Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #406
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 27. Please take a moment to look at your info to make sure I have it listed correctly. Thanks!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

May I be added? We have three trips in the works.
June 19-23 BC (DH, Me, DD 17 mths)
July 4th YC LV/PV (Dh, Me, DD's 1/2 birthday celebration)
January 8th-12 YC (Dh, Me, DD, my parents, WDW Marathon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
DD has a severe peanut allergy, and she saw other kids eating ice cream with Oreos for the Mickey ears. I knew they would open a new container of ice cream to avoid cross-contamination, but was also pleasantly surprised that they also had separate packages of Oreos in the back that were not near the peanuts. It might seem like a small thing, but it was just so nice that she could enjoy something that most people take for granted.
My sister has food allergies as well and was shocked at the amazing service she received at WDW. It's so nice to have the chef come out and chat with you about your concerns at TS. She felt comfortable the entire trip and easily find items to enjoy. It's hard with food allergies b/c there's a constant awareness that makes it challenging to relax. I get it! So glad your LO was able to enjoy his dessert!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #407
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Regarding taxis and carseats, I am a New Yorker and have also taken taxis in Orlando several times due to staying at dolphin with no DME many times. I have literally never been in a taxi that required carseats, but on flip side, I have never been in a taxi in which you could not use the backseat shoulder strap or lap strap to secure a carseat. Even in the minvan taxis with captains chairs, you can do it in the far backseat that is a regular bench. Many taxidrivers are foreign, so maybe they misunderstand when u asked about carseats- they may have assumed you asked if mandatory. Or maybe they thought u were asking if they had one for you-I only see that in prereserved car/limo services, when I specifically request one.

And no flies at whole dinner
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #408
julieanddanny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 27. Please take a moment to look at your info to make sure I have it listed correctly. Thanks!

Thank you - you may add us!
YC Aug 22-25 before moving for 3 more days at GF
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #409
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
page 21-26

You are welcome, and

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

I believe (and hope) the Beach Club prints are still for sale at the Marketplace. Planning some room in my suitcase for one or more in July.

You should try calling the Disney Merchandise number and see where that gets you. Maybe they can get you specifically to the marketplace.
Thanks for the info, I will try calling them today. I emailed the artist but I think he is actually at Art of Disney this week so he's probably way too busy to respond to his emails.

You can add our dates to the guest list if you want, we'll be there 8/26-9/2
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #410
natebenma
DIS Veteran

KerryCM provided me with some additional pictures of the view from her YC CL SV room:

Old 05-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #411
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

I am looking at weather dot com to try and get a better idea of what to pack. Looks like 30% rain with thunderstorms nearly everyday next week. Does this mean it will rain all day or just come through in the afternoon and only last a short time? I know Hawaii forecast will often show rain, but it doesn't stay around too long. Anyone have a link to local weather reports? I know 30% isn't too bad, if i saw 30% in our local forecast i wouldn't be concerned but when i see the forecast for nearly an entire week i think our chances of rain are pretty good.Maybe a little rain will chase out the pesky flies.

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #412
donnajherren
Mouseketeer

Quote:
[SIZE="3"]I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 27. Please take a moment to look at your info to make sure I have it listed correctly. Thanks!
We'll be at the Beach Club from June 2nd to 7th! Can't wait! :D

June 1997 - AllStar Sports | February 2011 - Beach Club | June 2013 - Beach Club | June 2014 - Beach Club

Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #413
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Good morning wonderful WDW friends! I have a off topic question that I am sure is in another thread and please direct me to it....

How do I get all those cute signatures and countdowns added to my profile/signature?

Can you tell I am not a computer person.

Thanks so much!!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #414
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I am looking at weather dot com to try and get a better idea of what to pack. Looks like 30% rain with thunderstorms nearly everyday next week. Does this mean it will rain all day or just come through in the afternoon and only last a short time? I know Hawaii forecast will often show rain, but it doesn't stay around too long. Anyone have a link to local weather reports? I know 30% isn't too bad, if i saw 30% in our local forecast i wouldn't be concerned but when i see the forecast for nearly an entire week i think our chances of rain are pretty good.Maybe a little rain will chase out the pesky flies.

Jan
Chances are it won't rain at all with a 30% chance since FL thunderstorms are so spotty. It can be pouring at AK and sunny at MK. I would be prepared for the occasional afternoon pop up. If you have a smartphone, just take a peek at the radar once the skies look questionable to see just where and how big the impending weather is.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #415
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

Question

Hi everyone!
My husband and I stayed at the YC a few years back and loved it. So when we go in November, now with our daughter, we are going to stay there again.

I have a question.... My husband has degenerative back disease so we are looking to request a room close to the elevators, close to the lobby and with a water view. We know that these are only requests, but does anyone have any good suggestions on what rooms would fit these requests?
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #416
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Loved your reports and beautiful pictures!!! The castle photos are amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the trip with us.

Is it ok if I link your posts on Page 1? I have a section for YC/BC trip reports. Thanks!
Of course you may!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #417
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
Hi everyone!
My husband and I stayed at the YC a few years back and loved it. So when we go in November, now with our daughter, we are going to stay there again.

I have a question.... My husband has degenerative back disease so we are looking to request a room close to the elevators, close to the lobby and with a water view. We know that these are only requests, but does anyone have any good suggestions on what rooms would fit these requests?
It's actually preferred for you to word your room requests just like they are above only listed in order of importance to you. It's better to word them so the room assigner knows exactly what you are looking for. If you request a certain room and that room is unavailable, they will have no idea why you requested that room.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #418
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Good morning wonderful WDW friends! I have a off topic question that I am sure is in another thread and please direct me to it....

How do I get all those cute signatures and countdowns added to my profile/signature?

Can you tell I am not a computer person.

Thanks so much!!
Not so off topic...

I have instructions on Page 1, under the "Other Useful Info Post"

How do I...

Make a ticker?

Click on the link for instructions
Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #419
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
It's actually preferred for you to word your room requests just like they are above only listed in order of importance to you. It's better to word them so the room assigner knows exactly what you are looking for. If you request a certain room and that room is unavailable, they will have no idea why you requested that room.
to the thread! Glad that you had a wonderful stay previously at the YC

dansdad is right- better to ask for what you want instead of specific room numbers. Please note that "Water View" is not a request, but is a booking category. Now if you want a lagoon view instead of pool view, that would be part of your request.

So your room request (called in to Disney CRO), would be something like "We would prefer a room close to elevator/lobby as my husband has degenerative back disease" "If possible, view of lagoon"/"If possible, view of pool"- whichever is your preference.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #420
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks Dee!! OMG I can't believe it. Just trying to wade through dining reservations (for EIGHT PEOPLE AGAIN. LOL) I want Coral Reef one night is the only problem - DD was saying that she really wanted to eat there last time. She hates seafood, so who knew??? LOL

Loads of people going to be there during our time!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: