Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #361
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Also, found the "secret" entrance to the IG for Epcot past the quiet pool. Wow what a time saver. DD keeps wanting to take to boats over and there's NO WAY it's closer to where we are! I wish I could draw a map. My "sign" I'm in the ready direction inside? The fish lamps, when I see them and then the Solarium, I know I'm heading in the right direction!!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #362
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini

Thanks for the update. It is so funny how different people report the fly situation so differently. I wonder if there is something that attracts them to certain people like bright clothing, hair color, etc? Hoping they move out of the area by Friday. Would also love to hear about Marakesh. It one of our ADR's next week.

Jan
So far, our epcot stroll and through appetizers at marrakesh and literally not a bug in restaurant-hope others have simlar luck
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #363
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Also, found the "secret" entrance to the IG for Epcot past the quiet pool. Wow what a time saver. DD keeps wanting to take to boats over and there's NO WAY it's closer to where we are! I wish I could draw a map. My "sign" I'm in the (right) direction inside? The fish lamps, when I see them and then the Solarium, I know I'm heading in the right direction!!!!
Aren't those Fish Lamps FABULOUS! They saved me from wandering off in the wrong direction many times during our December trip!!

~NM
Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #364
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Thanks Couchy!!!!

JKSWonder: we could have t-shirts made for over planner crazy Disney People....bet there would be a few takers on this thread alone
I'm sure!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #365
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Just back from a last minute quick girls' weekend stay at the YC to celebrate my DD's birthday, my sister's 30th birthday and Mother's Day with our mom. It was our first stay at the YC and it was AMAZING! The staff was incredible. We were assigned to room 4093, which I believe was a upgrade. On night 2, we returned to our room to find balloons, a card signed by Cinderella and a beautiful chocolate basket for my DD. What magic!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #366
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

OK It's Official!

Our summer trip is finally set up. After much hand wringing and second guessing, my family and my brother and his family will be down the week of July 21st! The only thing my wife and I were debating was when we would be coming down. We finally decided on coming down Saturday morning (the 20th), with our first night at Animal Kingdom Lodge! From there, it's off for three nights at VWL, saving the best for last with three nights at BCV! I'm not really thrilled with changing hotels three times, but I'm still crossing my fingers tat one of our waitlists comes through and we get the whole week at BCV (hey, a guy can dream right?!). What I am looking forward to though is dinner at Jiko and the gospel brunch at House of Blues on Sunday morning before my brother and his family come down. I do hope it will be fun!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #367
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Going to try to post my pictures.
http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Ke...tml?sort=3&IMG . Hope this link works
Old 05-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #368
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
If you are able to email (or text) the picture to me, I can post it. You can email me at beachclubdee @ yahoo.com

And yes, I seriously did have an email on that account this morning from Susan Hacker (note that name) from NIGERIA telling me I was entitled to $4,000,000 in USD.
Thanks Dee. I am going to do that. We are in room 5199 and it really is a great room. Just came back from a walk around the Boardwalk. Got the lobster roll at the bakery. Now, being born and raised in MA, just moved south in October, it was decent. Not a bunch of mayo and huge chunks of meat. My husband loved it. Just hanging out tomorrow, dinner at Yachtsman, will keep posting. If any one has questions ask and I will try to answer.

Saw some flys near Hurricane Hannah's, but not many.

Last edited by KerryCM; 05-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #369
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Thanks - sounds like a cab to AKL is the way to go!

The only potential issue is that we'll be traveling with our DD-26 months, and won't be bringing a car seat.....?

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 05-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #370
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Thanks Dee. I am going to do that. We are in room 5199 and it really is a great room. Just came back from a walk around the Boardwalk. Got the lobster roll at the bakery. Now, being born and raised in MA, just moved south in October, it was decent. Not a bunch of mayo and huge chunks of meat. My husband loved it. Just hanging out tomorrow, dinner at Yachtsman, will keep posting. If any one has questions ask and I will try to answer.

Saw some flys near Hurricane Hannah's, but not many.
We have had that room and the room next door. Great location and pretty great view for SV. You will have a view of Illuminations at night.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #371
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
BOOKED MY FLIGHT. At least the flight down... LOL

SO, Dee, you can add me to the list: YC CL GV from August 17th to August 24th. We arrive on August 16th but I am going to book one night at Pop or some other Value since we arrive at 11:30 p.m. and we won't get our luggage for a few hours anyway. I will have to really plan packing. Should be interesting trying to organize that for Amelia since she will be with my sister! I won't be able to pack for her!!! I'll have to get my sister to do her laundry while she's out there. LOL
I'm not positive, but I think if your flight arrives after 10:00 you have to pick up your own luggage. Does anyone else know if that is correct?

Ryan
Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #372
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC
Thanks - sounds like a cab to AKL is the way to go!

The only potential issue is that we'll be traveling with our DD-26 months, and won't be bringing a car seat.....?
You'll face the same challenge with ME or Disney buses. I flipped a lid when I found out cabs in NYC wouldn't let us use a carseat during a visit with family.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #373
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Also, found the "secret" entrance to the IG for Epcot past the quiet pool. Wow what a time saver. DD keeps wanting to take to boats over and there's NO WAY it's closer to where we are! I wish I could draw a map. My "sign" I'm in the ready direction inside? The fish lamps, when I see them and then the Solarium, I know I'm heading in the right direction!!!!
We will see you there tomorrow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
So far, our epcot stroll and through appetizers at marrakesh and literally not a bug in restaurant-hope others have simlar luck
I really appreciate you taking the time to check in with your info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Aren't those Fish Lamps FABULOUS! They saved me from wandering off in the wrong direction many times during our December trip!!
Okay, fish lamps....I am commiting that to memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Going to try to post my pictures.
http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Ke...tml?sort=3&IMG . Hope this link works
What a nice view for SV! I hope we are so lucky!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #374
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Aren't those Fish Lamps FABULOUS! They saved me from wandering off in the wrong direction many times ........
~NM
Heaven help us if ~NM heads off in the wrong direction.....

Each post is a new adventure!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #375
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Heaven help us if ~NM heads off in the wrong direction.....

Each post is a new adventure!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: