Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #1021
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post
Hi Nixie- in the past I've booked standard view. I think I remember the view being a grassy courtyard. Last year I booked a garden view. We were on the 4th floor with a beautiful view of Spaceship Earth overlooking a back garden of lilacs & walkway to the villas. We could even see Illuminations fireworks! You'll need to specify you want a balcony or you might end up with a first floor walk out patio.
That sounds lovely!!! We currently have a garden view booked for our vacation. Is it too forward to request "a view of spaceship earth" as a request for a room? I know there is no guarantee but I wonder if they would try to accommodate that request?

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 05-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #1022
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyfun View Post
With only 8 days to go, we finally got the Snow White dress completed, now I need to create a Belle dress. My Great Niece is soooo excited.
That dress is gorgeous!!!!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #1023
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Back home again

Well our week at Disney is over and we arrived home late last night. The Beach Club was really gorgeous and club level was totally worth it for us. Teena, I was going to say hello, but the one day you were there and I saw you, I was rushing to a dining reservation and you were busy with a family. But thanks for all the great tips you share here as they are priceless!

I have no idea how we are going to downgrade to a mod next trip as going Deluxe and CL has definitely spoiled us. Our room was only 2 doors down from the lounge which made it so easy to pop over for a drink or snack as we came to or from the parks throughout the day.

I did want to mention I read a lot of complaints about the size of the BC lounge and how crowded it was. Mind you I have nothing to compare it to because it was our first CL stay, but we were there for 7 nights and the only time I found it particularly crowded was during apps the Friday we left. We sat with the kids over by the kiddie tables that night. Outside of that we always found a table and never had much of a line. And we were there at various times throughout. The staff was super helpful too and offered to bring things for myself and the kids at times they weren't normally out. Like chocolate milk for my 4 year old and GF cookies whenever I wanted them. They are still giving bottled water as well so that was a great help going into the parks.

We did have a rough time trying to do laundry one morning at BC so if you are like me and end up needing to do at least one load plan accordingly. Probably half the washers and dryers were broken and the rest were in use each time I checked. First room I tried had no change machine either so I had to go and ask where to find one. They finally directed me to the laundry at the Villas and while they only had 2 washers and 2 dryers they weren't being used. And they were closest to my room anyhow.

The kids LOVED the campfire and marshmallows. And I loved the little beach there. It was so peaceful and beautiful at night looking over towards the Boardwalk. And the softest sand I think I've ever felt. There was a cute little bunny who came on the beach every night eating marshmallow scraps.

Well, those are just a few things I thought of to share about my stay. Now to plan our next trip and decide on a new place to stay.

To all the BC/YC newbies like me you are going to love this resort!

Old 05-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #1024
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
With only 8 days to go, we finally got the Snow White dress completed, now I need to create a Belle dress. My Great Niece is soooo excited.
Gorgeous! What a very lucky little girl!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 05-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #1025
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Well our week at Disney is over and we arrived home late last night. The Beach Club was really gorgeous and club level was totally worth it for us. Teena, I was going to say hello, but the one day you were there and I saw you, I was rushing to a dining reservation and you were busy with a family. But thanks for all the great tips you share here as they are priceless!

I have no idea how we are going to downgrade to a mod next trip as going Deluxe and CL has definitely spoiled us. Our room was only 2 doors down from the lounge which made it so easy to pop over for a drink or snack as we came to or from the parks throughout the day.

I did want to mention I read a lot of complaints about the size of the BC lounge and how crowded it was. Mind you I have nothing to compare it to because it was our first CL stay, but we were there for 7 nights and the only time I found it particularly crowded was during apps the Friday we left. We sat with the kids over by the kiddie tables that night. Outside of that we always found a table and never had much of a line. And we were there at various times throughout. The staff was super helpful too and offered to bring things for myself and the kids at times they weren't normally out. Like chocolate milk for my 4 year old and GF cookies whenever I wanted them. They are still giving bottled water as well so that was a great help going into the parks.

We did have a rough time trying to do laundry one morning at BC so if you are like me and end up needing to do at least one load plan accordingly. Probably half the washers and dryers were broken and the rest were in use each time I checked. First room I tried had no change machine either so I had to go and ask where to find one. They finally directed me to the laundry at the Villas and while they only had 2 washers and 2 dryers they weren't being used. And they were closest to my room anyhow.

The kids LOVED the campfire and marshmallows. And I loved the little beach there. It was so peaceful and beautiful at night looking over towards the Boardwalk. And the softest sand I think I've ever felt. There was a cute little bunny who came on the beach every night eating marshmallow scraps.

Well, those are just a few things I thought of to share about my stay. Now to plan our next trip and decide on a new place to stay.

Thank you for sharing! Sounds like a great trip.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #1026
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post
Hello everyone! I'm new to DIS but not new to the BC. I was checking around for details & new info since this will be our first year staying CL. It's definitely interesting, amazing & helpful to see how others plan & vacation at Disney. Lots of wonderful ideas! Although, I'm still learning how to navigate through the threads & search - its been fun & addicting really. We're driving down (as always) from NY arriving July 20th for 14 nights! This year I guess I'm packing Tastykakes for Teena! Lol. I'm looking forward to reading along & continue to tweak our final plans for another awesome vacation!
Jen

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. Hope you have fun checking out all the info on the DIS. As you mention, it is totally addictive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
Finally got the hubby's okay We will be staying at the Beach Club from Oct 12th - 19th. This will be our first time at the Beach Club. I am soooo looking forward to it! We will be celebrating our little one's 3rd birthday.

I do have some questions! (Sorry! ) If I book a "standard" view room what will my balcony be over looking?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please ask away with any questions you have. The info below from the FAQ on Page 1 may help with your question about views.

What will the view from my room be?

Effective with reservations on January 1, 2011, the view categories at the Beach and Yacht Clubs were reclassified into 3 booking categories:

Standard view- parking lot or rooftops
Garden view- something green- trees or courtyard
Lagoon or Water view- lake or pool

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these threads is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Quote:
Adorable!!!

Were you able to get all 7 dwarves on the skirt, or just some of them? What a great talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
That sounds lovely!!! We currently have a garden view booked for our vacation. Is it too forward to request "a view of spaceship earth" as a request for a room? I know there is no guarantee but I wonder if they would try to accommodate that request?
You could ask for that- if you are also requesting a full balcony, I would word your request

"Full balcony, please. View of Spaceship Earth if possible" or

"Full balcony, please. Facing Epcot, upper floor" is another possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post

Thanks for the awesome review! So glad you enjoyed your stay at the resort.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #1027
Nole95
Mouseketeer

Checked into BC this morning at about 8:45. We were checked in within 15 minutes of parking. Very easy.

We are in a garden view room overlooking the beach volleyball and actually have a great view of the water from the small balcony on the third floor.

We were I'm Epcot by about 9:15. It was packed today but we did manage to do Soarin ((FP), Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Mexico and Norway before 1:45, which included lunch in Sunshine Seasons. We'll hit the rest of the rides early tomorrow morning.

Now relaxing at Storming before heading back to Epcot for dinner. Lots of chair saving going on today, but I have seen cast members walking around removing towels on chairs that look unoccupied.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #1028
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You made this????? Want to make more? Size 2T? I'm in line as your first customer. Do anything with Jake the Pirate or Tinkerbell (Lily's favorite)?????
Old 05-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #1029
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
You made this????? Want to make more? Size 2T? I'm in line as your first customer. Do anything with Jake the Pirate or Tinkerbell (Lily's favorite)?????
Teena- check this one out! I think Judy posted this while you were away visiting Jeanne. I believe she is custom-making them for her (grand) niece.

Aren't these awesome?

Quote:
I am loving this dress that we made for Zoey, hope that she likes it as much

Judy
Old 05-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #1030
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Teena- check this one out! I think Judy posted this while you were away visiting Jeanne. I believe she is custom-making them for her (grand) niece.

Aren't these awesome?
OMG ... unbelievable. I have to pay her to do a Jake the Pirate dress. Lily loves Jake.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #1031
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My nieces favorite is Jake too!!! She gets to see him for the first time in 11 days!!!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 05-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #1032
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

You know you are without children/grands when.... you have to ask who Jake the Pirate is?!?

I could have googled... but I thought posting here would be way more interesting.

~Nannette

Ok took to long for a response....I googled!

Last edited by nannette; 05-26-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #1033
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole95 View Post
Checked into BC this morning at about 8:45. We were checked in within 15 minutes of parking. Very easy.

We are in a garden view room overlooking the beach volleyball and actually have a great view of the water from the small balcony on the third floor.

We were I'm Epcot by about 9:15. It was packed today but we did manage to do Soarin ((FP), Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Mexico and Norway before 1:45, which included lunch in Sunshine Seasons. We'll hit the rest of the rides early tomorrow morning.

Now relaxing at Storming before heading back to Epcot for dinner. Lots of chair saving going on today, but I have seen cast members walking around removing towels on chairs that look unoccupied.
Thank you for sharing! Have a magical trip!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #1034
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
You know you are without children/grands when.... you have to ask who Jake the Pirate is?!?

I could have googled... but I thought posting here would be way more interesting.

~Nannette

Ok took to long for a response....I googled!
This is one of those times that I consider posting family photos! Because I would have added one of our 6-year-old who dressed like Jake on the Dream in 2011 and the Wonder in 2012! His costume for the Wonder was far more authentic - the official Disney one with hair/bandana. But both his skin tone and his hair already look like Jake, so it's a pretty good match!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #1035
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG ... unbelievable. I have to pay her to do a Jake the Pirate dress. Lily loves Jake.
LOL me too! DD is obsessed with Jake and Sophia. She is so very excited by the pirates and princess summer and is already posing for a picture to send in...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: