Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #1291
asta
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great advice. I knew the fans on this thread would have good recommendations

Our stay is 6/13 - 6/15. This is a short trip with a very short planning window. Not the usual way we do Disney so I am not used to dealing with everything being booked up. With my recent knee replacement surgery I had not planned on a trip but who can turn down a free trip to a great resort. I am looking forward to exploring the YC.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #1292
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

There isn't a bus to the TTC to or from any of the resorts. Maybe you are thinking of the resort bus depot near the park gate, or the DTD bus..

To get to AKL from the BC via bus, you would have to take the AK bus to the park then switch to the AKL bus.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks
We have never gone resort to resort other than by boat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #1293
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

Or you could go to DHS by boat or go through Epcot and take AKL bus from there. Sometimes easier than TTC.

~Nannette
Great idea. Can't really go through Epcot since we are not par hopping at this time
Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #1294
JenCin78
Mouseketeer

We were originally booked at BWV for the week of 6/15-6/22 because nothing was available at BC or YC for our dates. As of this morning I am happy to say that we will be staying at YC Club Level! Woohoo so excited.

1st trip 1986-camped at Jellystone campground, April 2012 offsite Bonnet Creek, June 2013 our first stay on property at Yacht Club!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #1295
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Why is your son hugging that kid?

Funny thing is that he has never seen the Stitch movie, TV show etc. He only knows him from WDW but he still gets a kick out him and his antics. We are getting VERY close to the "too cool" for character stage so it will be interesting to see how that plays out this trip...

JennCin78- congrats! YC CL is our very favorite place to stay!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 06-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #1296
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Doth my eyes deceive me or did you correct that It did say MGM right
Lol yes it did.. I'm used to MGM and not DHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Great idea. Can't really go through Epcot since we are not par hopping at this time
Well then take the boat to DHS and since you are close to the buses... take it from there quick and easy!

~Nannette

Old 06-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #1297
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

FYI I just read ticket prices are going up tomorrow... Order today to avoid the increase tomorrow if you don't have a package where tickets are included!!

~Nannette

Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #1298
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Everybody gather 'round, It's time for Ninja Mom's Advice Corner!

Recently, on another thread there was a poster wondering, (for the millionth time) which resort she should pick for her families stay. They were going back and forth between Blah and Blah and couldn't decide so they asked the wise sages that post on the Dis for feedback about what to do. I know that some of you reading this thread will be faced with this quandary one day. So I decided to chime in and solve all of your resort choosing problems.

Here is the best answer to the "Where should we stay question.... are you ready?? here it comes......

Stay at The BC/YC/BCV.

There.

That was easy wasn't it? It's sort of like I am preaching to the choir huh? Well I am, but if you find yourself in a position where you CAN'T stay at the BC/YC/BCV because you aren't willing to rob a bank or facilitate an early inheritance from an untimely death in your family, then you may be faced with the chore of deciding where else to stay. All that decision making takes time, and these days, who has time when we spend all of our productive hours reading the Dis Boards.

So I'm going to give you Ninja Mom's full proof method for chosing a Disney resort for your next "El Cheapo" stay.

Our family just writes the name of all the contenders on a post it note and scatters them on the floor. Then we call the dog over and the first one he touches is the one we pick. If something goes wrong at the resort, or if we don't like it, we can blame the dog for picking it. When we get home we are sure to give him the stink eye for a day or two. This makes everybody feel better, but not so much the dog, who is probably wondering what we got in our eye while we were on vacation.

Now if you have a situation where YOU want to stay some place and everyone else wants a different place.... well what you do is rub peanut butter or bacon on your post it note when the rest of the family is NOT looking. You give the dog the secret wink and lay your post it note down. Those dogs have noses like you wouldn't believe so it's a sure bet he's going to run over to your note and touch it first. Just be sure to give the dog a treat after he picks your note, otherwise he will hold a grudge and defeat your scheming the next time you have to use this system of choosing a resort.

Remember, if you "Help" the dog pick your resort choice there is no giving the dog the stink eye if you have any problems on vacation, because that choice was all yours, the dog was just in it for the bacon.

~NM

PS. Remember, if you are willing to take the advice of a bunch of strangers on the internet, what's so bad about letting the dog decide for you??
Old 06-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #1299
P'colaBeachBum
Go 'Noles!

Quote:
FYI I just read ticket prices are going up tomorrow... Order today to avoid the increase tomorrow if you don't have a package where tickets are included!!

~Nannette

Grr...how much more? Looking to spend July 4-6 at the YC and have 1 military park hopper left and can't go to MK because of the BO. Guess I will need a trip to target.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #1300
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
PS. Remember, if you are willing to take the advice of a bunch of strangers on the internet, what's so bad about letting the dog decide for you??

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #1301
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

~Nannette
TY!!! Just ordered ours Will Call...

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 06-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #1302
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Everybody gather 'round, It's time for Ninja Mom's Advice Corner!

Recently, on another thread there was a poster wondering, (for the millionth time) which resort she should pick for her families stay. They were going back and forth between Blah and Blah and couldn't decide so they asked the wise sages that post on the Dis for feedback about what to do. I know that some of you reading this thread will be faced with this quandary one day. So I decided to chime in and solve all of your resort choosing problems.

Here is the best answer to the "Where should we stay question.... are you ready?? here it comes......

Stay at The BC/YC/BCV.

There.

That was easy wasn't it? It's sort of like I am preaching to the choir huh? Well I am, but if you find yourself in a position where you CAN'T stay at the BC/YC/BCV because you aren't willing to rob a bank or facilitate an early inheritance from an untimely death in your family, then you may be faced with the chore of deciding where else to stay. All that decision making takes time, and these days, who has time when we spend all of our productive hours reading the Dis Boards.

So I'm going to give you Ninja Mom's full proof method for chosing a Disney resort for your next "El Cheapo" stay.

Our family just writes the name of all the contenders on a post it note and scatters them on the floor. Then we call the dog over and the first one he touches is the one we pick. If something goes wrong at the resort, or if we don't like it, we can blame the dog for picking it. When we get home we are sure to give him the stink eye for a day or two. This makes everybody feel better, but not so much the dog, who is probably wondering what we got in our eye while we were on vacation.

Now if you have a situation where YOU want to stay some place and everyone else wants a different place.... well what you do is rub peanut butter or bacon on your post it note when the rest of the family is NOT looking. You give the dog the secret wink and lay your post it note down. Those dogs have noses like you wouldn't believe so it's a sure bet he's going to run over to your note and touch it first. Just be sure to give the dog a treat after he picks your note, otherwise he will hold a grudge and defeat your scheming the next time you have to use this system of choosing a resort.

Remember, if you "Help" the dog pick your resort choice there is no giving the dog the stink eye if you have any problems on vacation, because that choice was all yours, the dog was just in it for the bacon.

~NM

This is the best advice I have seen regarding picking resorts. I see a new Disney How-to book in the future called "The Ultimate Disney and Peanut Butter Planning Guide."
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
Old 06-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #1303
ocalla
DIS Veteran

NM. You made my day with that post!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 06-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #1304
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'colaBeachBum View Post
Grr...how much more? Looking to spend July 4-6 at the YC and have 1 military park hopper left and can't go to MK because of the BO. Guess I will need a trip to target.
Our 8 day hoppers ended up being 150 more for all of us, so I bit the bullet on DH's cc and bought them...

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 06-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #1305
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad in PA View Post
This is the best advice I have seen regarding picking resorts. I see a new Disney How-to book in the future called "The Ultimate Disney and Peanut Butter Planning Guide."
WOW!! This is a great Idea. I shall ask the dog if he wishes to get started writing all of the potential guides. I can just see his park touring plan advice:

First thing: RUN to Toy Story Mania, Get distracted by Pop Corn cart. Stare at it longingly until some one buys you a box. Spill box because your nose is too fat. Watch Disney birds eat YOUR Pop Corn. Give up and go to Toy Story Mania. Wait in line for 120 minutes because you are a dopey dog and got distracted.

I do think that Buzzy the Fly should be a ghost writer in the dog's Disney Dining Plan book.....

~NM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: