Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #931
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Just bought the inflatable noodles yesterday. Put them straight into the Disney bin! If anyone uses them successfully at SAB let me know!! FYI there were 2 in a pack for $3 in the Target Dollar Spot.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #932
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post

We paid out of pocket for our meals this trip so I paid more attn to prices. They were usually $4-5, at least where we ate and what we ordered.
Shortly after I posted I went to research...and yes, I agree with you

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #933
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 57-59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post

*snip*

Oh Yeah - checking into BCV TONIGHT!! Hope to get a pic of my DGrDs with Teena on Sunday or Monday!! I have pics of my kids and DNeph with Art through the years. Whoo Hoo!!
Don't know if you will be checking in with us during your trip, but I hope you have a fantastic time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
The good news is that our entire trip will be at my favorite resort ever....Beach Club!

And Dee, maybe we'll get to meet up at SAB for a Sunken Treasure since we'll be at BC at the same time!
Still July 13-21??? BC CL (All Beach Club, All the Time)

Once again, I am excited about this news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
You guys are evil!! My TA just switched us from YC GV to YC CL (standard). I lose my pretty view, but gain the CL lounge Time to cancel a few breakfast ADRs...
Congrats! I'll make the change to the BOG list.

Personally, I would take CL over view every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmalru80 View Post
We'll be back to the Beach Club July 10th through 17th for our annual getaway.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis2902 View Post
How good is the Wi-Fi coverage at the BC/YC? Do you get good reception at Stormalong Bay?

Have you booked a trip? Let us know the dates if you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

BUMPING up your question about Wi-Fi at Stormalong Bay. Does anyone have recent experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2 View Post
I thought I remember reading somewhere about a scavenger hunt at BC. Is this something for little kids? Could a family do it or is it organized by the hotel?

When is your trip?

Some responses about a scavenger hunt are earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyGirly View Post
Hi! Just adding myself to the thread. We're doing our annual Universal/Disney, multi-split-stay vacation in July (I know, but it's the only time we can go!) Our YC portion of the trip will be July 11-14. We can't wait. It will be our fist YC stay.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

But first, you need to give me more details about your whole trip...

Is the Universal portion of your stay before or after YC? Where are you staying?? Have you been to US/IoA before?

Our dates are very similar.

We are going to "The Park Which Must Not Be Named" from July 13-16, then checking in to the BC July 16-20.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #934
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Headed back to BC on June 7th -- lost track of how many times we've stayed at YC/BC -- might be our 8th visit; in any case, can't wait!

We did online check-in, and my question is if our KTTW will be RFID.

Thanks!

WDW once a year since 2003!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #935
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 60-63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
OMG, yes we feel the same way. It was so great, convenient, and had such a safe feeling for the kiddos. Started our day off so much more relaxed!

Ahem by the way, DEE can you add us to the BOG list for November?

Nov 17 - 23 BC SV CL!!
Absolutely!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Hi everyone!!
My family & I are in the process of planning our 1st WDW trip!!
We will not be certain on our dates for a few months, but, it will be in May (I THINK!!). We will be staying a total of 9 nights, doing a split stay between AoA, and just decided yesterday on YC. Most likely, it will be a 4/5 split, respectively.

I read the entire first page, and that just set it in more that the YC is where I would like to stay!!

I do have a question regarding the views. If we were to book Garden View, is the view ONLY of "something green"? Or, may it also have rooftop/parking views? I ask this because we recently stayed at Aulani in a Garden View, and I felt as if I had a Standard View with a hill in the background

Also, does anybody know what the rack rate was for May this year? Just trying to get an idea in my head of figures.

Thanks a bunch!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Another question, may have missed it on the very informative first page. Is there a general store located at YC? Where I can get things such as milk, cereal, snacks, etc. I showed DBF the resorts tonight, his faves were YC & BWI, until we saw the clown. That kind of killed our interest. Lol.

Would you like me to pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for May, or wait until you book?

Regarding room views- I have started a couple of "View Threads" on the resort photo subforum. Click on these links and scroll through for a few samples of views from the different room categories.

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The Yacht Club gift shop is Fittings & Fairings. There is a link on Page 1, Post 6. I'll add it here in a minute.

ETA:

Here is a link to over 20 photos taken by Cinderumbrella in June 2011:
Fittings and Fairings

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
We were at YC last week too.

*snip*

Took advantage of the bounceback offer. Booked for both Sept & Dec coz we don't know whch week DH will be able to go. We'll be canceling 1 of them when we finally know. Can't wait to go back!!!
Thanks so much for your very detailed review! We appreciate the info.

Are you bouncing back to the Yacht Club? Or another resort? Do you want me to pencil you in for Sept and Dec, or wait until you know which dates you will be traveling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Yacht Club garden view rooms have a refrigerator? Sorry if this has been discussed before. Thanks in advance!

Do you have a trip booked? When? Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1?

Others have also responded- all rooms at the resort have a mini-fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captsparrow View Post
We just came back from a great week at the Beach Club. I absolutely love the scent when walking into the Beach Club Main Lobby. Does anyone know what that might be and get you get it anywhere.
Post-trip to the thread!

Here's the info on the BC/YC scent from the "Other Useful Info" post on Page 1.

What is that awesome smell at the Beach Club?

The scent generator may be purchased at www.scentairhome.com
The scent used is green clover and aloe

Redneck scent solutions- if you can't afford the scentair system, there are reports that certain fragrances at Bath & Body Works are good matches. Unfortunately, some of these lines have been discontinued:

BBW: Rainkissed Leaves, Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside, Cotton Blossom

Please let us know if you have found other good substitutions. I think a few people have mentioned some Yankee Candle scents remind them of the BC smell, but I can't remember what they are, so if someone knows, please post. I'll add the info.

Last edited by natebenma; 05-25-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #936
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyz Ondewalz View Post
I only live for 15 days, so I'm not sleeping either....

On my last legs, your friend Buzzy the Fly

As Jimmy Buffet sings

"You better larva me now, or larva me not!"

We bid you Adieu-

A doo-

A doo-doo!

Old 05-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #937
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

As Jimmy Buffet sings

"You better larva me now, or larva me not!"

We bid you Adieu-

A doo-

A doo-doo!

You two are a mess!!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #938
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

On a cold and rainy Memorial Day weekend, with even a possibility of SNOW, this thread keeps me warm and happy.

Pirate Cruises all sold out during our trip (at all resorts)
Old 05-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #939
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Hello Y&BC friends! It's been awhile since I've posted. However I've been lurking for months!! My last time being very active on the DIS was last year, but that was mostly on the DL threads since we visited DL/DCA for the first time. Anyway, I miss my 'old' friends and look forward to all the new friends here...this is such a friendly place!!

DH and I are coming down for F&W in October...have the SW airfare booked but not hotel yet (opposite of what I normally do). I had a great pin code through end of September and wanted to book with that for the beginning of F&W, but we have a wedding in VA end of Sep. We do know we want to stay in the Epcot area!! My daughter is upset she can't go (college), but my son (just graduated from Rutgers) seems okay with it. They both enjoy Disney (especially DD). So all of you folks wondering if your kids will outgrow WDW...I say don't even think of it. There is sooooo much to do and my family realized on our last few trips it's not just about the rides haha.

Kerry
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 05-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #940
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
On a cold and rainy Memorial Day weekend, with even a possibility of SNOW, this thread keeps me warm and happy.

Pirate Cruises all sold out during our trip (at all resorts)
Oooh same here in RI but.....SNOW??!! For real???

Kerri
Old 05-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #941
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

I knew i should have saved it in my favorite places, but I can't seem to find the info about the short cut from BC to WS, where was a certain door to walk out of? Anyone link me to that post? Thanks!

My 8 year old daughter says we are 83 days away...it seems just too far away!!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 05-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #942
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
I knew i should have saved it in my favorite places, but I can't seem to find the info about the short cut from BC to WS, where was a certain door to walk out of? Anyone link me to that post? Thanks!

My 8 year old daughter says we are 83 days away...it seems just too far away!!

~~~ Look to Page 1 ~~~

The main thing you need to remember is follow the hallway signs to Room 1501.

Here is the post from the BC Rooms Post (Post 8)

Step-Saving Super Secret Entrance to the Beach Club

There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501.

This was really handy for us a couple of times this summer when it was wicked hot and when it had just started pouring.

You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.

Here are photos of the exit door near room 1501, the pathway and the gate to the "secret entrance"

Old 05-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #943
Davis2902
Earning My Ears

Have you booked a trip? Let us know the dates if you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

BUMPING up your question about Wi-Fi at Stormalong Bay. Does anyone have recent experience?

Doing a split stay between Contemp and BC June 10th-16th, Three nights at each.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #944
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovintheLodge View Post
Hello Y&BC friends! It's been awhile since I've posted. However I've been lurking for months!! My last time being very active on the DIS was last year, but that was mostly on the DL threads since we visited DL/DCA for the first time. Anyway, I miss my 'old' friends and look forward to all the new friends here...this is such a friendly place!!

DH and I are coming down for F&W in October...have the SW airfare booked but not hotel yet (opposite of what I normally do). I had a great pin code through end of September and wanted to book with that for the beginning of F&W, but we have a wedding in VA end of Sep. We do know we want to stay in the Epcot area!! My daughter is upset she can't go (college), but my son (just graduated from Rutgers) seems okay with it. They both enjoy Disney (especially DD). So all of you folks wondering if your kids will outgrow WDW...I say don't even think of it. There is sooooo much to do and my family realized on our last few trips it's not just about the rides haha.

Kerry

Nice to see you back here!!!

Please let us know where you end up!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #945
natebenma
DIS Veteran

PHEW!!!

It wasn't easy, but I'm all caught up.

Please take a moment to review the Be Our Guest list to make sure I have your information listed correcty.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

I also tried to bump up any outstanding questions, but if I missed something from a day or two ago, feel free to ask again.

There's still an outstanding ? about whether the KTTW cards at the BC/YC have RFID chips.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: