I've been listening to all those stories he likes to tell about how he had to sell his hot rod when little Ninja Mom came along.... So..... guess what I'm going to book when dad get's tired of the fishing trip.... That's Right, the Richard Petty Driving experience!

~NM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: