Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #376
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
So far, our epcot stroll and through appetizers at marrakesh and literally not a bug in restaurant-hope others have simlar luck
Thanks so much for being our fly-guy!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #377
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Just another perspective on the flies, we have been here since Thursday and the only time I noticed was at HS and they were horrible. That was this past Sunday.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #378
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
What I am looking forward to though is dinner at Jiko and the gospel brunch at House of Blues on Sunday morning before my brother and his family come down. I do hope it will be fun!
LOVE Jiko! Be sure to ask for the Filet with Mac and Cheese... this is not on the menu any longer BUT they will make it if you ask and it is AWESOME!! Did the House of Blues Gospel Brunch a few years ago was pretty good!

Enjoy
~Nannette
Old 05-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #379
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
I'm back with the 4th (and final) installment of our mini trip report: Highlights from Around the World!
Loved your reports and beautiful pictures!!! The castle photos are amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the trip with us.

Is it ok if I link your posts on Page 1? I have a section for YC/BC trip reports. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #380
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Thanks - sounds like a cab to AKL is the way to go!

The only potential issue is that we'll be traveling with our DD-26 months, and won't be bringing a car seat.....?
I was also wondering about the cab and carseat. Do the cabs require a carseat? I know you are not able to bring one on the disney buses.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 05-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #381
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Just back from a last minute quick girls' weekend stay at the YC to celebrate my DD's birthday, my sister's 30th birthday and Mother's Day with our mom. It was our first stay at the YC and it was AMAZING! The staff was incredible. We were assigned to room 4093, which I believe was a upgrade. On night 2, we returned to our room to find balloons, a card signed by Cinderella and a beautiful chocolate basket for my DD. What magic!
So glad to hear this. We are looking forward to trying "the dark side" in August!!

Quote:
Our summer trip is finally set up. After much hand wringing and second guessing, my family and my brother and his family will be down the week of July 21st! The only thing my wife and I were debating was when we would be coming down. We finally decided on coming down Saturday morning (the 20th), with our first night at Animal Kingdom Lodge! From there, it's off for three nights at VWL, saving the best for last with three nights at BCV! I'm not really thrilled with changing hotels three times, but I'm still crossing my fingers tat one of our waitlists comes through and we get the whole week at BCV (hey, a guy can dream right?!). What I am looking forward to though is dinner at Jiko and the gospel brunch at House of Blues on Sunday morning before my brother and his family come down. I do hope it will be fun!
We loved Jiko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Thanks Dee. I am going to do that. We are in room 5199 and it really is a great room. Just came back from a walk around the Boardwalk. Got the lobster roll at the bakery. Now, being born and raised in MA, just moved south in October, it was decent. Not a bunch of mayo and huge chunks of meat. My husband loved it. Just hanging out tomorrow, dinner at Yachtsman, will keep posting. If any one has questions ask and I will try to answer.

Saw some flys near Hurricane Hannah's, but not many.
Have you tried the rolls at Hurricane Hanna's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Heaven help us if ~NM heads off in the wrong direction.....

Each post is a new adventure!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #382
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
If you are able to email (or text) the picture to me, I can post it. You can email me at beachclubdee @ yahoo.com

And yes, I seriously did have an email on that account this morning from Susan Hacker (note that name) from NIGERIA telling me I was entitled to $4,000,000 in USD.
Your rich
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #383
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Dee, I'll take a ton of our room, 5636, which is GVCL (BC) to post to the other thread when I get back. It's a great room, overlooking a courtyard with volleyball net. It's right down the hall from the lounge and elevators but still very quiet. "Kiddie-corner" from the Newport Suite. It's facing Epcot (away from SAB), so we can see the Illuminations high fireworks. Dormer balcony, two chairs and a small table. Awesome at night. Daybed/sofa.
It sounds like the room we had, in volleyball courtyard, but we were kiddie-corner from the Nantucket Suite.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #384
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen

I'm not positive, but I think if your flight arrives after 10:00 you have to pick up your own luggage. Does anyone else know if that is correct?

Ryan
Oh, right! I've read that before... Bummer. One of my favourite things about ME is getting straight on, but we'll adapt!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 05-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #385
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Dee, I'll take a ton of our room, 5636, which is GVCL (BC) to post to the other thread when I get back. It's a great room, overlooking a courtyard with volleyball net. It's right down the hall from the lounge and elevators but still very quiet. "Kiddie-corner" from the Newport Suite. It's facing Epcot (away from SAB), so we can see the Illuminations high fireworks. Dormer balcony, two chairs and a small table. Awesome at night. Daybed/sofa.
We had this room in May 2011. I loved it. At the time it was the only CLGV that had a daybed and we were a family of 5 and did not want a rollaway- so we were very happy that we landed this room. Unfortunately, this go around we could not reserve GVCL for a family of 5 (Disney removed this option for families of 5), so we were disappointed with this. Dee has some of the view pictures on the first page of the thread and I recently posted photos of the room and view in the "beach club room views thread".

Enjoy the room - we did and hoping for another positive room experience when we return in a few weeks!

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #386
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 21-26

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I just want to thank you to the OP and whoever else keeps this thread updated with information.
We are staying BC SV CL at the end of August. I was originally booked for GF through an amazing deal through a TA, but when I asked about switching to another resort (YC because that was where he originally quoted me this great deal) he told me had a cancellation for BC so I jumped on it. My hands were literally shaking as I emailed him back to say yes
Not that the GF wouldn't have been amazing, but BC is so us! I'm not excited about the sv, but if looking at a parking lot or rooftop means I get to stay at BC I'll take it.
My kids and dh don't know I have made the switch and I want to find a way to let them know by leaving clues and see if they get it before our trip or not until we arrive. They still think we are booked at GF and while they were super excited about WDW, they weren't overly excited about that resort.
I really want to purchase David Doss' Beach Club print before we go and hang it in the family room and see if they notice. If I cant find it (which I am finding it hard too) can anyone who has been there recently tell me if they have seen it in the shop at BC? Is it possible to call them directly to order something or can I call Disney merchandising even if our trip hasn't happened yet? Sorry for all the questions, but I figured some of the WDW veterans would know
You are welcome, and

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

I believe (and hope) the Beach Club prints are still for sale at the Marketplace. Planning some room in my suitcase for one or more in July.

You should try calling the Disney Merchandise number and see where that gets you. Maybe they can get you specifically to the Marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
I just upgraded from YC Standard View to YC GV CL! This will be a surprise to DH for our trip in October. I also added an extra day
We've stayed at YC twice before, but only SV. What specific room requests could I make? We wouldn't be concerned with having a room far from the elevator, just want the best view/room for my "splurge"
Thanks for all of the great ideas and chatter! Helps the 158 days move a little faster!!
Sounds great!!!

I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list, so i will add you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
I am so bummed, I have to cancel our July trip! I hope you all have amazing vacations and maybe in the future I can be back on this board planning!

I am so sorry to hear that, Leah! I do hope we see you back here, sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstartCrow View Post
I didn't even think of Hurricane Hanna's. For some reason, I thought they mostly did burgers. Just checked out the menu on allears, and that grilled cheese with bacon sounds pretty good... So much for a "light" lunch.

Cool! Thank you. We'll be there from the 29th to the 4th. If anyone sees a young couple-- girl with long, blonde hair probably piled on the back of her head, dragging around a guy with a goatee and probably a black t-shirt, feel free to say hi.

GREAT advice, re: lunch at Epcot, then monorail to MK! I love it. Hadn't even thought of that, but that would enable me to finally try out the Tangierine Cafe (slightly out of the way, but not by too much), so that's certainly on the table. I think it'll wind up depending largely on time and what I feel like eating, but I like having options.

Thanks for the suggestions! Sorry if I missed anything. This thread moves quickly, doesn't it?
I'll add your dates to the list.

I am so happy you are considering Tangierine Cafe- one of my faves! I almost suggested it to you, but it is in the opposite direction from the monorail. Give it a shot, but be warned, portions can be HUGE, so you may not get the "light" lunch you are looking for.

Yes, very fast moving thread, today was unusually busy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
BOOKED MY FLIGHT. At least the flight down... LOL

SO, Dee, you can add me to the list: YC CL GV from August 17th to August 24th. We arrive on August 16th but I am going to book one night at Pop or some other Value since we arrive at 11:30 p.m. and we won't get our luggage for a few hours anyway. I will have to really plan packing. Should be interesting trying to organize that for Amelia since she will be with my sister! I won't be able to pack for her!!! I'll have to get my sister to do her laundry while she's out there. LOL
AWESOME!!!

I'll get right on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI View Post
On our trip in April, we upgraded our tx to annual passes. Unfortunately, the Disney website doesn't recognize the upgraded AP passes yet (with the RDIF) and I get no information from Disney. I just found out AP got a summer discount higher then the VISA one that came out, so I upgraded us to CL for our Yacht Club July trip!

Also, I was able to get a ressies for the Wishes Dessert Party. DD recently discovered a love of choc. covered strawberries on our trip in April, so I thought this would be a great venue to get them. So, we have two new things for us to do this vacation. I'm keeping both on the DL to help us have a magical trip.

Nice changes/additions. I'll update your listing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerish View Post
Natebenma, I am sorry to tell you this, but Susan Hacker already promised me that money. As soon as it comes, I am going to book a full year at the YC CL Lagoon View with the deluxe dining plan. And if I need clean undies or clean clothes, Amazon prime will be my friend. After all, found money should be spent as rapidly as possible.

Until then, my GV BC room for a week in June will have to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
You're first after me! LOL . Susan has been promising those funds to me for many years! LOL ... Of course I'd share the wealth

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
3 way split?

Quote:
Thank you so much! Sounds like a great room!

Old 05-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #387
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Just back from a last minute quick girls' weekend stay at the YC to celebrate my DD's birthday, my sister's 30th birthday and Mother's Day with our mom. It was our first stay at the YC and it was AMAZING! The staff was incredible. We were assigned to room 4093, which I believe was a upgrade. On night 2, we returned to our room to find balloons, a card signed by Cinderella and a beautiful chocolate basket for my DD. What magic!
Thank you for telling us about your trip. I'm so glad you had a great time.

Quote:
Our summer trip is finally set up. After much hand wringing and second guessing, my family and my brother and his family will be down the week of July 21st! The only thing my wife and I were debating was when we would be coming down. We finally decided on coming down Saturday morning (the 20th), with our first night at Animal Kingdom Lodge! From there, it's off for three nights at VWL, saving the best for last with three nights at BCV! I'm not really thrilled with changing hotels three times, but I'm still crossing my fingers tat one of our waitlists comes through and we get the whole week at BCV (hey, a guy can dream right?!). What I am looking forward to though is dinner at Jiko and the gospel brunch at House of Blues on Sunday morning before my brother and his family come down. I do hope it will be fun!
and

You check in (to AKL) the day we are leaving the World!

I have you on the Be Our Guest list for those dates at BCV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Thanks Dee. I am going to do that. We are in room 5199 and it really is a great room. Just came back from a walk around the Boardwalk. Got the lobster roll at the bakery. Now, being born and raised in MA, just moved south in October, it was decent. Not a bunch of mayo and huge chunks of meat. My husband loved it. Just hanging out tomorrow, dinner at Yachtsman, will keep posting. If any one has questions ask and I will try to answer.

Saw some flys near Hurricane Hannah's, but not many.
Sounds like a terrific start to your trip. Thanks for sharing the link to your photo.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #388
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Oh, right! I've read that before... Bummer. One of my favourite things about ME is getting straight on, but we'll adapt!
It's actually a good policy, I think. In 2006, we arrived on a late flight and they woke us at 3:00 A.M. to deliver the luggage!! It's one of my favorite things too though, so whenever I can I book the earliest flight possible. No worries though. You'll still be in Disney!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #389
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Did I make a mistake by not doing online check-in?

I was reading such conflicting info about online check-in and for the most part it sounded like there is no benefit other than saving time so we didn't do it. I think Teena also suggested for room requests not to do it as well?

Now people on another forum have me freaking out because they all seem to swear by online check in to get your requests fulfilled and someone even said online check in guests have their requests filled first so those who don't use it may be out of luck.

My one and only request was for a full balcony. And I know I could have gone to another resort and had one guaranteed but none of them appealed to me as much as BC so I took a chance.

We check in Friday so I assume its too late for online check in to make a difference. Crossing my fingers that I may still have my request filled without having done it.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #390
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

I don't know that online checkin makes a difference. I will explain in my TR but my entire package was cancelled and rebooked AFTER I checked in (from the time it took us to checkin and walk to Epcot there was a snafu, see my earlier post!!).

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: