Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #3541
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
BONJOUR VYRG!

Please consider taking a taxi cab to the Super Wal Mart located at Vineland Road (SR535) about 9.6 kilometers away away.

The address to tell the cab driver is: 3250 Vineland Road Kissimmee, FL 34746 Phone number for the Walmart is (407) 397-1125

When you are done shopping you can call a taxi to come and pick you up from the Walmart. The phone number for the Disney approved Mears taxi is
1 407 422 2222

I did this on my last trip and it worked out great! I caught a taxi from the resort and it was about a 15 minute ride and going to the Wal Mart it was approximately $20 dollars (US currency) (15.5 euros)

Coming back it was approximately another 15.5 Euros. I called the Taxi to come pick me up from the Walmart to take me back to the resort and it only took the Taxi about 10 minutes to come back to the Walmart and then around another 15 minutes to take me back to the hotel.

At this Wal Mart they have many different food items, Fruit, Wine and beer and a Disney section with clothes and some toys. They also have shoes, sunscreen, medicines and toiletries. Really, they have just about anything you would need. This means MUCH more than a supermarket that would just sell food. Walmart is more like an American department store and the prices are low so you get a great value for every Euro you spend.

Bonne chance et avoir de très bonnes vacances!!!

~Amour, Ninja Maman
I'm impressed NM!

~N

Old 07-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #3542
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Good morning all

Currently waiting to get into SAB. It is DH's b day and the day of the meet

I let DH win at TSM this morning as a bday present ( errr that's what I told him anyway)

We had a fabulous dinner at Bluezoo last night. Omg it was so very good. Check out the live dining thread that Jabead runs to see pics
There was no rain yesterday! It was an awesome day . Only 20% chance of a shower today. Can't wait for quality pool time I will check back later

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #3543
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnngn2 View Post
Good luck on your plans!I just seem you a PM with a question. Non Disney related.
Long reply sent! LOL

So, I was checking the thread on my iPad this morning and DS came up over my shoulder - all the quotes almost did me in! I closed out fast, and he thought it might be my Trip Advisor app looking for accommodations for Toronto!! Close call! I told him that he WANTS me to surprise him with a trip to Toronto but if he keeps snooping I can't do it! Damn this newfound literacy! LOL I want to burst and tell everyone I see but I can't. Argh... today I'm paying off the room (I have a RO reservation) and for my night of Pop. Condo in Toronto already paid. All flights are booked and paid for. Blue Jays vs. Yankees tix booked and paid for. UCT 8 day WPM park hoppers in my desk drawer. Getting Mumford and Sons tix from Stubhub (crossing fingers they are legit!) and I'm done except for meals and spending $.

Speaking of, I always thought I could get the UCT tix added to my KTTW card. Can we now do that with the new cards??? I really don't want to have to keep track of two cards... (although I'm hearing people are able to get FPs on the room card AND the ticket card! LOL) I was hoping the bracelets would be out for our trip - way easier than keeping track of cards, especially for the kids getting in to SAB.

I seriously can't believe this is really happening! My DH hardly knows what's going on because we can't talk about it in front of the kids! LOL. Same thing happened when I surprised them with Cuba a few years ago. DH was just as surprised as the kids since we never discussed the resort. LOL

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 07-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #3544
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Ok, I'm jumping back in! I have been SO busy I couldn't keep up with the thread, but the time is getting so short now that I can barely believe it. My kids found out about the "surprise" trip to Toronto (which was planned ages before this one) but have no clue at all about this trip. My love of Disney stuff is well known, so they don't think twice about me having SAB as my screensaver, etc.

For those who don't know, if I can pull off the surprise right to the YC lobby, it will be a miracle. We are traveling with friends who have kids that are our kids' BFFs. Neither set of kids have any idea that this is even in our minds, let alone actually happening! I had planned my DD to travel out west to spend a week with my sister on August 10th. I've arranged it so that we fly into Toronto an hour before her flight arrives, and then the plan is to tell her and DS that no, we aren't staying in Toronto right now, we are getting on a flight to Orlando! We arrive at 11:30 pm so we are crashing at Pop for the night. The other family arrives at lunchtime the next day, and we have plans to have them meet up in the lobby of the YC. If we can pull it off, neither set of kids will know that the other is going to be there. If I can pull this off, it will be one for the record books. I overheard my DD tell her other friend that her ultimate vacation of ALL TIME would be to go to Disney with this friend, but that it won't ever happen. Well, yes it will. In 42 days it WILL! I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. The kids have been SO good this year - my DD has been so conscientious with her schoolwork, and my DS (who was diagnosed with a serious reading and written output disorder last year) has been working so hard with his tutor... He went from reading and writing at an early grade one level in September of this year to being at a grade 5 level by the end of the year! He also has been so good about going to tutoring all summer, and he should be caught up with his schoolmates by the end of the summer. I am so incredibly lucky that this all fell into place for us to be able to do this! I will enjoy watching them have fun as much as I will enjoy having fun myself!!!

Dee, I think I'm booked in YC CL SV (but honestly, I don't know! It's been a whirlwind!) I wish we could have booked BC, which is where my heart is, but the RO discount had no BC rooms and it saved us about $1,000! The other family has the dining plan but it was the same last year and we still felt good about our choice to skip it. We have our ADRs done: Via Napoli, Yachtsman, Chefs de France, Tusker House, Captain's Grill, Coral Reef and last night the 5 pm reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe so we can head on the boat to MK for last night Wishes (or ride rides during Wishes if we've already seen it. LOL). The other mom was a little nervous, asking me if I was OK getting up early for RD, and seemed a little concerned about my afternoon break plans. Should be a bit different from last year! I think this time our touring strategies will mesh better. Not sure in the heat if we can keep up with them, but that's the glory of staying onsite - room and pool await all who want to grab a bus. LOL

Sorry for the long post, just had to get that out there! I'm ready to bust. Can't post a ticker, never know what prying eyes might catch sight of it!!
What an absolutely awesome things to do! I hope it all comes together exactly as you have it planned!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #3545
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Long overdue.....

Here it is folks, my long overdue YC mini-TR and an announcement!

DP and I took his nephew (9yo) to WDW in April for his first trip. We stayed with him at POR in a RGR for 6 nights...and truly...we loved it. The rooms were beautiful without being tacky, we were in Oak Manor, a brief 3 min. walk from the main building and we had a lovely view of the river. It's truly a beautiful resort, and though I prefer a deluxe, if moderate was the only option, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at POR again. I do have pics from this leg of the trip, but I figure it'd be here.

After DP's nephew left, we were blessed with 3 extra nights and thanks to a nifty AP discount, we decided to spend them at the YC! We'd never stayed there before, and DP in particular had wanted to try it out. We booked a GV room and were excited to move there. I got in line for check-in around 10:30 A.M. and was pulled out of the line by a nice young lady with an iPad who attempted to check me in. She verified my info and asked if I had any room requests. I told her that I was hoping for a gazebo-view room and perhaps if there was one with a sideways view of the lagoon, that'd be outstanding. She brought me to the desk and said "This is Mr. ________ and we're going to try to upgrade him to a lagoon-view room." What? I mean....Ok....if that's what y'all want to do. So, after a few minutes I was sent up to a room from which I could hear music blaring before I even got to it. The door was propped open, and there was a woman on a ladder removing the AC vents, and a man painting the bathroom. I verified the room number, and knowing that this room was clearly down for repair, went back to the check-in desk. The manager was very kind, very apologetic, and said if I was willing to wait until 3, would put me in another LV room with an even better view. No problem! We never got the magic text, but we never do....in the 3-4 years we've given our number to get the text...we've never gotten it. Oh well. I can't blame YC for that, when it hasn't worked at AKL, BLT, and BWI.
Anyway, we went on to enjoy our day, and when we got back to YC, they gave us our room number and up we went. The room was lovely, and looked mostly like I expected it to.

If i'm being honest, the room was in a bit of a state of disrepair, in that 2 out of the four lamps over the bed were out, and the closet doors were completely off their runners. We alerted the front desk to these issues, and the lights were promptly replaced, but the closet door was never fixed...

Nevertheless,
The view was worth waiting for!

To the left..

Straight ahead...

And slightly to the right....

I loved that view. Due to the lack of foliage there, I might say that if you're really into a lagoon view....YC might be the place to book rather than BC, but that's just my opinion.

There was one thing wrong with the room though...in fact...it was the one thing that bothered me about YC in general.....please send small children out of the room for this next picture. Take a deep breath. Ready? Here we go....

This guy.

No really! I'd seen pics of YC rooms before and there was this lovely artwork with lovely turn-of-the-century people frolicking on a lovely idealized 19th century YC beach....it was just lovely. And we get this guy.

I swear he was watching us sleep. I nicknamed him Salty. Dee? Does YC need a mascot? You may have found your guy. "Arrr Mateys! Stay ye here on the dark side!"

It was a weird photo in this weird white frame, and I dunno....for me...it made the room look old...which brings me to my final assessment. I liked the YC. I really did. I liked the BC MUCH better, and I also like BWI MUCH better. The staff was fine, the lobby was beautiful, and I liked the quiet. The rooms and hallways just seemed old for me, but I admit I was comparing it to BC and BWI the whole time. The one thing where YC won big time for us, was the Ale and Compass Lounge. Admittedly, DP and I like our evening cocktails, and we really loved relaxing and unwinding in A & C each night. No matter where we stay on the Epcot resort loop, we'll do our drinking at YC. I would most definately stay at YC again, but would pick BC and BWI first. I want to commend the greeter in the YC lobby. After seeing the first room at YC that was down for repair, I started to panic and really....really wanted to move to BC, and I think the greeter (darn me for not remembering his name) sensed that and approached me. I explained the situation, and he did a fantastic job of giving me many convincing reasons to give YC a chance, but made it clear that it was all about me, and if I really was unhappy, he'd do everything in his power to get me to BC. That's what I call Disney hospitality....and speaking of Disney hospitality (and general fabulocity), of course we stopped by to see Teena.

So there's my brief YC review.....I didn't mention SAB much, but it was fab as usual...and we had a nice dinner at CG. It was fine...but I think it's a better breakfast location. I prefer CCL for dinner.

Anyway...are y'all still awake? Still with me? Announcement time!

I'll make it simple...
WE'RE COMING TO WDW IN DECEMBER!

I've always wanted to, and the opportunity has presented itself, so DP, our dear friend Mary and I will be there from Dec 4-8! We're over the moon.
Now here's the bad news....don't hate me........we're not staying at BC/YC.
*ducking to avoid sharp objects and splashes of Sunken Treasures*

We're staying at BWI (one of our 2 favorites, the other being BC), for 2 simple reasons. First, they have standard views available, and since it's a quick trip, view doesn't matter much, and BC/YC only have lagoon views left....for this trip...too pricey. The other reason, is I don't think I could bear having SAB right there and possibly not be able to enjoy it. Never fear though, we're already planning and saving for a nice long BC stay in August 2014...Dee, can you add us to the list for "Sometime in late August?"

We'll defiantly stop in to BC to see Teena and to see BC/YC decorations, and of course, if y'all will have me, I'll still post here regularly even when not staying at BC/YC, I feel like this thread is my home here on the boards, and one of the best places for trip planning.
That's all for now....happy vacation planning!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #3546
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post

Your pictures are gorgeous! I showed the first room pic to DD, thinking she would be excited to see what the room looked like and she said, "I know. I already saw the room pictures." Oh well. I enjoyed them! Still trying to decide whether to take along my camera that takes good pics or just make do with my cell phone. The good one just seems like a lot to lug around, though it's small by historical standards. But after viewing your photos, I'm leaning toward taking it.

Question... is that door the YC "secret" entrance?
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #3547
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
Your pictures are gorgeous! I showed the first room pic to DD, thinking she would be excited to see what the room looked like and she said, "I know. I already saw the room pictures." Oh well. I enjoyed them! Still trying to decide whether to take along my camera that takes good pics or just make do with my cell phone. The good one just seems like a lot to lug around, though it's small by historical standards. But after viewing your photos, I'm leaning toward taking it.

Question... is that door the YC "secret" entrance?
Ready? All those pics were taken with my iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #3548
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Ready? All those pics were taken with my iPhone 5.

Well, they are beautiful.
But it does remind me to check my settings on my Marauder phone. I think it does 5MP, which isn't too bad, but I may have it set lower just for space. I keep too many silly apps on it. I never think of it as a primary camera, either, more as a backup for those times I'm caught out without one.

By the way, if we get your room and the closet doors still are messed up, I'm gonna complain! Oh, maybe not, since if we got it that would be a massive upgrade and pixie dust, lol. I suppose it's a good sign that somebody was doing maintenance on the first room they gave you.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #3549
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
How are you getting to the Hard Rock from the Yacht Club?

If you are using a taxi or a car service to get there, you could ask to stop at a supermarket. Do you want to buy food for your trip or do you mostly want to look around? There are no refrigerators to use to keep food cool once you get to the Hard Rock. They only have the refrigerators that are already full of way overpriced snacks and drinks and you can't put your own stuff in there.
When we stay anyplace that has 'stuff' in the refrigerator, we ask the staff to empty it for us so that way we have plenty of room in the refrig. Never had a problem with this at Hard Rock, Portofino Bay or Royal Pacific.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #3550
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WE'RE COMING TO WDW IN DECEMBER!

We'll defiantly stop in to BC to see Teena and to see BC/YC decorations, and of course, if y'all will have me, I'll still post here regularly even when not staying at BC/YC, I feel like this thread is my home here on the boards, and one of the best places for trip planning.
That's all for now....happy vacation planning!
What a fantastic Announcement!!! I have been secretly hoping to convince my DH that since we already have AP's, why not head over for some Holiday Decorations...............not sure if that one will fly or not!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #3551
vyrg
Lilipépite

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
How are you getting to the Hard Rock from the Yacht Club?

If you are using a taxi or a car service to get there, you could ask to stop at a supermarket. Do you want to buy food for your trip or do you mostly want to look around? There are no refrigerators to use to keep food cool once you get to the Hard Rock. They only have the refrigerators that are already full of way overpriced snacks and drinks and you can't put your own stuff in there.
We're going to go to Hard Rock in taxi with our luggages so It's not possible to stop at the supermarket ...

It's just to look around and buy some american things we don't have in France.

I think maybe to take a taxi when i'm in Hard rock to Walmart St james ?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #3552
vyrg
Lilipépite

BONJOUR VYRG!

Please consider taking a taxi cab to the Super Wal Mart located at Vineland Road (SR535) about 9.6 kilometers away away.

The address to tell the cab driver is: 3250 Vineland Road Kissimmee, FL 34746 Phone number for the Walmart is (407) 397-1125

When you are done shopping you can call a taxi to come and pick you up from the Walmart. The phone number for the Disney approved Mears taxi is
1 407 422 2222

I did this on my last trip and it worked out great! I caught a taxi from the resort and it was about a 15 minute ride and going to the Wal Mart it was approximately $20 dollars (US currency) (15.5 euros)

Coming back it was approximately another 15.5 Euros. I called the Taxi to come pick me up from the Walmart to take me back to the resort and it only took the Taxi about 10 minutes to come back to the Walmart and then around another 15 minutes to take me back to the hotel.

At this Wal Mart they have many different food items, Fruit, Wine and beer and a Disney section with clothes and some toys. They also have shoes, sunscreen, medicines and toiletries. Really, they have just about anything you would need. This means MUCH more than a supermarket that would just sell food. Walmart is more like an American department store and the prices are low so you get a great value for every Euro you spend.

Bonne chance et avoir de très bonnes vacances!!!

~Amour, Ninja Maman[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much It's so kind to write a few word in french
Old 07-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #3553
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

Just a silly random question. Anyone ever spot a celebrity at BC/YC? That is other than Johnny Depp in the hot tub.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #3554
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post
Just a silly random question. Anyone ever spot a celebrity at BC/YC? That is other than Johnny Depp in the hot tub.

Well.... there is that D list celebrity that goes by the name of Buzzy the Fly.

I saw Penn Jillette from Penn and Teller with his family eating breakfast at the Crystal Palace a couple of trips ago. The guests were being respectful and not bugging them but the (mostly) guys that worked in the kitchen were coming out to gush and say hello. It was really cute and not obnoxious and Penn really was a good sport about it and didn't seem to mind. You could tell the kitchen guys were huge fans and were just star struck!

~NM
Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #3555
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWgirl413 View Post

I mean...Teena is in the lobby every Sunday and Monday. What more do you need? Geez.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: