Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #3571
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

A friend of mine was eating dinner at a restaurant on Nantucket last night. He was next to Robert DeNiro
Old 07-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #3572
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

For you CL experts, where are the YC garden view club level rooms located at (views)? I was planning on booking a regular GV room but by the time I got around to booking it today, they are full with the current discount. Debating on the water view or bumping up to CL (or giving up on trying something different and staying at GF...) Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #3573
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Missing YC/BC really bad today with the DISmeet going on and all!!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08-YC * 4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin * 07/10-BC * 9/13-YC* 4/14-WL*

Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #3574
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

What a crazy week...finally through all the birthday celebrations in my house. Catching up on the thread and reading the latest "live" reports is making me super excited for our upcoming trip...41 days to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post
Just a silly random question. Anyone ever spot a celebrity at BC/YC? That is other than Johnny Depp in the hot tub.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
A couple of years ago we saw Andrew Zimmern up in the club lounge and we also saw two members of the group "Boys II Men" who were performing in Epcot during F&W.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #3575
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
For you CL experts, where are the YC garden view club level rooms located at (views)? I was planning on booking a regular GV room but by the time I got around to booking it today, they are full with the current discount. Debating on the water view or bumping up to CL (or giving up on trying something different and staying at GF...) Thanks!
Most of the YC CL GV rooms overlook the wedding gazebo. There are one or two that overlook the back entrance courtyard (lakeside of the resort).

There are only 5 or 6 of these rooms, and I think these are the room numbers, based on what previous guests have reported.

(all are facing gazebo facing away from Epcot, making it difficult to see water too)

(faces away from Epcot and just outside the main lake entrance, but no view of lake from that angle)

There is a link to the Disneyzone map on the first page of the thread, I think in the Yacht Club Room post.

Additionally, there is a room view thread- you should check that out to see some sample YC Garden View rooms (both CL and regular. The CL rooms are on the 5th floor and the number starts with 5XXX)

Yacht Club Room Views
Old 07-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #3576
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwifan View Post
Omg this happened to us! We only need one lounge for the 5 of us because we're swimming! But my husband and I would need a place to set up base, to rest, etc. and often times there would be neatly folded towels on entire rows of loungers. I would give Mr. Towel an hour then move in.
Yes! I can't stand people who hoard chairs! Did they really allow that man to keep 2 & 1/2 chairs per family member??? I would have complained. That is just plain rude! 😡
Old 07-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #3577
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Most of the YC CL GV rooms overlook the wedding gazebo. There are one or two that overlook the back entrance courtyard (lakeside of the resort).

There are only 5 or 6 of these rooms, and I think these are the room numbers, based on what previous guests have reported.

(all are facing gazebo facing away from Epcot, making it difficult to see water too)

(faces away from Epcot and just outside the main lake entrance, but no view of lake from that angle)

There is a link to the Disneyzone map on the first page of the thread, I think in the Yacht Club Room post.

Additionally, there is a room view thread- you should check that out to see some sample YC Garden View rooms (both CL and regular. The CL rooms are on the 5th floor and the number starts with 5XXX)

Yacht Club Room Views
Thanks! I saw the Disneyzone map but it was kinda hard to figure out what would now be garden vs standard view. So there are really only 5 or 6 of these CL GV rooms at the resort? I didn't realize that it was such a limited room category. Given that, I think those room sound like they'd be good!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #3578
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Raising a Sunken Treasure to our friends at the DIS meet this evening. Hope you guys have a blast! Cheers!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #3579
ella6599
Mouseketeer

So...I know how edgy things get over the whole reusable mug thing...do you think you could fill the bobbles with water at the reusable mug stations?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #3580
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Raising a Sunken Treasure to our friends at the DIS meet this evening. Hope you guys have a blast! Cheers!

Dee: That's perfect!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 07-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #3581
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And I'll raise a Blue Glowtini!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #3582
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Pictures soon. Couchy sent me some but my computer keeps overheating and shutting down. Yikes! I'm going to let it rest for a bit and hopefully it will behave enough for me to post.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #3583
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

I cannot wait anymore. It's so hard as your trip gets closer and you spend more time in here. I want to just relax by the pool on day one and have a sunken treasure. Wishing I was there right now.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #3584
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post
Just a silly random question. Anyone ever spot a celebrity at BC/YC? That is other than Johnny Depp in the hot tub.

I won't name names to protect the innocent. We saw a famous NFL quarterback from a Superbowl winning team several times at the hotel and at the parks. The first time was in the lobby waiting for an elevator- I kept looking at him because he looked familiar but couldn't figure out who it was. He got on the elevator with us and was like an inch from me. He got off the elevator and then my husband told me. Couldn't believe it. We saw him again and again.

My son is a fan of his team that he retired from (unfortunately he does not tow the family line on favorite teams)- he was dying to ask for an autograph but we felt that he was on his family vacation and wanted to respect his privacy, so we did not let him ask.

We saw him standing in line and sweating with the rest of us common folk and made you realize that most famous people have to go thru the same things as you.

For those football fans, here is a clue that would narrow it down a bit- Our fav team, the Steelers, beat his team in a recent Superbowl but he won his Superbowl against another team several years earlier.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #3585
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Quote:
Could be a problem with that plan. I think Stephen King is only releasing Joyland in actual book form- as a way to recognize the contribution of book stores to his success. I didn't even see it at Sam's Club last time I looked.
Drat! That is a problem. I guess I'll put Joyland on my To Read list for after the vacation, since I am not likely to lug an actual book in addition to the Kindle. I am saving the latest John Sandford "Prey" novel for the trip. I guess I'll just have to hope I don't read that one too quickly.

Quote:
Do either of you know what is open for food in the terminal in the early morning hours- we fly out at 7 am. Will I be able to get my last Dunkin's coffee before heading to Florida?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Yes, but Dunkin and Starbucks are the only open places so they get overwhelmed easily.
Yup, what Scott said. But the lines do move quite quickly, from what I've seen. My flight out next Sunday is at 6:25 am (!), so I am hoping that the terminal won't be hopping with activity at that unholy hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
So...I know how edgy things get over the whole reusable mug thing...do you think you could fill the bobbles with water at the reusable mug stations?
My family and I have refilled our Bobbles with water at the reusable mug stations. We have also filled them with water at the self-service soda stations in the parks. As long as we're only filling with water, the CMs don't have a problem with it.

Did I mention that I now have only SEVEN DAYS until my trip?????

Me DH DS14 DD12
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: