Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #1336
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Awesome story. I wish you the best in your battle.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #1337
ocalla
DIS Veteran

couchy: Love, Love, Love the Sangria at Via!!

luvmarypoppins: That is such a very sweet act by a total stranger!!! I read earlier this week about someone doing the same thing to another couple, they in turn paid it forward
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #1338
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Just ordered DH's AP. I even told him before I ordered, " you know, if you say yes to the AP you konw you are agreeing to multiple Disney vaca's" and he said " no prob"
That's what happens when you have an annual pass... so far I have been twice and I have 4 more trips planned!!

Enjoy the pass!!!
~Nannette

Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #1339
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

Can you please add me to the BOG list? We are staying at YC June 15-22nd and are SO excited!

1st trip 1986-camped at Jellystone campground, April 2012 offsite Bonnet Creek, June 2013 our first stay on property at Yacht Club!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #1340
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

I agree. I think the Spirit of Aloha Show is a waste of money. Now Hoop is another story. Love it and the food!!
Yeah! We are going to Hoop de Doo on our Oct trip and I was unsure about it!!!

I have not done Aloha but had another friend who said she was disappointed with it.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #1341
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

I love it here Dee!!!

Last edited by HBGdancermom; 06-01-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #1342
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Yeah! We are going to Hoop de Doo on our Oct trip and I was unsure about it!!!

I have not done Aloha but had another friend who said she was disappointed with it.
My daughter wants me to make a reservation every time she visits. The food is good old fashion comfort food ... she loves the ribs and I love the fried chicken. She loves the fact that I drive so she can drink as many beers or wine as she wants. Its all you can eat and drink. I'm allergic to strawberries and told them so they brought me a huge apple shortcake instead. So good!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #1343
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Well we have switched over to the Yacht Club and we love our room. We can look right onto the boat dock and we are by the lighthouse with a view across the lake.

Tonight we ate at Yachtsman and I cried. Good cry. (Story Ahead)........

Dh and I were celebrating our anniv. We had our buttons on. Our server asked us how many years and we told her. I also told her that dh held my hand when I had cancer and was in the coma for 2 days etc.

Well a little into our dinner, she said someone left you this note and wants you to read it. It said:

Life is precious and part of life is bringing a smile to someone you dont know.

Hope you all enjoyed your meal.

Have a wonderful evening.

Someone named Erin.

Dh said he saw that she was sitting and dining by herself. I am so sorry that I didnt notice her. I always have a lot of pain and just getting to the table and walking is sometimes an effort for sure.

I was so touched by this beautiful, wonderful woman. I dont know if she is a diser or not.

Our server said that has only happened once before to her. I told her if she ever saw this young lady again to make sure she told her thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Our server told us she said she does this once a month and picked us because she saw it was our anniv.

What a wonderful magical experience thanks to wonderful Erin

We were exhausted from the heat today. Guess we are not used to this, so we just sat on our balcony and watched Illuminations. The trees obstructed some of the view but we were really happy with what we saw.

Tomm. I will stop in and say hi to Teena.
What a wonderful story!! My DH is trying to figure out why I am crying over my disboards... Lol.
Thanks for sharing! Happy anniversary too!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #1344
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post
I got Disney mail!!!! I got Disney mail!!!!! I'm so excited, but they only sent two tags. Do they not know how much luggage I have to bring? I will be calling for more. Only 37 more days!!
:woohoo happy dance!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #1345
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

AWESOME advice!!!

But what do I do if I only have ???
Tuna juice!

Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #1346
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post

Wow. I can't believe the hassle they gave you about the AP. We had 10 day park hoppers (and dining plan) on our room card. I went to the Epcot Guest relations office outside the park (the one inside the park could not help us) and we were able to "cash in" our park hoppers for a Premier AP. We still had several meals on our room card, but there was no mention of using them up before giving us our AP. We did this 5/24, so I wonder what has changed in the last week. What a problem. However, we used our Premier AP at Disneyland today and evidently the FL and CA parks don't link together, so we had nothing but trouble. Hopefully it will be all fixed by the time we go back.
That scares me - our trip to WDW isn't until the end of November but I was planning on picking up a Premier AP in September during a quick trip to DLR. I would hate for it not to work when I get to WDW. DD will turn three just before the November trip so I'll buy hers at WDW.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #1347
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Well we have switched over to the Yacht Club and we love our room. We can look right onto the boat dock and we are by the lighthouse with a view across the lake.

Tonight we ate at Yachtsman and I cried. Good cry. (Story Ahead)........

Dh and I were celebrating our anniv. We had our buttons on. Our server asked us how many years and we told her. I also told her that dh held my hand when I had cancer and was in the coma for 2 days etc.

Well a little into our dinner, she said someone left you this note and wants you to read it. It said:

Life is precious and part of life is bringing a smile to someone you dont know.

Hope you all enjoyed your meal.

Have a wonderful evening.

Someone named Erin.

Dh said he saw that she was sitting and dining by herself. I am so sorry that I didnt notice her. I always have a lot of pain and just getting to the table and walking is sometimes an effort for sure.

I was so touched by this beautiful, wonderful woman. I dont know if she is a diser or not.

Our server said that has only happened once before to her. I told her if she ever saw this young lady again to make sure she told her thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Our server told us she said she does this once a month and picked us because she saw it was our anniv.

What a wonderful magical experience thanks to wonderful Erin

We were exhausted from the heat today. Guess we are not used to this, so we just sat on our balcony and watched Illuminations. The trees obstructed some of the view but we were really happy with what we saw.

Tomm. I will stop in and say hi to Teena.
Happy Anniversary!

Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #1348
Adelynsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I agree. I think the Spirit of Aloha Show is a waste of money. Now Hoop is another story. Love it and the food!!
We have done HOOP twice and LOVED it both times.
Lisa

Old 06-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #1349
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla

I would love a PM about this agency!!

Thanks so much,
Missy
To the extent you sent me a pm, thank you - I am checking dis on droid, which never seems to allow me to check messages, although it shows I have new ones.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #1350
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Morning all,

I'm not ate sure where to ask this, so I'll ask my fellow BC lunatics.....

Our next trip to home is coming up in July, and my wife and I are planning on coming down a day earlier than the rest of my family in order to prepare for my nephew's first trip to WDW. As of now, I have a standard room booked at AKL for our first night, but now, as I always do, am beginning to have second thoughts about staying there. I already received my DME tags in the mail, my question is if we decide to switch resorts, must I request new tags since the ones I have currently read AKL? Thanks in advance...
BUMP!!!

I didn't see anyone respond to this.

Yes, I would assume you need to call for new tags if you decide to change resorts, but if anyone knows of a different work-around, please post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatingmom View Post
Oh my gosh! I will be at BCV tomorrow!! I am beyond excited! Having never stayed there before (have always stayed at Pop in the past), I just want to thank everyone for all the great info on this thread! You guys are great!
TODAY!!!

Hope you have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
Thanks for the great advice. I knew the fans on this thread would have good recommendations

Our stay is 6/13 - 6/15. This is a short trip with a very short planning window. Not the usual way we do Disney so I am not used to dealing with everything being booked up. With my recent knee replacement surgery I had not planned on a trip but who can turn down a free trip to a great resort. I am looking forward to exploring the YC.
Thanks for the dates- I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
If we wanted to get to AKL from BC (Boma ressie), is the best way to use a cab, or bus to TTC?

Yayyyyy for June! Now just 2 more months
If it is a breakfast reservation, I would definitely recommend taking a taxi. Probably the same answer for a dinner reservation.

Although you can take a bus from park to park, for me, at Disney, time is money and I like to spend every last cent of it at a park or the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenCin78 View Post
We were originally booked at BWV for the week of 6/15-6/22 because nothing was available at BC or YC for our dates. As of this morning I am happy to say that we will be staying at YC Club Level! Woohoo so excited.

I will happily add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post
Grr...how much more? Looking to spend July 4-6 at the YC and have 1 military park hopper left and can't go to MK because of the BO. Guess I will need a trip to target.
Shall I pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelynsmom View Post
Hi...Lurker Here. I find it my duty to come out of lurking and give my opinion about the Spirit of Aloha Show. My daughter and I LOVE disney and have spent 9 wonderful trips there. The one huge disappoint for us has been the Aloha Show. It was a waste of time and money for us. Just my opinion.
and

The Spirit of Aloha certainly elicited some interesting responses! None positive!

Do you have an upcoming trip you would like to share with us or have you stayed at the resort in the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post

2. I booked my bounce back for me & DH for 10/28-11/3 @ BC (YC was my 1stchoice, but currently no availability for bounce back)!!!!! I'm so excited because it will be our 1st MNSSHP & F&W festival! Dee please add me to BOG!

I'll add you to the B.O.G!!!

MNSSHP & F&W are two of the biggies on my Disney bucket list. Fun!!!

Sorry about the poor experiences you had on the ME bus and dealing with your spiffy new AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I love it here Dee!!!
Me, too!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: