Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #421
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I am looking at weather dot com to try and get a better idea of what to pack. Looks like 30% rain with thunderstorms nearly everyday next week. Does this mean it will rain all day or just come through in the afternoon and only last a short time? I know Hawaii forecast will often show rain, but it doesn't stay around too long. Anyone have a link to local weather reports? I know 30% isn't too bad, if i saw 30% in our local forecast i wouldn't be concerned but when i see the forecast for nearly an entire week i think our chances of rain are pretty good.Maybe a little rain will chase out the pesky flies.
If it rains it'll be a quick thunderstorm and move on. We live just south of Jacksonville, FL and joke we can set our watches by the the 4 o'clock shower.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #422
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Not so off topic...

I have instructions on Page 1, under the "Other Useful Info Post"

How do I...

Make a ticker?

Click on the link for instructions
Thanks Dee! Let's see if it works...
Upcoming trips - April 2014 Yacht Club CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #423
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
to the thread! Glad that you had a wonderful stay previously at the YC

dansdad is right- better to ask for what you want instead of specific room numbers. Please note that "Water View" is not a request, but is a booking category. Now if you want a lagoon view instead of pool view, that would be part of your request.

So your room request (called in to Disney CRO), would be something like "We would prefer a room close to elevator/lobby as my husband has degenerative back disease" "If possible, view of lagoon"/"If possible, view of pool"- whichever is your preference.
Thanks so much!! We are very excited!! We have been looking forward to getting back to the Yacht club. The last two times we stayed at AKL and as beautiful as it is... we just longed to be back at the Yacht club!!!
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #424
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Chances are it won't rain at all with a 30% chance since FL thunderstorms are so spotty. It can be pouring at AK and sunny at MK. I would be prepared for the occasional afternoon pop up. If you have a smartphone, just take a peek at the radar once the skies look questionable to see just where and how big the impending weather is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
If it rains it'll be a quick thunderstorm and move on. We live just south of Jacksonville, FL and joke we can set our watches by the the 4 o'clock shower.
Thanks a bunch both of you. It sounds a lot like Hawaii weather (minus the thunder...usually) I can deal with that!

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #425
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
The lobster roll from HH must be a "hit or miss" thing. We've had it a couple of times and thought it was good. Not like ones here in New England, but still quite tasty.
Now I'm wondering if the "Good" lobster rolls are over at the Boardwalk bakery!

In our town we have what we call the "Chinese restaurant phenomena". We are convinced that there is only one really good Chinese restaurant chef, and that he/she goes from one new Chinese restaurant to the next. As soon as a new Chinese restaurant opens the older place starts messing everything up and the food is not so good. The only good Chinese food in town is always the new place, so we've come up with this theory that the new chef is stolen away from the old place and that's why this happens!

Perhaps we can send the flies over to do some investigating for us and find out just what exactly is going on with these lobster/seafood rolls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I am looking at weather dot com to try and get a better idea of what to pack. Looks like 30% rain with thunderstorms nearly everyday next week. Does this mean it will rain all day or just come through in the afternoon and only last a short time? I know Hawaii forecast will often show rain, but it doesn't stay around too long. Anyone have a link to local weather reports? I know 30% isn't too bad, if i saw 30% in our local forecast i wouldn't be concerned but when i see the forecast for nearly an entire week i think our chances of rain are pretty good.Maybe a little rain will chase out the pesky flies.

Jan
If it were me, I would just go naked, that way you will dry off quicker. I know my boys like that light weight performance dry tech or whatever it is called, polyester. Their coaches make them practice in all kinds of weather and they say they dry off pretty quickly when wearing that stuff. It even comes in shorts.

~NM
Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #426
starousse
DIS Veteran

We leave for the BC next Thursday, can't wait!

Silly question, we're probably gonna be arriving at the BC around 11:30am, would you have a lunch at Beaches & Cream or walk over to Epcot and go to the Chefs de France?

Would you save B&C for your pool day at the hotel?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #427
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

If it were me, I would just go naked, that way you will dry off quicker.

~NM
Well, that would be one way to clear the crowds at the parks. 2 naked 50/60 "somethings" .......Not pretty! Haha!

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #428
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
We leave for the BC next Thursday, can't wait!

Silly question, we're probably gonna be arriving at the BC around 11:30am, would you have a lunch at Beaches & Cream or walk over to Epcot and go to the Chefs de France?

Would you save B&C for your pool day at the hotel?

Thanks
We've done it both ways and you can't go wrong with either. In both instances, while we were eating, we got the text saying our room was now available. After finishing, we went back to change and straight to the pool
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #429
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
We've done it both ways and you can't go wrong with either. In both instances, while we were eating, we got the text saying our room was now available. After finishing, we went back to change and straight to the pool
Thanks That's what we were planning. Checkin in, having lunch and then spending the day at the pool. Since we'd be in regular clothes, I thought it may be easier trying Chefs and saving B&C for our other all day at the pool day, since we're already there.

Do you know if B&C allows you to eat there if you're wearing bathing suit coverups?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #430
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Thanks That's what we were planning. Checkin in, having lunch and then spending the day at the pool. Since we'd be in regular clothes, I thought it may be easier trying Chefs and saving B&C for our other all day at the pool day, since we're already there.

Do you know if B&C allows you to eat there if you're wearing bathing suit coverups?
I think so. I know we were in the pool last June when the rain came and several people went to eat there to wait it out. I didn't see anyone turned away in proper coverups but we didn't stay to be sure.

OT, but Chefs is one of our FAVORITE lunches at EPCOT (only second to Rose N Crown) so you made a yummi first day choice!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #431
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Jim just had the lobster roll from HH. He was not impressed at all! BW Bakery was much better. Oh and he had 2 baby duck nibbling at his toes as we ate.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #432
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sure. We saw this a few weeks ago when we were there. You can also order for take out and enjoy at a table outside.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #433
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Jim just had the lobster roll from HH. He was not impressed at all! BW Bakery was much better. Oh and he had 2 baby duck nibbling at his toes as we ate.
Oh!!! I bet the baby ducks were so cute

Kind of wonder why the Lobster rolls from HH and BW bakery have to be so different??!! You'd think they could make the same kind.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 11/14 - Split Stay???
Me DH DD22 DD16 Maud Marie

Old 05-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #434
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See!!!!! I told you guys!!! It's the Chinese Restaurant Chef Phenomena" only this time with the lobster rolls!

Now we have to plan an intervention to get the Lobsters BACK to Hurricane Hannah's! Perhaps a midnight march of the lobsters is in order?? We can put little fake mustaches on them so they won't be recognized on the boat.

~NM
Old 05-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #435
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Dee. I am going to do that. We are in room 5199 and it really is a great room. Just came back from a walk around the Boardwalk. Got the lobster roll at the bakery. Now, being born and raised in MA, just moved south in October, it was decent. Not a bunch of mayo and huge chunks of meat. My husband loved it. Just hanging out tomorrow, dinner at Yachtsman, will keep posting. If any one has questions ask and I will try to answer.

Saw some flys near Hurricane Hannah's, but not many.
Oh MAN!! I so hope that we get that room in a few days! What day are you leaving? I'd be happy to have THAT view.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: