Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #1276
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Why is your son hugging that kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
First time staying at the Yacht Club and thought it would be best to ask the experts my questions. We have been to WDW several times but almost always stay at the GF but my husbands job is treating us to a quick, short time to plan trip - how lucky is that to get a free stay at a deluxe resort?

Transportation to the MK - how is the bus service? Is it very crowded, what time do people need to be at the bus stop for a normal 9 am opening? This where I will miss the monorail. I will be walking on a still painful knee from a fairly recent knee replacement surgery so I need to be efficient with my steps.

We are not staying club level so what are the best places on site for a quick breakfast?

Is there anyone at the hotel who can assist non club level guests with ADRs? This is an unplanned trip and I am having trouble finding any TS dinner ADRs in the MK. 8 or so years ago we stayed at POR and there was a lady working in the main lobby who was so nice and able to get us a last minute ADR. I called The Yacht Club to ask if they could help but they nicely just told me to call the dining number myself. I can't imagine that POR offers a service that a deluxe would not but that was 8 years ago so maybe this service has been discontinued. My last hope is that someone might help once we are there in person. It is so hard to believe nothing is available in all of the MK.

Thanks for reading and for the help. We may be hungry but I am looking forward to staying at the YC.

Hi there. Lucky you to be getting a freebie . I can answer some of your questions - buses run fairly frequently to MK and I would allow 45 mins or so to get there (in case you just miss one) but I am most likely not the most accurate with this answer as I'm normally on cloud 9 while on said bus thanking my lucky stars that I'm there at all
Beach club marketplace has a decent variety of foods for a quick breakfast(go to page 1 of this thread for loads more info on options). Ale and compass also do a continental breakfast
There is a Guest Relations Desk in the lobby where they will try to help with everything-including dining. We have used them in the past when we needed somewhere to eat last minute and they were able to offer us some options.
Just a suggestion but if you need somewhere to eat while at MK and there is no availability in the park itself why not hop on the monorail to one of the nearby resorts for a wee break to have dinner then zoom back in again afterwards?
Hope this helps
Old 06-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #1277
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Hi Everyone,

Have not kept up with the thread at all since we got back. We had just one day until back to work and 5 days before Kayla's surgery. She had her surgery this morning and everyone at Children's Hosp of Philadelphia were wonderful. We had to be there at 6a and it is about an hour and a half from our house so that was a bit early for my taste. But on the bright side we were on our way home by 10:30-11:00 a.m. She is doing well with the pain, has the coolest cast ever.

We had a great time at the Beach Club as always. Glad we were lucky enough to see Teena before she was off to Vero Beach! We were at BCV from the 17th to the 24th and then went to AKV Jambo for 2 nights. We LOVED Animal Kingdom Lodge. The theming was wonderful, the animals are so calming. It was a really nice way to end our trip.

I'm very glad we liked both resorts because we trade in through RCI and don't always get our first choice. So it is nice to have more than one option.

I'll begin to catch up on the thread tomorrow as I am exhausted today.

For those with upcoming trips have a magical time!
Thanks so much for keeping us updated about Kayla's surgery. Sending positive thoughts for a quick and complete recovery.

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

Check in with us when you can!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #1278
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Morning Dee You're up early even by your standards I sent you a wee email (hoping this arrives as the computer not always playing fair these days ).
Is maintain the BC/YC thread keeping you awake at nights?? Hope not and that you're just "wicked excited" for your trip
Old 06-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #1279
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama3 View Post
First time staying at Beach Club!! September 3-13/2013!! Sooo excited!
to the DIS and to the Beach & Yacht Club forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list I keep on Page 1, showing when people are staying at the resort.

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
First time staying at the Yacht Club and thought it would be best to ask the experts my questions. We have been to WDW several times but almost always stay at the GF but my husbands job is treating us to a quick, short time to plan trip - how lucky is that to get a free stay at a deluxe resort?

Transportation to the MK - how is the bus service? Is it very crowded, what time do people need to be at the bus stop for a normal 9 am opening? This where I will miss the monorail. I will be walking on a still painful knee from a fairly recent knee replacement surgery so I need to be efficient with my steps.

We are not staying club level so what are the best places on site for a quick breakfast?

Is there anyone at the hotel who can assist non club level guests with ADRs? This is an unplanned trip and I am having trouble finding any TS dinner ADRs in the MK. 8 or so years ago we stayed at POR and there was a lady working in the main lobby who was so nice and able to get us a last minute ADR. I called The Yacht Club to ask if they could help but they nicely just told me to call the dining number myself. I can't imagine that POR offers a service that a deluxe would not but that was 8 years ago so maybe this service has been discontinued. My last hope is that someone might help once we are there in person. It is so hard to believe nothing is available in all of the MK.

Thanks for reading and for the help. We may be hungry but I am looking forward to staying at the YC.

Congrats to your family on the trip. When is your stay? Hope you fall in love with the Yacht Club!

I'll add a little bit to the excellent advice given above.

Breakfast- as mentioned, the Ale & Compass in the Yacht Club Lobby offers a very quick breakfast if you are looking for coffee, muffin, fruit, etc. Here is a link with more info.

REAL COFFEE ALERT!!!

Ale and Compass is located just off the Yacht Club Lobby.

In the morning, breakfast items are available like a DECENT cup of coffee and tea, pastries, an assortment of cereal and fruit.

Thanks, Niki in NJ for the photo!

Ale and Compass Menu

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast Photos

Thanks, MickeyT and Nicki in NJ

For a bigger selection and a few hot items, try the Beach Club Marketplace:

The Marketplace serves made to order items, grab and go selections and also has sundries.

The Marketplace is open from 6 am to 7 am for coffee and drink refills only
Breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am
Lunch/Dinner Entrees are served from 11 am to 11 pm

Check out the links to these threads with pictures of the Marketplace menus and many of the food selections:
Beach Club Marketplace Thread and BC Marketplace Photo and Information Thread updated October 2012

Here is a menu listing from the allears website: Beach Club Marketplace Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
There is a Guest Relations Desk in the lobby where they will try to help with everything-including dining. We have used them in the past when we needed somewhere to eat last minute and they were able to offer us some options.
Just a suggestion but if you need somewhere to eat while at MK and there is no availability in the park itself why not hop on the monorail to one of the nearby resorts for a wee break to have dinner then zoom back in again afterwards?
Hope this helps
luvpoohandcompany- you beat me to this response while I was responding to my emails.

To the OP- I think when you called the Yacht Club, you were actually routed to an offsite call center. I don't think you actually get someone at the resort, but I'm not positive.

As mentioned above, there is a desk at the resort where they may be able to to help you. In the meantime, you can continue to try to see if there are any openings during your trip.

I also second the suggestion to try a monorail restaurant if it won't be too difficult for you to get to. I love Kona at the Poly which often has openings for dining (and maybe you can time it so you can watch the fireworks from the beach afterwards) or you may be familiar with some of the GF offerings. Good luck!

Last edited by natebenma; 06-01-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #1280
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Morning Dee You're up early even by your standards I sent you a wee email (hoping this arrives as the computer not always playing fair these days ).
Is maintain the BC/YC thread keeping you awake at nights?? Hope not and that you're just "wicked excited" for your trip
Nope, no FAQ worries and Yes, "wicked excited" about the trip NEXT MONTH!!! Hedwig has nearly cleared the book and the Beach Club insignia is almost driving the monorail.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #1281
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

If we wanted to get to AKL from BC (Boma ressie), is the best way to use a cab, or bus to TTC?

Yayyyyy for June! Now just 2 more months
Old 06-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #1282
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we wanted to get to AKL from BC (Boma ressie), is the best way to use a cab, or bus to TTC?

Quickest way would be a cab. I don't remember if you can reach one park from another, but if you have the time, you certainly can go to the TTC and board a bus there. My opinion, spring the extra couple of bucks and get a cab.

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 06-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #1283
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post

Quickest way would be a cab. I don't remember if you can reach one park from another, but if you have the time, you certainly can go to the TTC and board a bus there. My opinion, spring the extra couple of bucks and get a cab.
That is what I was thinking

Otherwise it is 2 busses. No resort to resort busses
Old 06-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #1284
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We haven't used them in a few years, so I looked it up. Here is a link to an information thread about all the WDW lockers:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/lockers.htm
Thanks so much for the link! Great info.

I forgot to add my other tip (which is included with this info)- if you rent a locker in one park and go to another park in the same day, you only need to pay for the deposit (refundable) to rent in the second park by showing your receipt. I think that is the same policy for stroller rentals, too.

I also didn't know that there are lockers in Downtown Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinon3stars View Post
Has anyone tried the new ice cream martinis in France yet? Just saw them posted on the Disney Food Blog! These are served in a martini glass, and come with your choice of three select liqueurs: Grand Marnier, Clement Rhum from Martinique, and Whipped Cream flavored Epic Vodka!

I haven't posted in quite some time but have been lurking. All the talk about Slushies has me ready to get one on my next visit.

I'll be there the last week of June but am staying at the Dolphin with my sister in law because she is there for a National School Nurses' Convention. It will be just her and I going. I'll be solo for most of the day but we'll be out and about together evenings drinking slushies and ice cream martinis in France!

Hubby and I are in the discussion phase of another trip to Beach Club. We're just trying to decide when!
Hey, back!

Have a great time on your June trip and definitely let us know when you have your trip to the BC planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Well probably my last live update from the wonderful beach club club level. We switch to the yacht club tomm. Lots of people checking in today.Both club and regular rooms. It was crowded in the lobby around 2pm.

My only complaint of the club level. I wish they would label some of the offerings like maybe even a little place card so you wouldnt have to guess what things are.

This morning in the lounge: chocolate chip mini muffins, blueberry danish. Yest. it was blueberry mini muffins, so I guess they rotate those offerings.

Last night it was phyllo and I am guessing maybe feta in it? Not sure. And crab rangoons because dh heard someone else ask what they were. Some kind of spicy sauce, tasted tomato like. then in a little ramekin was something like salsa Sorry for the vague descriptions because hence we dont know what anything is etc

Honestly what if someone has a food allergy, do they have to constantly have people ask what things are etc. I think labeling the stuff would be much better I dont think it would look tacky at all. I dont know what, if any, is the issue with them not doing this.

We are eating at cape may tonight but I might just go in to see what they have so I can write something about it.

So far my favorite club level cast member is Hannah. She is just the sweetest.

Tomm. I get to say hi with Teena and take a picture. Now if only I knew how to post them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
we stopped off at the lounge before dinner and I am so glad we did because they had...bacon wrapped scallops, also ahi tuna, and if anyone wants to play, guess whats in the phyllo triangle tonight...its ...spinach!! They also had a watermelon drink, non alcoholic, Dh liked it.

At the pool today there were lots of empty tubes just floating around but by 2 it got busy with lots of people. Swimming was very refreshing. I like that they have the swim vest rack out for kids.
Once again, thanks for the updates.

Hmmm... that's odd about the lack of signs identifying the food at club level. I know I have seen them in photos from the YC and I'm pretty sure there were signs when we last stayed at BC club level (July 2010).

I agree, they really should have them out!

So glad to hear that the scallops and bacon made an appearance. I know that made a lot of people happy. I have also heard great things about those watermelon shooters. They sound super refreshing.

As far as I know, Teena is working Sunday and Monday this week, but if you do run into her and happen to take a picture, if you want to email it to me, I'll post it for you

beachclubdee at yahoo dot com

Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #1285
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post
Hey! Great picture- blue is your color. Jk.
BTW- I was looking at the BoG list- although I promise I'm not a stalker- really. I just noticed we'll be at the BC the same time- we overlap several days. If we're at SAB the same time- First round of Sunken Treasures is on me. Yaayyy!!
That's exactly what the BOG list is for!!! I would love to meet as many of my Disboard friends as possible!!!

SAB is our daily "vacation within our vacation"!!! Nothing like a mid-day break in that July heat!!!

Be sure and wave, jump, yell or whatever you need to do to get my attention if you see 3 Big "Kids" enjoying some pool time!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #1286
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There isn't a bus to the TTC to or from any of the resorts. Maybe you are thinking of the resort bus depot near the park gate, or the DTD bus..

To get to AKL from the BC via bus, you would have to take the AK bus to the park then switch to the AKL bus.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 06-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #1287
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:

Or you could go to DHS by boat or go through Epcot and take AKL bus from there. Sometimes easier than TTC.

~Nannette

Last edited by nannette; 06-01-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #1288
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

Or you could go to DHS by boat or go through Epcot and take AKL bus from there. Sometimes easier than TTC.

~Nannette
Doth my eyes deceive me or did you correct that It did say MGM right

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 06-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #1289
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Morning all,

I'm not ate sure where to ask this, so I'll ask my fellow BC lunatics.....

Our next trip to home is coming up in July, and my wife and I are planning on coming down a day earlier than the rest of my family in order to prepare for my nephew's first trip to WDW. As of now, I have a standard room booked at AKL for our first night, but now, as I always do, am beginning to have second thoughts about staying there. I already received my DME tags in the mail, my question is if we decide to switch resorts, must I request new tags since the ones I have currently read AKL? Thanks in advance...

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 06-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #1290
skatingmom
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh! I will be at BCV tomorrow!! I am beyond excited! Having never stayed there before (have always stayed at Pop in the past), I just want to thank everyone for all the great info on this thread! You guys are great!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: