Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #886
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
That's funny - that's how I justified switching back to CL - I wouldn't need the breakfat ADRs! I know exactly what you mean - you don't "need" CL but it would feel so weird without it!

Yup...our last trip (Poly) spoiled us and when we have the opportunity we probably will always "choose" CL.

For instance this trip SV CL was $114 more than a GV room at YC-our family had planned to do CP one morning and that would have come to around $130! The other morning we figured would have been around $80 ish getting room service breakfast. So for a mere $19 more we have ourselves in CL...Pretty sure that we will break even on arrival night with desserts and a couple beers.

When we go to the "World" it has usually been about 3 years time. We like to stay for at least 10 days. If cost was an issue, I would totally do a split stay between say POR-Riverside and a deluxe with CL. There is something so special about it, almost like having a "living room" and dining room in addition to the room. Matter of fact, I was thinking when I woke up at 2am this morning to pouring rain that having the CL lounge would be so nice if that happens when we are at Disney. I will go there with my 'puter and surf!

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #887
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Just got home from four fantastic days at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Can't find time to go through all the pages I missed so if anybody left me a question, please repeat. Sure appreciate it!!!

Looking forward to seeing lots of you this Sunday and Monday at the BC!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #888
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Teena!!! Glad you had a great time

Hope Bob's arm/wrist is back to normal now??
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #889
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
That's funny - that's how I justified switching back to CL - I wouldn't need the breakfat ADRs! I know exactly what you mean - you don't "need" CL but it would feel so weird without it!
OMG, yes we feel the same way. It was so great, convenient, and had such a safe feeling for the kiddos. Started our day off so much more relaxed!

Ahem by the way, DEE can you add us to the BOG list for November?

Nov 17 - 23 BC SV CL!!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #890
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Welcome back Teena!!! Glad you had a great time

Hope Bob's arm/wrist is back to normal now??
Almost back to normal.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #891
amytech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Dee.....please don't shoot me, but I have good news! We are no longer doing a BC/Poly split. Our entire trip will be at the BC! Club Level! The discount I was waiting for didn't cover my Poly stay so we're doing BC all the way! We are NEVER going to be hungry on this trip because we booked the regular DDP. I will gain 1,000 pounds between the CL offerings and our meals on the DDP.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that we aren't staying at Poly (don't shoot me BC lovers!). Our whole family was looking forward to it. Oh well....there's always next year. The good news is that our entire trip will be at my favorite resort ever....Beach Club!

And Dee, maybe we'll get to meet up at SAB for a Sunken Treasure since we'll be at BC at the same time!

I honestly think planning and anticipating this trip is more than half the fun of going on vacation. Who's with me? It puts me in a wonderful mood! It's a cool, dreary day here in Chicago but I am bright and happy!!!!!!
I absolutely agree with you!!! After planning many vacations over the years and most recently my WDW trip in May, more than half the fun for me was in the planning and looking forward to it. I think that is why while I was still in WDW, I HAD to start thinking about when I would go back and knowing ds would be there until August kind of "encouraged" me to take that road trip down to get him with the other kids.
And I am now happily looking forward to another vacation (even if it will only be 3 nights at the BC) and planning! LOVE the planning
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
May '14- BC
Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #892
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Hi everyone!!
My family & I are in the process of planning our 1st WDW trip!!
We will not be certain on our dates for a few months, but, it will be in May (I THINK!!). We will be staying a total of 9 nights, doing a split stay between AoA, and just decided yesterday on YC. Most likely, it will be a 4/5 split, respectively.

I read the entire first page, and that just set it in more that the YC is where I would like to stay!!

I do have a question regarding the views. If we were to book Garden View, is the view ONLY of "something green"? Or, may it also have rooftop/parking views? I ask this because we recently stayed at Aulani in a Garden View, and I felt as if I had a Standard View with a hill in the background

Also, does anybody know what the rack rate was for May this year? Just trying to get an idea in my head of figures.

Thanks a bunch!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 05-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #893
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Have both lounges made the switch from Nescafe to Joffrey's coffee???
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
Old 05-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #894
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

I started my Pre-Trip Report
So excited 84 days away from our first Beach Cub Stay!

Pray for no hurricanes!!! The one thing that always stresses me out about going in August!

If anyone is looking to follow along our planning journey
Jersey Shore Does Beach Club! An August PTR!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 05-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #895
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
The number is 407-934-4004. Give them a call and they will explain your options. We have what they call the mini session booked on June 13, which is the 20 minute session. You are given a flash drive after the session with all your pictures, and a release is included on the drive. You can then get them printed anywhere. It rained on us one time at the Poly, and they had plenty of indoor spots, plus the waterfall in front of the lobby, which is covered. I'm sure they will have different spots to choose from at the BC if it rains. We don't ask for a specific photographer, but I do ask them to send someone who is good with young children. That worked well for us last year. We like to do pictures in the morning before we go to the parks or pool. This year we are going to breakfast at Captain's Grill to get my sons' beloved Mickey waffles before pictures. That should make for better pictures for us! Give it a try! As a mom, I believe I can never have too many pictures of my boys!!!
Thanks for the info! I am going to talk it over with my husband tonight and hopefully call after the long weekend. I am torn with what time I should do it, morning and miss a RD or afternoon and pray for no rain. lol Thanks!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #896
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

I am finally getting caught up on life after returning from BC last Saturday evening.

Here are a few notes:

We downgraded to a GV room after waiting til after 3pm for a WV with balcony. There wasn't one available, so we got $750 back and an amazing room...4606. It was huge! Here are some pics. The porch was VERY large as well!

I got on the elevator one day with a maintenance man that had a roll of sailboat wallpaper in his hand. I commented that it was funny to see that he was going to hang that, b/c every time I see it in our room I think about it needing to be taken down. He said he agrees and soon the whole place is going to be "redone." He didn't give details but said he has been hanging that same wallpaper the 12 yrs he has worked there. So that is interesting!

I was really looking forward to the bfast sandwich at BCM b/c I saw a pic of it somewhere on the DIS. Well, we got there and it was very thin and served on thin white bread. I could've sworn it was served on a croissant. Not the end of the world, of course, but a let down. We ate a few flatbreads there but that is it. They were pretty good. IMHO, such a big resort should have more CS options.

We only ate at HH once. The chicken sandwich was pretty good. I thought it was crazy the kids meals are $8 just b/c they come in a bucket.

There were always people checking for room keys at SAB, until 5pm. Chair and life vest hogs were out in full force. No worries...if I didn't see someone on a chair or using a life vest for awhile, I took it off their hands. There really aren't enough little kid vests, so I would bring my own PFD next time for my youngest. We really enjoyed SAB and used it a lot!

We ate at BnC once. I think I had some version of a reuben called Rachel. It was quite good! Also had the No Way Jose. Pretty sure that is as close to heaven as we can get here on earth! We decided they need to offer a philly cheesesteak there.

We had bfast at CMC one day. It was the typical WDW bfast buffet. Nothing special. In and out quick.

I did laundry one day. Hauled it all down to the 1st floor laundry room and there was no change machine. Went to the desk to get some, walked back, and noticed the machines were half broken. Then found a map and discovered the laundry room by the pool. Of course, there was a change machine in that one.

The 2nd to last full day we put the kids in sandcastle club. We were drop ins and they accepted us last minute. We were actually standing there at 4:30 when the opened. My DS3 cried when we left but had a wonderful time. DS5 asked the whole next day to go back. We let them go back again the next night. Both nights we wandered over to Epcot and had dinner. It was great! Expensive but well worth it. Will def be using the clubs in the future!

I didn't see Teena in the lobby the whole 10 days!?

I forgot my camera this trip so it is a good thing we had the photopass+! Loved it! It was so nice not to see my trip from behind the camera for once. I was actually in some photos!

Did the Wishes dessert party for mother's day. My crew hardly ate anything. Good experience and lovely view but I prefer to keep my money and stand in front of the castle. I don't regret trying it.

Our arrival night was at YC due to availability issues at BC. We were greeted by name as we stepped off ME. It was lovely. My DS3 woke up the next am at 6am incoherent and burning up! I don't know what his temp was, but he was hotter than I have ever felt. He was saying things that made no sense. I went down to GS and the manager opened the YC gift shop so I could get some motrin and powerade. They were very accomodating.

Well, those are my thoughts. Enjoy your trips and planning!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
Old 05-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #897
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

oh, I should add that we ate at RnC for dinner one night. We had some sort of app that was a boiled egg with sausage on it, breaded and fried. YUMMO! We want to go for lunch next time so we can try the burger with the egg on top.

We also at at Via Napoli and had pizza. It was very fast! In and out in 30 mins or less.

One night walked to ESPN Club. It was actually one of our better meals. Would def go there again.

Those are the places we ate nearby BC, so thought I would share.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #898
momto2
greet each new day as a magical journey.

unless I missed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2 View Post
I thought I remember reading somewhere about a scavenger hunt at BC. Is this something for little kids? Could a family do it or is it organized by the hotel?
I still haven't seen a response to this one way or another. Help Please.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! Walt Disney
2013-BC
2011-BC
2008-CR
2007-CR and Poly
2006-CR
2005-CR
2003-GF
2000-CR
1995-WL
1993-CBR
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #899
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hey friends! Haven't been around much this week. I have been keeping up with reading posts, but haven't had a chance to respond to everyone or welcome our new arrivals or make additions to the Be Our Guest list.

So here is a generic until I can come through in the morning to catch up.

Also have a couple of pictures from Teena's visit to Vero Beach to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I am finally getting caught up on life after returning from BC last Saturday evening.

Here are a few notes:

I was really looking forward to the bfast sandwich at BCM b/c I saw a pic of it somewhere on the DIS. Well, we got there and it was very thin and served on thin white bread. I could've sworn it was served on a croissant. Not the end of the world, of course, but a let down.
I did laundry one day. Hauled it all down to the 1st floor laundry room and there was no change machine. Went to the desk to get some, walked back, and noticed the machines were half broken. Then found a map and discovered the laundry room by the pool. Of course, there was a change machine in that one.

The 2nd to last full day we put the kids in sandcastle club. We were drop ins and they accepted us last minute. We were actually standing there at 4:30 when the opened. My DS3 cried when we left but had a wonderful time. DS5 asked the whole next day to go back. We let them go back again the next night. Both nights we wandered over to Epcot and had dinner. It was great! Expensive but well worth it. Will def be using the clubs in the future!

I didn't see Teena in the lobby the whole 10 days!?
Thanks so much for the report about your trip.

Sorry about the false advertising on the breakfast sandwich. I do have a picture of the sandwich on one of the Marketplace threads, and the picture is from our 2010 trip. It didn't occur to me to put a note that it is no longer available since the menu change. I'll try to remember to do that.

Anyone have a picture of the breakfast sandwich that is currently available?

Still looking for a picture of the kids French Toast Bread Pudding with Maple Caramel sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
oh, I should add that we ate at RnC for dinner one night. We had some sort of app that was a boiled egg with sausage on it, breaded and fried. YUMMO! We want to go for lunch next time so we can try the burger with the egg on top.
Scotch Egg?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #900
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought it was crazy the kids meals are $8 just b/c they come in a bucket.
Hmmm...I must not have been paying that close attention...I thought all kids meals at WDW were around that price point

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: