Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #346
Feckless
DIS Veteran

BOOKED MY FLIGHT. At least the flight down... LOL

SO, Dee, you can add me to the list: YC CL GV from August 17th to August 24th. We arrive on August 16th but I am going to book one night at Pop or some other Value since we arrive at 11:30 p.m. and we won't get our luggage for a few hours anyway. I will have to really plan packing. Should be interesting trying to organize that for Amelia since she will be with my sister! I won't be able to pack for her!!! I'll have to get my sister to do her laundry while she's out there. LOL

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #347
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Upgraded to CL!

On our trip in April, we upgraded our tx to annual passes. Unfortunately, the Disney website doesn't recognize the upgraded AP passes yet (with the RDIF) and I get no information from Disney. I just found out AP got a summer discount higher then the VISA one that came out, so I upgraded us to CL for our Yacht Club July trip!

Also, I was able to get a ressies for the Wishes Dessert Party. DD recently discovered a love of choc. covered strawberries on our trip in April, so I thought this would be a great venue to get them. So, we have two new things for us to do this vacation. I'm keeping both on the DL to help us have a magical trip.

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
July 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #348
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
I am so bummed, I have to cancel our July trip! I hope you all have amazing vacations and maybe in the future I can be back on this board planning!

SO SORRY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Both of our YC CL GV stays were in the same room, overlooking the gazebo. We were 2 doors away from the CM desks/lounge, which is also just around the corner from the elevator. It was PERFECT!!!
Thanks for the tip! I am going to add this request to my reservation... We have already asked to be close to our friends that are also booking YC CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
If you like seafood, the shrimp and lobster roll at Hurricane Hanna's is very good. Not like the ones we get here in New England, but quite tasty!
Note made to self! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Hey again all!

Made some ressies this morning (well, after the website came back up after being down at 6am ).

Still filling in a few gaps, and was thinking about doing dinner at Jiko/Sanaa one night. How much of a pain is it to get there from YC? What would that involve - bus to AK, then bus to AKL? What about a bus from Boardwalk direct to AKL? Or maybe walk to DHS to bus to AKL?
Another vote for the cab. We did the bus/monorail thing to get to 'Ohana from the resort last year and it totally wasn't worth it at all. Took a cab back to the resort, and learned our lesson!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 05-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #349
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstartCrow View Post
I didn't even think of Hurricane Hanna's. For some reason, I thought they mostly did burgers. Just checked out the menu on allears, and that grilled cheese with bacon sounds pretty good... So much for a "light" lunch.
I thought I was going to love this sandwich, but I thought the flavors did not mesh well. The Beaches and Cream grilled cheese was so much better.

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
July 2014
Old 05-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #350
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

I know, but was wondering if anyone did the Disney Fine Arts Photography photo session with your family. If so how did it go? Is it worth the $? (And how much is it nowadays and what does that get you?) And did you do it at Y&BC? I really don't have too many pictures of all 3 of us together, usually one of us is taking the pictures haha. Thanks!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #351
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

We have arrived! Our room is beautiful. Have a standard view, but am very happy with our view. Looking straight out there is a roof, but over to the right is SAB. I am goin to see about posting a picture.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #352
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
We have arrived! Our room is beautiful. Have a standard view, but am very happy with our view. Looking straight out there is a roof, but over to the right is SAB. I am goin to see about posting a picture.
Looking forward to seeing YC SV CL pic
Old 05-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #353
firsttimemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey again all!

Made some ressies this morning (well, after the website came back up after being down at 6am ).

Still filling in a few gaps, and was thinking about doing dinner at Jiko/Sanaa one night. How much of a pain is it to get there from YC? What would that involve - bus to AK, then bus to AKL? What about a bus from Boardwalk direct to AKL? Or maybe walk to DHS to bus to AKL?
Jiko is one of our FAVORITE restaurants. I can't help with the transportation because we usually rent a car (or stay at AKL) but it's well worth it.
2006 (CCI) 2008 (RI)

DCL
Wonder: 5/23/04 ~ Magic: 1/22/05 ~ Wonder: 5/10/09 (PCC 1.0) ~ Wonder: 12/12/10 (PCC 2.0) ~ Dream: 4/17/11 ~ Magic Canadian: 6/17/12 ~ Fantasyturkeyfest 11/17/12 ~ Fantasy 4/12/14

Old 05-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #354
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Hey again all!

Quickest is a taxi. We do that for all resort to resort ADRs no matter where we stay.

But otherwise, boat to DHS and bus to AKL would work. I would allow at least 75 minutes if you use that method.

Last option is to get on whichever bus comes first to YC then transfer to AKL at its final destination. I would also allow at least 75 minutes for this.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #355
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
If you are able to email (or text) the picture to me, I can post it. You can email me at beachclubdee @ yahoo.com

And yes, I seriously did have an email on that account this morning from Susan Hacker (note that name) from NIGERIA telling me I was entitled to $4,000,000 in USD.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #356
Tiggerish
DIS Veteran

Natebenma, I am sorry to tell you this, but Susan Hacker already promised me that money. As soon as it comes, I am going to book a full year at the YC CL Lagoon View with the deluxe dining plan. And if I need clean undies or clean clothes, Amazon prime will be my friend. After all, found money should be spent as rapidly as possible.

Until then, my GV BC room for a week in June will have to do.
1972 Offsite 1985 Offsite 1999 Contemp North Garden Wing 2000 YC Concierge 2001 Disneyland Hotel Concierge 2003 Disney Wonder 2003 POFQ 2004 Dolphin 2005 Disney Magic 2006 PORS/ Disney Wonder 2010 ASMu 2011 ASMu 2012 ASMu 2012 AKL 2012 ASSp 2013 BC 2013 POP
Old 05-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #357
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Fly update- saw none for rest of time in fantasyland or nfl (inclduing our guy getting picked to be beast at tales with belle and doing super after another boy quit right before stage time). And none in our brief foray to dhs. Doing marrakesh tonight, so will give update after dinner
Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #358
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Fly update- saw none for rest of time in fantasyland or nfl (inclduing our guy getting picked to be beast at tales with belle and doing super after another boy quit right before stage time). And none in our brief foray to dhs. Doing marrakesh tonight, so will give update after dinner
Thanks for the update. It is so funny how different people report the fly situation so differently. I wonder if there is something that attracts them to certain people like bright clothing, hair color, etc? Hoping they move out of the area by Friday. Would also love to hear about Marakesh. It one of our ADR's next week.

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #359
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerish View Post
Natebenma, I am sorry to tell you this, but Susan Hacker already promised me that money. As soon as it comes, I am going to book a full year at the YC CL Lagoon View with the deluxe dining plan. And if I need clean undies or clean clothes, Amazon prime will be my friend. After all, found money should be spent as rapidly as possible.

Until then, my GV BC room for a week in June will have to do.
You're first after me! LOL . Susan has been promising those funds to me for many years! LOL ... Of course I'd share the wealth

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 05-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #360
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Dee, I'll take a ton of our room, 5636, which is GVCL (BC) to post to the other thread when I get back. It's a great room, overlooking a courtyard with volleyball net. It's right down the hall from the lounge and elevators but still very quiet. "Kiddie-corner" from the Newport Suite. It's facing Epcot (away from SAB), so we can see the Illuminations high fireworks. Dormer balcony, two chairs and a small table. Awesome at night. Daybed/sofa.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: