Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #3616
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Last SAB pic that is live for you. It is sadly our last day. I will do a more detailed overall review once home

Yesterday was awesome. We had a small meet it it was nice. Went to FF for dinner and it was very good . Both of us were sad that CA Grill is closed But it gives us an execuse to come back. Speaking of which we booked a bounce back for 10/31-11/3 . Not many choices of rooms left to choose from but it's all good. F&W here we come.

Have a great day everyone

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #3617
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Good morning all

Currently waiting to get into SAB. It is DH's b day and the day of the meet

I let DH win at TSM this morning as a bday present ( errr that's what I told him anyway)

We had a fabulous dinner at Bluezoo last night. Omg it was so very good. Check out the live dining thread that Jabead runs to see pics
There was no rain yesterday! It was an awesome day . Only 20% chance of a shower today. Can't wait for quality pool time I will check back later
Will have to put Bluezoo on our list!! Enjoy your pool time :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Ok, I'm jumping back in! I have been SO busy I couldn't keep up with the thread, but the time is getting so short now that I can barely believe it. My kids found out about the "surprise" trip to Toronto (which was planned ages before this one) but have no clue at all about this trip. My love of Disney stuff is well known, so they don't think twice about me having SAB as my screensaver, etc.

For those who don't know, if I can pull off the surprise right to the YC lobby, it will be a miracle. We are traveling with friends who have kids that are our kids' BFFs. Neither set of kids have any idea that this is even in our minds, let alone actually happening! I had planned my DD to travel out west to spend a week with my sister on August 10th. I've arranged it so that we fly into Toronto an hour before her flight arrives, and then the plan is to tell her and DS that no, we aren't staying in Toronto right now, we are getting on a flight to Orlando! We arrive at 11:30 pm so we are crashing at Pop for the night. The other family arrives at lunchtime the next day, and we have plans to have them meet up in the lobby of the YC. If we can pull it off, neither set of kids will know that the other is going to be there. If I can pull this off, it will be one for the record books. I overheard my DD tell her other friend that her ultimate vacation of ALL TIME would be to go to Disney with this friend, but that it won't ever happen. Well, yes it will. In 42 days it WILL! I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. The kids have been SO good this year - my DD has been so conscientious with her schoolwork, and my DS (who was diagnosed with a serious reading and written output disorder last year) has been working so hard with his tutor... He went from reading and writing at an early grade one level in September of this year to being at a grade 5 level by the end of the year! He also has been so good about going to tutoring all summer, and he should be caught up with his schoolmates by the end of the summer. I am so incredibly lucky that this all fell into place for us to be able to do this! I will enjoy watching them have fun as much as I will enjoy having fun myself!!!

Dee, I think I'm booked in YC CL SV (but honestly, I don't know! It's been a whirlwind!) I wish we could have booked BC, which is where my heart is, but the RO discount had no BC rooms and it saved us about $1,000! The other family has the dining plan but it was the same last year and we still felt good about our choice to skip it. We have our ADRs done: Via Napoli, Yachtsman, Chefs de France, Tusker House, Captain's Grill, Coral Reef and last night the 5 pm reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe so we can head on the boat to MK for last night Wishes (or ride rides during Wishes if we've already seen it. LOL). The other mom was a little nervous, asking me if I was OK getting up early for RD, and seemed a little concerned about my afternoon break plans. Should be a bit different from last year! I think this time our touring strategies will mesh better. Not sure in the heat if we can keep up with them, but that's the glory of staying onsite - room and pool await all who want to grab a bus. LOL

Sorry for the long post, just had to get that out there! I'm ready to bust. Can't post a ticker, never know what prying eyes might catch sight of it!!
sounds exciting!! Love it when we can surprise them! I'm surprising my adult daughter with 2 nights at GF before we check into YC she thinks we are staying at POFQ!
We will have a rental car from Ft Lauderdale portion of trip which we will return after GF check in, so guess surprise will be blown when we drive thru the security gate!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #3618
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I also have flute flakes
I was going to post this, but didn't. But I don't have any anymore. But I did.

--- signed, an aging Bills fan
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 07-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #3619
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post

I was going to post this, but didn't. But I don't have any anymore. But I did.

--- signed, an aging Bills fan
Yeah . I still remember wide right and it still breaks my heart

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 07-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #3620
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
DIS Meet 2013 Pictures

Couchy, Teena, Robyn's daughter, Disneymomx7 (Robyn)

With Flat Dee

Great pic!!! Would of loved to have been there!!

Jay
Old 07-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #3621
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking into BC today for 2 nights! Curious to see how busy it is since I was able to book this a few days ago and they had every category open for us to pick from. We chose Standard View requesting high floor with full balcony. We're mainly just staying to enjoy the pool after 5 days at POFQ and doing parks! We'll see what we get!
Have fun!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #3622
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Wooohoooo I am officially on vacation!!! Next stop BCV on Wednesday!!

~N
Old 07-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #3623
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post

We love Good Luck Charlie! That would have been awesome. I don't know who would have been more excited, my 6 year old or DH and I. We find ourselves watching it when the kids ate not around. Lol.
My children would have loves seeing them. We watch this show as a family often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

~N
Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #3624
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

~N
Old 07-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #3625
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
We have Flutie Flakes as well

Wonder if they still taste okay

So glad you finally get to return to the BC
Our trip is in jeopardy due to an illness right now
So sorry to hear someone is sick. Sending positive thoughts your way. Please keep us posted!

I don't recommend sampling the Flutie Flakes. And from the sounds of all of the people on this thread who have boxes, it doesn't even seem like they are a collector's item!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking into BC today for 2 nights! Curious to see how busy it is since I was able to book this a few days ago and they had every category open for us to pick from. We chose Standard View requesting high floor with full balcony. We're mainly just staying to enjoy the pool after 5 days at POFQ and doing parks! We'll see what we get!
Hope you have a fantastic stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Teena, have a wonderful trip!

Dee, I've found working during the day makes me more productive with getting things done at home. Hopefully this is true for you as well and you'll be all set for your trip in no time!

Who would you rather spend time with in the hot tub...Johnny Depp or Doug Flutie? :-)
Let's hope!

Is it Dougie in the hot tub with Dee? HAIL yeah! The man drop kicked one through the uprights, for goodness sake!

Nathan's middle name is Douglas. Just sayin' (very understanding hubby)

Sorry Johnny! But on the bright side, he's all yours gals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I gave the same riddle to my football-obsessed son and we still have no clue! I have some leading contenders but initials would help! TB? KW? BF? MH?
Nate says KW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggirl View Post
How much is a cab from YC to MK? About how long is the ride? Just thinking about it since we are only doing a short trip this time and the day we get in we are going to do MNSSHP. We may hang out at YC to do apps at 5pm in the Club Lounge, so I was thinking a cab may be quicker then waiting for bus, etc. I would like to get to the park 4, but we are thinking about enjoying the CL perks first. Thanks!
If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, let us know when your trip is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
We took a cab from the MK (it's the TTC actually) to BC and it was about $15 with tip I think. I think my DH might have overtipped too. That was a few years ago. Keep in mind that a cab is not going to take you to the MK entrance. Only the TTC and you will still have to take the monorail or boat. Or you could cab to the CR and walk to MK. If it were me, I would just skip the lounge this day and take the bus to MK and arrive earlier. If you eat I. The lounge starting at 5, I don't see you getting to MK until 6 at the earliest.
What she said! Even if you have to wait a little bit for the bus, it will bring you right to the entrance gate of MK instead of the TTC, which will save you time.

If you do take a cab, take it to CR and walk from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Thanks for the BOG adds! I'm very excited! I've already added my YC pics and room location to the view thread. It was room 3085 BTW. Can I call my guy "Skipper Salty?" Love the pic of your son by the way!

As for this week for you Dee, I'm going to agree with Catho72 on this one. Last summer, it was the first summer in ages that I didn't work (I'm a teacher-and usually wait tables, take grad courses, teach summer school etc.)...and I truly almost worried myself into a huge panic about our last August trip...truly because I had too much time on my hands. I thought of every little thing that could go wrong! When we went in April, I worked right up until 3 hrs. before our flight, so I had no time to think about it, and truly, I was a lot calmer and strangely, much better prepared.
Skipper Salty it is!!!

The beard laced with ocean detritus was my idea, but the strong NE accent Ben used for the character was all his. His director doubled over with laughter the first time he came out on stage during practice and recited his lines. Proud mommy.

Hope you are right. Believe it or not, I tend to be a procrastinator and I am afraid I am going to run out of time to go to the stores I need to and to do the last minute trip prep.

Thanks for adding the photos to the view thread!

Quote:

Last SAB pic that is live for you. It is sadly our last day. I will do a more detailed overall review once home

Yesterday was awesome. We had a small meet it it was nice. Went to FF for dinner and it was very good . Both of us were sad that CA Grill is closed But it gives us an execuse to come back. Speaking of which we booked a bounce back for 10/31-11/3 . Not many choices of rooms left to choose from but it's all good. F&W here we come.

Have a great day everyone
So sorry your trip is coming to an end. But on booking another. I just looked at airfare for late October. Where did you book?

Quote:

~N

See you next week!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #3626
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I just looked at airfare for late October. Where did you book?

See you next week!
Yes you will! I'll be calling so we can meet up on Tuesday eve! Are you planning a trip for Oct??

~N
Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #3627
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes you will! I'll be calling so we can meet up on Tuesday eve! Are you planning a trip for Oct??

~N
I would like to do a solo getaway. On Halloween, I will be a year shy of a very milestone BD.

Not sure how realistic it is, but a girl can dream. I do have some Southwest points that will need to be used and it is really only enough for one person to benefit. And I vote for me!

I would really love to get in on someone's MNSSHP plans.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #3628
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Hello. Can someone let me know if there are two separate check in locations for BCV and BCI or are they the same?

43 days until vacation!

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 07-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #3629
catho72
DIS Veteran

It's official....the all of my sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws and nephews are going to be on vacation with us next week. My husband is the oldest of five and until today, four out of the five were going with their families. The fifth one broke down today and booked a hideously expensive flight and paid full price to stay at GF with her family. I told them that they should stay with the rest of us at BC....but they are GF snobs. Hopefully they will change resorts so we can all spent time at SAB together.

I did some rearranging of our reservations today. All 18 of us will be dining at Sci-Fi for lunch on Tuesday. I apologize in advance if you are dining there around 2:30....my nephews haven't learned table manners yet.

Today's laundry day before we leave on Friday morning. I can't believe our trip is almost here.

Did I hear there's a tropical storm approaching Puerto Rico on Thursday? Is central Florida in it's path????

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 07-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #3630
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
Hello. Can someone let me know if there are two separate check in locations for BCV and BCI or are they the same?

43 days until vacation!
You check in at the Beach Club resort desk for reservations at Beach Club Villas.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: