Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #3436
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest List

Please take a moment to look over the Be Our Guest list to see if your information is listed correctly. If we just know the month you are going, you will be at the top of that month's list with no specific dates, but feel free to post if you want me to update the exact days of your trip.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

We are about 20 pages from needing a new thread, so I will definitely be starting one sometime this week.

If anyone has any comments about how to make the first couple of pages more "user-friendly" please let me know by posting here or sending an email to beachclubdee at yahoo dot com.

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but I think I will strip off the links to photos, videos and trip reports into a separate post, on Page 2.

And, by the way, one week from right now, I will be boarding a Southwest flight to Orlando.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #3437
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
And, by the way, one week from right now, I will be boarding a Southwest flight to Orlando.

Wooohoooo
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #3438
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Here are a few more for your celebration:
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 07-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #3439
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post
We will be at POR until the 14th, then a cruise until the 18th, then the Beach Club!
that sounds like a great trip!!!

90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #3440
dipastor
Mouseketeer

Fantasmic Dinner Package

Quote:
BUMP!!!

I haven't seen a response to this. I haven't seen anyone post about the Fantasmic dinner lately. We did this (Mama Melrose) in 2009 but that is by no means recent.

Any recent reviews on the Dining Boards?
Hello all. We were at Beach Club from June 10 to June 17. We did the Fantasmic Dinner package. We ate at Hollywood Brown Derby (party of 5, big dinner check). We received our green ticket for Fantasmic seating. The waiter told us to get in line around 8:15 and stay to right where there was a special entrance for our seating. We asked one of the CM's and she told us to wait in line with everyone else. It was so crowded and they waited to let people in (I guess due to some lightening)

Long story short... we never got to see the show. We couldn't get through the line. There were so many people and the CM told us we had to wait with everyone else. I was in near tears taking the boat back to Beach Club watching the fireworks from the show as it began. I let the Beach Club concierge know and they comped our dinner for the night (very nice of them to do so as it was extremely expensive). Beach Club staff were amazing that week!!! Guest Relations at Hollywood, didn't do anything... just wrote my comments down.

I'm not sure what the procedure is for getting to the reserved seats. We asked the CM twice and got the same answer. so.... I still haven't seen Fantasmic. Boo Hoo.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #3441
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

If there is anyone checking in tomorrow at YC/BC/BCV that would like our leftover "stuff" (ESP BCV) we are trying to slim down our suitcase. PM me your name and what you would like and I will check it at Bell Services for you.

For sure we have the following. Possibly some other stuff as we pack tonight.

- 2 heavy duty pool noodles
- Dish Soap
- Clorox Wipes
- Coffee filters
-possibly the end of a can of spray sunscreen
-used ziplock baggies (we put our cameras in them to go to the parks)
- Half a box of plastic utensils
- 1/2 can of sugar

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 07-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #3442
dipastor
Mouseketeer

Amazing Beach Club Staff

I wanted to post a thank you to the amazing Beach Club staff. We were at the pool (week of June 10th) and ordered lunch from Hurricane Hannah's. My daughter ate chicken fingers and watermelon. I'm not sure where it came from but her face broke out in big red bumps (almost looked like welts). She was having some weird allergic reaction. Within minutes we had at least 3 to 4 Beach Club staff from pool area plus a food and beverage manager talking to us. (I think the waitress asked them to come by) They gave us options for treatment and checked my daughter out. It was so comforting and amazing customer service.

Also, we had two different packages booked for our week and we had to check out and check back in. The transition was flawless. New hotel room keys were left under our door the night before and we were able to stay in the same room.

Thanks Beach Club
Old 07-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #3443
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipastor View Post
Hello all. We were at Beach Club from June 10 to June 17. We did the Fantasmic Dinner package. We ate at Hollywood Brown Derby (party of 5, big dinner check). We received our green ticket for Fantasmic seating. The waiter told us to get in line around 8:15 and stay to right where there was a special entrance for our seating. We asked one of the CM's and she told us to wait in line with everyone else. It was so crowded and they waited to let people in (I guess due to some lightening)

Long story short... we never got to see the show. We couldn't get through the line. There were so many people and the CM told us we had to wait with everyone else. I was in near tears taking the boat back to Beach Club watching the fireworks from the show as it began. I let the Beach Club concierge know and they comped our dinner for the night (very nice of them to do so as it was extremely expensive). Beach Club staff were amazing that week!!! Guest Relations at Hollywood, didn't do anything... just wrote my comments down.

I'm not sure what the procedure is for getting to the reserved seats. We asked the CM twice and got the same answer. so.... I still haven't seen Fantasmic. Boo Hoo.
Last time I did the Fantastic dinner package ... quite a few years ago ... we had to wait in the long line to get in but once we were in, we got to sit in a reserved area that was to the right.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #3444
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been able to find out what time the boats begin operating? I am wanting to attempt EMH mornings for DHS, but I don't know if the boats start up early enough to try it.

DH and DD might strangle me in my sleep if I mention walking to DHS!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #3445
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipastor View Post
I wanted to post a thank you to the amazing Beach Club staff. We were at the pool (week of June 10th) and ordered lunch from Hurricane Hannah's. My daughter ate chicken fingers and watermelon. I'm not sure where it came from but her face broke out in big red bumps (almost looked like welts). She was having some weird allergic reaction. Within minutes we had at least 3 to 4 Beach Club staff from pool area plus a food and beverage manager talking to us. (I think the waitress asked them to come by) They gave us options for treatment and checked my daughter out. It was so comforting and amazing customer service.

Also, we had two different packages booked for our week and we had to check out and check back in. The transition was flawless. New hotel room keys were left under our door the night before and we were able to stay in the same room.

Thanks Beach Club
That is great to hear (much better than the Fantasmic situation- that really stinks)

How is your daughter doing? Any idea what triggered the reaction?

If you don't mind taking the time to email guest relations to let them know, or better still write to the General Manager of the Beach Club to let her know how pleased you were. They really do pay attention to the feedback and it helps the CMs when compliments are sent about them:

email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

When you write or email, please include your name, address, phone number and email address.

If it is a comment specific to the Yacht & Beach Club, you can write to the General Manager of the resort (perhaps copy Guest Communications as well):

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Old 07-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #3446
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Has anyone been able to find out what time the boats begin operating? I am wanting to attempt EMH mornings for DHS, but I don't know if the boats start up early enough to try it.

45-60 minutes before the park opens (that means an hour before EMH).
Old 07-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #3447
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer

Quote:

BUMP!!!

I haven't seen a response to this. I haven't seen anyone post about the Fantasmic dinner lately. We did this (Mama Melrose) in 2009 but that is by no means recent.

Any recent reviews on the Dining Boards?
Hi. Thanks for bumping. I've been looking on the restaurant board & found recent threads but one was regarding seating for the mobility challenged & the other was a recently posted comment but from their March trip. I thought I'd mention it here because everyone is always so helpful & seems to have frequent trips to BC/YC. I'm having the "oh my gosh, let me change my ADRs just before our trip" syndrome. With all that delicious looking food at the new Hurricane Hanna's bar menu, maybe I'll just eat there for two weeks! LOLOL!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #3448
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post

I'm curious, too!

I have not had much luck finding out accurate information about when various forms of transportation start at any of the resorts. There are allegedly "breakfast buses" that will allow you to get to pre-opening breakfast reservations, but like Bigfoot, I have no actual proof that they really exist.

I think my only early HS boat experience was on our last trip. We made it to the boat dock at 7:30 and just missed one boat. The next one came around 7:40 and we made it to HS just a little bit after 8.

We will be checking out the early boat ourselves on Saturday July 20. Is that the same day you will be going to HS early or will it be later in your stay?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #3449
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay!

Looking forward to your next trip report. With pictures! (I added that so when your family complains you can tell them your BC fans need you to take pictures.)

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 07-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #3450
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post

Last time I did the Fantastic dinner package ... quite a few years ago ... we had to wait in the long line to get in but once we were in, we got to sit in a reserved area that was to the right.
I did the fantastic package in 2011. We arrived 25 ish min before the show. There was an entrance on the right side with seats sectioned off. It was a pretty long walk I think to get in the side... Then we exited the same side and beat many of the crowds to the buses. It would not make sense for them to change this, but who knows...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: