Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #3646
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
According to Touring Plans Lines app, if you are checking into Yacht Club now, they are issuing Magic Bands. Confirmation, anyone?
We are checking into BC tomorrow early. I can let you know about BC then if we don't hear by that point.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #3647
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
According to Touring Plans Lines app, if you are checking into Yacht Club now, they are issuing Magic Bands. Confirmation, anyone?

That's interesting!!! I haven't heard anything, but hopefully some of our friends who are either at the YC now, or checking in soon will let us know.

If your upcoming trip to the Y&BC resort, let me know if you would like to ba added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #3648
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Have been reading this thread and it is making me look forward to our vacation so much. We will be at BCV 7/22-7/27. Our party consists of me, DH and DS (19). My sister will also be vacationing with us, but in her own room at BC. This is our first trip to a villa resort---DS is just too old and tall to stay in a standard hotel room with his parents---and our first stay in the Epcot area. We are usually GF fiends, but are really excited to try something new. SAB looks incredible!
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #3649
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

That's interesting!!! I haven't heard anything, but hopefully some of our friends who are either at the YC now, or checking in soon will let us know.

If your upcoming trip to the Y&BC resort, let me know if you would like to ba added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1
Thank you very much, but not in the near future. That is planned for a few years down the road. Just wanted to share the info with you folks!

Have a great trip everyone and see you in the parks!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #3650
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Will be checking into YC on the 15th...will post here immediately if we get Magic Bands!

Trip #33...December 2014 at POFQ...Holiday decorations trip!

Trip #34...February 2015...our 6th Princess Half Marathon...doing the Glass Slipper challenge!

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #3651
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We received our luggage tags and magical express tickets!

I miss the really Mickey mail but I guess it's ok since we have a great deal.. I can get over it

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #3652
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checked into bc today and no magic bands. A few families I saw at SAB have them but don't know how, I wish!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #3653
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
have to ask, what's a Bobble?
It's a water bottle that filters as you drink it. They're BPA and phthalate free, as well as lightweight and pretty inexpensive ($7-$10 for the small one). Since the filters come in different colors, each of my family members got their own color to avoid the "That's MINE!" bickering. Here's a link to the product page on Target's website:
http://www.target.com/p/bobble-water...z/-/A-13272898

When we get cups of iced water from quick-service placed in the parks, we put the water into the Bobble to eliminate the icky Florida water taste. Each filter is good for about 300 refills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
We have a 9:30 PM flight home so I was thinking about swimming before we left too, but I wasn't sure how the TSA felt about a big baggie of wet bathing suits (since we'll have already checked our luggage for the ME).... We didn't fly out after our stay last time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Pack or make room in an extra carryon duffle bag. I am a HUGE fan of Ziploc and Hefty Big Bags- bring some of those along. You can close-up the wet clothes in the plastic sealable bags and then put that into the carryon. TSA may not love it, but it will be worth it to be able to swim before flying out.
^^^^^^This is exactly what we do. On checkout day, we swim all day, and an hour before DME is scheduled to pick us up, we change into dry clothes. All the wet swimsuits get tossed into one giant Ziploc and jammed into someone's carry-on. I've never had anyone at TSA give us a hard time about the soggy bag of stuff. Just remember to take all the stuff out of the bag as soon as you get home, or you'll regret it!

Me DH DS15 DD13
Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #3654
Couchy
DIS Veteran

I got bumped so I am back... Well bad to stay at YC for a couple of nights no room at BC . Anywhoo when I was asked if I was William g to be bumped I said heck yeah . Don't fly out until Wednesday night. Yeah

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #3655
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
I got bumped so I am back... Well bad to stay at YC for a couple of nights no room at BC . Anywhoo when I was asked if I was William g to be bumped I said heck yeah . Don't fly out until Wednesday night. Yeah
Woo hoo!!! I'm on my iPad otherwise I would do the happy dance for you! Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 07-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #3656
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Awesome! Look for me I arrive Wednesday probably around 11! I'll look for you at SAB!! Keep and eye out for me I'll be wearing a white tank with black outline of Mickey on it!! (wait that's probably a lot of people!!) I'm gonna look for you where your pics have come from daily!!!

Yay for being bumped!! Lol!

~N
Old 07-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #3657
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschurch
I will be heading to yc July 12-16. Short last minute trip, first time at yc.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Last edited by natebenma; 07-09-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #3658
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Working on the new thread this morning. Continue posting here.

I'll give the "all clear" when it is ready for prime time and ok to post to it.

Dee
Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #3659
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Ridiculously happy at the idea of Magic Bands at the YC. Would be lovely to not be "keeper of the cards"!

Hubdave, hope all is well.

Is my countdown really 30+ days???? Without being able to talk about it, it doesn't seem real. And I'm worried about the walking since I damaged my knees. One week, Advil will be my friend... A month more physio should help too. Oh well, I'll be at Disney, right?

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 07-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #3660
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Ridiculously happy at the idea of Magic Bands at the YC. Would be lovely to not be "keeper of the cards"!

Hubdave, hope all is well.

Is my countdown really 30+ days???? Without being able to talk about it, it doesn't seem real. And I'm worried about the walking since I damaged my knees. One week, Advil will be my friend... A month more physio should help too. Oh well, I'll be at Disney, right?
Wishing you speedy improvement and recovery in the next month!!!

I really need to pay attention to this Magic Band stuff, but I figured there was no chance they will be implemented during my trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: