Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #3586
natebenma
DIS Veteran

DIS Meet 2013 Pictures

Couchy, Teena, Robyn's daughter, Disneymomx7 (Robyn)

With Flat Dee

DISers in Wonderland, starring

MickeyT as the White Rabbit
Pixarmom as Alice
Natebenma (Dee) as the Cheshire Cat and of course
Ninjamom as the Mad Hatter

Last edited by natebenma; 07-08-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #3587
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
DIS Meet 2013 Pictures

With Flat Dee

Pixarmom as Alice

I'll add a couple of closeups, but I want to get this posted!
Oh my Robyn! Your daughter is growing up!! She's always been cute but she is becoming a lovely young lady!!!! Wish I had been there. See you guys next year.
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #3588
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Since we're posting celebrity sightings at YC/BC I will post that we saw Scott Zolak (backup QB to Drew Bledsoe on the NE Patriots back in the day) outside of Beaches and Cream one day...we have also seen another famous QB but not at YC/BC-Doug Flutie waiting to be let into MK at RD one February morning "with the rest of us"

No other celebs for us though...maybe in 38 days?

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 07-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #3589
DT83097
DIS Veteran

All caught up again - just before a new thread is started - PHEW!! Have not been on in awhile - life keeps getting in the way of my Dis time but I'm getting back to it now - only 69 days to go!

Regarding celebrities - We saw "Gabe" and "PJ" from Disney Channels Good Luck Charlie this past March. They passed us in the line at BTMRR. No one else really seemed to notice them, but they were being led by a Disney tour guide wearing that checkered vest so we knew someone special was coming That was our first celebrity sighting!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 07-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #3590
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post

What a fantastic Announcement!!! I have been secretly hoping to convince my DH that since we already have AP's, why not head over for some Holiday Decorations...............not sure if that one will fly or not!!!
I've been waiting for Disney Christmas forever!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #3591
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DIS Meet 2013 Pictures

With Flat Dee

Pixarmom as Alice

Great pic!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #3592
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
All caught up again - just before a new thread is started - PHEW!! Have not been on in awhile - life keeps getting in the way of my Dis time but I'm getting back to it now - only 69 days to go!

Regarding celebrities - We saw "Gabe" and "PJ" from Disney Channels Good Luck Charlie this past March. They passed us in the line at BTMRR. No one else really seemed to notice them, but they were being led by a Disney tour guide wearing that checkered vest so we knew someone special was coming That was our first celebrity sighting!
We love Good Luck Charlie! That would have been awesome. I don't know who would have been more excited, my 6 year old or DH and I. We find ourselves watching it when the kids ate not around. Lol.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #3593
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post

I won't name names to protect the innocent. We saw a famous NFL quarterback from a Superbowl winning team several times at the hotel and at the parks.

For those football fans, here is a clue that would narrow it down a bit- Our fav team, the Steelers, beat his team in a recent Superbowl but he won his Superbowl against another team several years earlier.
I figured out who the former bagger was
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #3594
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post

Omg I think my daughter would have a heart attack if she saw them or anyone from her fav disney tv shows. It would be the vacation of her dreams after she woke up from star struck coma

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 07-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #3595
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
DIS Meet 2013 Pictures

With Flat Dee

Pixarmom as Alice

My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #3596
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Announcement time!

I'll make it simple...
WE'RE COMING TO WDW IN DECEMBER!

I've always wanted to, and the opportunity has presented itself, so DP, our dear friend Mary and I will be there from Dec 4-8! We're over the moon.
Now here's the bad news....don't hate me........we're not staying at BC/YC.
*ducking to avoid sharp objects and splashes of Sunken Treasures*

We're staying at BWI (one of our 2 favorites, the other being BC), for 2 simple reasons. First, they have standard views available, and since it's a quick trip, view doesn't matter much, and BC/YC only have lagoon views left....for this trip...too pricey. The other reason, is I don't think I could bear having SAB right there and possibly not be able to enjoy it. Never fear though, we're already planning and saving for a nice long BC stay in August 2014...Dee, can you add us to the list for "Sometime in late August?"

We'll defiantly stop in to BC to see Teena and to see BC/YC decorations, and of course, if y'all will have me, I'll still post here regularly even when not staying at BC/YC, I feel like this thread is my home here on the boards, and one of the best places for trip planning.
That's all for now....happy vacation planning!
Thanks so much for your review of your YC stay and the awesome pictures!

Congrats on your upcoming trips!!!!

I will make some room for you on the Be Our Guest list for August 2014. I'll also sneak in a little note about your December trip, too.

Would you mind posting your view pictures to the YC View thread or giving me permission to post them? You can add in the picture of "Salty" if you want, too, as maybe a caution for future guests of the room.

Do you mind calling him Skipper, instead, though? That was the name of the character Ben played in Pom Pom Zombies this past spring.

If anyone else has view photos from past trips to share, I would love it if you could add them to one of these threads.

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these threads is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #3597
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Teena is off to the airport for her trip to California with Bob, Jeanne and Lily.

I am working every day this week before my trip. BLECH!!!!

I ain't got no time for that!

Behave yourselves everyone, and have a great day!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #3598
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
I won't name names to protect the innocent. We saw a famous NFL quarterback from a Superbowl winning team several times at the hotel and at the parks. The first time was in the lobby waiting for an elevator- I kept looking at him because he looked familiar but couldn't figure out who it was. He got on the elevator with us and was like an inch from me. He got off the elevator and then my husband told me. Couldn't believe it. We saw him again and again.

My son is a fan of his team that he retired from (unfortunately he does not tow the family line on favorite teams)- he was dying to ask for an autograph but we felt that he was on his family vacation and wanted to respect his privacy, so we did not let him ask.

We saw him standing in line and sweating with the rest of us common folk and made you realize that most famous people have to go thru the same things as you.

For those football fans, here is a clue that would narrow it down a bit- Our fav team, the Steelers, beat his team in a recent Superbowl but he won his Superbowl against another team several years earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
I figured out who the former bagger was
I gave my football-obsessed son your QB riddle, and he got it too! He would love running into a football player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Since we're posting celebrity sightings at YC/BC I will post that we saw Scott Zolak (backup QB to Drew Bledsoe on the NE Patriots back in the day) outside of Beaches and Cream one day...we have also seen another famous QB but not at YC/BC-Doug Flutie waiting to be let into MK at RD one February morning "with the rest of us"

No other celebs for us though...maybe in 38 days?
I wouldn't mind running into Mr. Flutie- I am not ashamed to admit he is one of my favorite players and I have 3 jerseys (Chargers, Bills, Patriots), one t-shirt and 2 unopened boxes of Flutie Flakes. Oh, and a very understanding husband!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #3599
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

We have Flutie Flakes as well

Wonder if they still taste okay

So glad you finally get to return to the BC
Our trip is in jeopardy due to an illness right now
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #3600
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking into BC today for 2 nights! Curious to see how busy it is since I was able to book this a few days ago and they had every category open for us to pick from. We chose Standard View requesting high floor with full balcony. We're mainly just staying to enjoy the pool after 5 days at POFQ and doing parks! We'll see what we get!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: