Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #781
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

That is fantastic that you got to stay in the room! I'm sure it is making your last day so much better!
I just LOVE Disney!!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #782
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney

If you have the Disney store vouchers can you use those to access the AP site? They have a box for some type of voucher, but I heard that if you buy online there is no site access. :confused2
No, you have to have the passholder number on the back of you card to register on the site. New AP holders are receiving the new RFID cards so I don't think they have access to the passholder site at this time.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 05:04 AM   #783
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just wanted to pop in to say we are back from our trip, and CL and the Beach CLub were amazing!! We loved the beds, the pool, the smell, the location, the pool, the location, the lounge, everything. I looked for you today Teena, they said you had the day off. Boo.

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone! We used them all...from the secret door to IG, to using the "lower" path walking to Epcot. All great, and helped make our trip awesome!
I checked this out on Google Earth last week! Looks good! Actually its pretty cool to check out WDW on Google Earth anyway...just for giggles

Wondering if there are any updated YC CL food offerings and such pictures/menus

Getting excited for August!!!! (hahahaha....probably because I just found out that the last day of school is "officially" June 24th!)

Any tips on "good" spots to hang at SAB (our kiddos are 13,10 &6 btw)

Still waiting for labs btw...

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #784
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 45-48

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAtink View Post
Does anyone know what time stormalong bay is open to this time of year? I see on the first page the official hours are 10am-10pm, but change depending on time of year. My family and I will be there in 16 days (yay!!!) and I remember last time we stayed at YC in 2006 they closed it up a lot earlier than we expected, I believe it was around 8pm. We LOVE night swims so we are hoping it will stay open later this year!

Thanks!
back to the YC and to the thread!

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list for early June?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms531 View Post
Just back today and they were closing at 10PM
Thanks for the info. Hope you had a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Hi all,

We stayed at the BCV last January and I have been meaning to post pictures of our room view since then! We were in room # 555 (studio) and were so pleased with our Epcot view! I had read that the views there are not that great in general, but I really think we lucked out-- especially surprising since we didn't check in until after midnight! Cannot recommend the 5th floor enough since it also helped minimize hearing any noise below and we were close to the elevators. I've never posted pics on here before, so hopefully this works!
Wow!!! Incredible views!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
If you ship FedEx or UPS, your package goes to the Yacht Club/Beach Club convention center. An outside vendor runs the office there, and they charge a handling fee. The fee is based on the weight of your package:
Up to 5 pounds: $3
5-20 pounds: $5
above 20 pounds: $10

My understanding is that if you ship USPS, your package goes first to a general receiving office at Disney World, and then goes to your hotel. I believe it does not go to the convention center. I have been told that there is a delay due to getting it from the general receiving office to your hotel. So if you are shipping that way, you have to leave extra time. How much extra time? No idea.

BCV doesn't have a check-in desk or any kind of cast member desk in its little lobby, so if you are shipping USPS your package would go to BC, not BCV. I assume Bell Services could bring it up to your villa at BCV if it's heavy. (I think you said you were staying at BCV, but I already deleted part of your post.)
Thanks for posting this info. I don't have quite this detail on the page about shipping, so I would like to add what you have posted, especially the info about the weight-based fees.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimemom View Post
I was planning on taking a tiny bag on our epcot day. Once I read that, I added the backpack so we could carry our mugs.
Here is one of my favorite suggestions for a park bag since reforming my previous sherpa tendancies

A drawstring bag! A lot of times I can avoid the bag checks by carrying the folded drawstring bag in my pocket, my camera and refill mug in my hand, and then once into the pack, you can take out the drawstring bag, toss in the empty mugs and tour away with a light pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riding Air View Post
Still cold, and now raining!!

If we get a room at the Epcot end of the hotel, how long a walk is it to SAB and Market Place / Transportation?

Thanks,

Jon
Bumping this! I'm guessing 5 minutes to Marketplace, 6 minutes to Transportation, 7 minutes to SAB but it has been a while since I have done this and I wasn't really paying attention to how long it took me.

Unless it is really hot or rainy, if you are at the EPCOT end of the resort, you might be better off heading out the secret exit and walking outside to SAB.

It would also be more pleasant to walk outside back to your room after a swim instead of through the air conditioned hallways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Good Morning Friends!!

60 days to go......couldn't stand the wait.......so I decided to add a short trip with my entire family in 19 days Can't wait to see my niece and nephew (3 1/2 and 2 years old!!)

won't be staying at BC for this short trip , but we will all be at CSR!
That is fantastic!!! Have a great time!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #785
parkhopmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post

If you have the Disney store vouchers can you use those to access the AP site? They have a box for some type of voucher, but I heard that if you buy online there is no site access. :confused2
I'm pretty sure I accessed the AP site with my Disney Store voucher in 2011. I didn't know I could redeem the APs at a ticket window, though. We did it at Guest Services at Epcot & it took FOREVER! Those couple of people in front of us must have had some ISSUES! Lol!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #786
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 48-53

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post
We are flying in arriving at the Orlando airport at 11:30 a.m. Generally, how long is the ride to BC on the Magical Express??
about an hour and a half from touchdown to resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just wanted to pop in to say we are back from our trip, and CL and the Beach CLub were amazing!! We loved the beds, the pool, the smell, the location, the pool, the location, the lounge, everything. I looked for you today Teena, they said you had the day off. Boo.

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone! We used them all...from the secret door to IG, to using the "lower" path walking to Epcot. All great, and helped make our trip awesome!
So glad to hear you had a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
We're heading for our 3rd stay at BC September 14. Hopefully, our whole family will be going which includes me, DH, DD and another DD with her DH. Those last 2 on the list are both military so who knows what will happen by September. However, if they can't go, we're still going. Once I said we were going to DW and staying at the BC there could be no cancelling.
back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. I hope your whole family can join you!

Thank you to your daughter and her husband for their service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
I have been following this thread but I wanted to check in. I am going to a conference at BC the first week of December, and we added on a few days to make a whole week out of it. We have never stayed at BC before and really looking forward to it!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Let us know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariapicardikenyon View Post
I just LOVE Disney!!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #787
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Yay!!!! Any concentration left? Lol
NONE!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 * Boardwalk Inn 2013, 2006, 1998 * Boardwalk Villas 2014, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Villas 2012, 2011, 2008 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008 * Beach Club Villas 2014, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Wilderness Lodge 2004 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2011, 2004 * Saratoga Springs 2007
Up next, LIVE from the BWV - June 2014
Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #788
TigrLvsPooh
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
I checked this out on Google Earth last week! Looks good! Actually its pretty cool to check out WDW on Google Earth anyway...just for giggles

Wondering if there are any updated YC CL food offerings and such pictures/menus

Getting excited for August!!!! (hahahaha....probably because I just found out that the last day of school is "officially" June 24th!)

Any tips on "good" spots to hang at SAB (our kiddos are 13,10 &6 btw)

Still waiting for labs btw...
Keep an eye on my screen name over on the Live Reports board because I will be at YC CL all next week with updates about the food

Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 * Boardwalk Inn 2013, 2006, 1998 * Boardwalk Villas 2014, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Villas 2012, 2011, 2008 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008 * Beach Club Villas 2014, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Wilderness Lodge 2004 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2011, 2004 * Saratoga Springs 2007
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #789
amytech
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!
I've been lurking on this thread for the past few days, hoping I would be able to join in, staying at the BC this summer and we just made our reservations this week! So excited!

I will be driving down with my 3 kids to Disney to pick up ds who is currently a CP. So road trip for us!

Poor dh will be staying home, working like crazy and holding down the fort. He isn't sad though since he is sure that Disney in August is going to be miserably hot. He and I just got back from the World last week, celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary at POFQ where we had a wonderful time and LOVED the resort. I was having a hard time coming back home until I got the idea to make a road trip out of picking ds up instead of flying him back home solo. Gotta take advantage of those CP perks while we can!

So ds just booked us at the BC August 7th-10th. We are SO excited! We have never stayed at a deluxe before and that pool looks amazing! Kids are getting pumped
We have a pool or lagoon view (standard wasn't available) and really, really want a full balcony (I'm an early riser and my young adult and teen children are NOT) and we need that day bed. The guys are all adult sized young men and dd is almost my size.

We have been to Disney nearly every year for the past 15 years but have never been in the summer. We are homeschoolers so have some flexibility with the time of year to go and are really spoiled. I'm a little concerned how hot it is going to be! We figure we can always live in the pool and come out in the evening
I loved May weather (dh thought it was too hot) and I'm wondering how much worse August will be?

Excited to learn more about BC from you all!
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #790
TigrLvsPooh
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytech View Post
Hi everyone!
I've been lurking on this thread for the past few days, hoping I would be able to join in, staying at the BC this summer and we just made our reservations this week! So excited!

I will be driving down with my 3 kids to Disney to pick up ds who is currently a CP. So road trip for us!

Poor dh will be staying home, working like crazy and holding down the fort. He isn't sad though since he is sure that Disney in August is going to be miserably hot. He and I just got back from the World last week, celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary at POFQ where we had a wonderful time and LOVED the resort. I was having a hard time coming back home until I got the idea to make a road trip out of picking ds up instead of flying him back home solo. Gotta take advantage of those CP perks while we can!

So ds just booked us at the BC August 7th-10th. We are SO excited! We have never stayed at a deluxe before and that pool looks amazing! Kids are getting pumped
We have a pool or lagoon view (standard wasn't available) and really, really want a full balcony (I'm an early riser and my young adult and teen children are NOT) and we need that day bed. The guys are all adult sized young men and dd is almost my size.

We have been to Disney nearly every year for the past 15 years but have never been in the summer. We are homeschoolers so have some flexibility with the time of year to go and are really spoiled. I'm a little concerned how hot it is going to be! We figure we can always live in the pool and come out in the evening
I loved May weather (dh thought it was too hot) and I'm wondering how much worse August will be?

Excited to learn more about BC from you all!
Best advice for summer: hit the parks early morning, get out of them by lunch time, swim in the hot afternoons, then go back to the parks at night. Park hoppers are a must! Also realize that every single person at the BC, YC, and BCV will be at SAB during the afternoons so don't get your heart set on finding a chair. We usually just toss our beach bag down and hop in the pool. Last summer I was verbally attacked by a crazy man accusing me of stealing his chair (there was nothing on it or around it) so I avoid chairs as much as possible. Sometimes you can find one off in the shade around the perimeter of the pool, but all the good sun-tanning areas are hogged up first thing in the morning by people who don't even come to the pool til mid-afternoon. They stake out multiple chairs and lay down all their crap in piles across them. It sucks and stresses me out to even think about it. But luckily the pool is so big you can easily find a ledge to sit on or lean on. Also you can watch for people to leave, sometimes we luck out and find a family who has been at the pool the first half of the day and we'll politely ask them as they are packing up if we can have their chairs. Of course everyone is circling like vultures so that doesn't happen too often. But don't let me freak you out, it is a beautiful resort and you'll have a great trip!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #791
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
No. The AP site is a mess right now. Voucher folks can't log in. Folks who converted their existing passes to RFID passes at EPCOT can't log in. Its just another aspect of the terribly rolled out My Disney Experience website/app.

When I need a quote on AP rates my TA handles it for me.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #792
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
No. The AP site is a mess right now. Voucher folks can't log in. Folks who converted their existing passes to RFID passes at EPCOT can't log in. Its just another aspect of the terribly rolled out My Disney Experience website/app.

When I need a quote on AP rates my TA handles it for me.
Disney's website, ugh.
Another option, if someone prefers to book their own reservation, would be to call CRO to get quotes and book with an AP discount.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #793
TigrLvsPooh
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

I must have lucked out because when I renewed my AP in January they sent me a temporary voucher card and I was able to use the number on the back to log in to the new AP site and price AP discounted rooms. Bummer about the new cards not working!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #794
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I must have lucked out because when I renewed my AP in January they sent me a temporary voucher card and I was able to use the number on the back to log in to the new AP site and price AP discounted rooms. Bummer about the new cards not working!
The AP website states that if you renewed or purchased an AP after March 19, that you can't register a pass or voucher. We renewed about a week after that so we're not able to register - I've tried a couple of times, but no luck.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #795
TigrLvsPooh
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
The AP website states that if you renewed or purchased an AP after March 19, that you can't register a pass or voucher. We renewed about a week after that so we're not able to register - I've tried a couple of times, but no luck.
I hope they get this fixed! What a pain for people!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: