Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #1456
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Hmmm. All you have to do is wait???? OR you will learn a few bad habits here on this thread and find yourself rearranging your ADRs over and over again!!!!!

Welcome!!!
Bad habits club here....just emailed IPO to change a few for the end of this month!! I have too much time on my hands

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Old 06-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #1457
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I agree with you about Yachtsman ... up and down. And when it's good, it's really really really good!!

The best restaurant at WDW in Bob's, Jeanne's and my opinion is Artist Point. And whatever you do, have the berry cobbler for dessert. I don't even like cobbler. But don't even try to get in between me and Artist Point's cobbler ... it wouldn't be pretty. Bob says it's the best steak at WDW. I love their chicken. Jeanne loves ALL their seafood. She says it's as good as any of the fine dining places in Vegas.
We're trying Artist Point for the first time in July. 16 trips and we never made it over there. I kept going back and forth on this one but someone at work told DH that the salmon is amazing and I keep eyeing the scallops and the cobbler.
So glad to get your recommendation.

Are you getting excited about the Dessert Party? I know I am!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #1458
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Hmmm. All you have to do is wait???? OR you will learn a few bad habits here on this thread and find yourself rearranging your ADRs over and over again!!!!!

Welcome!!!
Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! This time for the September trip with DH. I'm trying to wow him with Disney... so I booked the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him! Theres a MNSSHP the Friday night we are there and I'd love to take him to that (it's September 20th so I don't think it will be really crowded) Just have to get the tickets through DVC or AP... and I booked the Archery Experience! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!! Unless I get lucky and can snag a California Grill reservation if they open by then (rumor mill says August)!!

Planning is the best part!!
~N

Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #1459
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! This time for the September trip with DH. I'm trying to wow him with Disney... so I booked the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him! Theres a MNSSHP the Friday night we are there and I'd love to take him to that (it's September 20th so I don't think it will be really crowded) Just have to get the tickets through DVC or AP... and I booked the Archery Experience! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!! Unless I get lucky and can snag a California Grill reservation if they open by then (rumor mill says August)!!

~N
Archery experience? What's that?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #1460
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Archery experience? What's that?
Honestly I've never done it.. but it's out at Fort Wilderness. You have some instruction and then they take you out and you shoot with the bow and arrows... It's $25 for 1 1/2 hours of bow and arrow time!! Right up his alley!! Sounds boring to me, but he wants to do it and I'm all about whatever he wants to do since this is his first trip to Disney!

~N

Last edited by nannette; 06-03-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #1461
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We're trying Artist Point for the first time in July. 16 trips and we never made it over there. I kept going back and forth on this one but someone at work told DH that the salmon is amazing and I keep eyeing the scallops and the cobbler.
So glad to get your recommendation.

Are you getting excited about the Dessert Party? I know I am!
Absolutely excited!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #1462
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

We are doing the Wishes dessert party on 8/27. Anyone else going to be there with us? I've never been, so I'm pretty excited about it.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #1463
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

~N
Hi Nanette we're hoping to go to mnsshp on 9/20 also
Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #1464
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi Nanette we're hoping to go to mnsshp on 9/20 also
Awesome! Have you been before? I went a few years ago thought it was pretty cool! I'm looking forward to taking DH!

~N

Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #1465
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:

~N
I booked the driving experience for my nephew as a birthday present. My husband is doing it with him. I think I'm more excited for them. it's my nephews first trip to disney I wanted to throw a little extra magic his way. Never heard of the archery experience, all I hear is " you'll shot your eye out kid!" Just don't trust my family enough lol

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 06-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #1466
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I booked the driving experience for my nephew as a birthday present. My husband is doing it with him. I think I'm more excited for them. it's my nephews first trip to disney I wanted to throw a little extra magic his way. Never heard of the archery experience, all I hear is " you'll shot your eye out kid!" Just don't trust my family enough lol
Yea I'm more nervous about the whole driving experience then a bow and arrow... but, I feel like it's Disney so it'll be ok!! At least that's what I tell myself!! He loves to drive and I thought he would wanna do the exotic car experience, but nope he wants to drive a NASCAR!!! Hope your nephew and husband enjoy it!!

~N

Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #1467
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yea I'm more nervous about the whole driving experience then a bow and arrow... but, I feel like it's Disney so it'll be ok!! At least that's what I tell myself!! He loves to drive and I thought he would wanna do the exotic car experience, but nope he wants to drive a NASCAR!!! Hope your nephew and husband enjoy it!!

~N
I booked the ride along experience for them. I figured how much trouble could they get in with some one else driving lol. I made sure to book something for the little ones to do at the same time so I can be busy with them. I don't think my heart could take watching them actually doing it. I'm not that brave. But they can tell me all about it, like the roller coasters. My feet stay firmly planted on the ground.

Me, DH, DD7, DS3

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013
Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #1468
MickeyMom82
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Welcome!!!

Haha. I have already done that multiple times and I can't promise I wont do it again!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #1469
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever stayed here during November/December? I'm sure the answer is yes, but I'm trying to figure out if the pools are do-able if it is cold out. Is Stormalong Bay heated? We were supposed to be there now but had to cancel due to a death in the family and now we are looking at September or the week right after Thanksgiving for Yacht Club. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #1470
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

I think I got the ok from DBF to do our entire stay at YC!! I really wanted to do a split stay (4 nights AoA, 5 nights YC), but I looked at May prices for this year, and the suites are not much less than a standard at YC. He still said no, but when I explained the difference, how big WDW is & where the 2 resorts are located, he was ok with it. Now, to butter him up for more than a standard view room.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: