Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #3406
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Here you go
*drooling*
natebenma is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #3407
Mickey & Minnie Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey & Minnie Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 937

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanddanny View Post
Any cases of water available on YC/BC property? Marketplace?
I saw a case of Dasani water in the Marketplace but could not find a price anywhere.

I think I read somewhere $10 which is overpriced but cheaper than parks. Also bottles are 16.9 oz versus 20 oz sold separately.

I also saw larger size liter maybe in the cooler.
__________________
Mickey & Minnie Mom

Mickey & Minnie Mom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #3408
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Forgive me if these things have been asked before, but we're in the less than a month making sure all our ducks are in a row frenzy...

We're trying to decide whether to order from Garden Grocer...we're taking ME, so no grocery stop, and don't really want to take the time to take a cab somewhere once we get there...

Main essential is water- we go through a lot of it, and it's so expensive in the parks. Do they have any bigger bottles of water in the Marketplace, and if so is there an actual savings over the smaller bottles?

We sometimes order breakfast stuff (and would pretty much have to, to get to the minimum order!)- do all the rooms have a fridge, for putting milk and stuff in?And if so, what's kind of capacity?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieanddanny View Post
Any cases of water available on YC/BC property? Marketplace?
There is a picture of the refrigerator on the first page of the thread (Post 14- Other Useful Info. Towards the end of the post "Will it Fit?")

I'm not positive about the large quantities of water, but since the Beach Club Marketplace services the villas, they tend to have additional items than a normal gift shop would not have.

I have a copy of a grocery order form which DVC guests can use to pre-order items for their villas:

Here are the options for regular water (there is also vitamin water/smart water available for purchase)

20 oz bottle $2.50 (Dasani)
1.5 liter bottle $3.75 (Dasani)
1 gallon $2.95 (Zephyrhills) - if you bring reusable water bottles, like camelbacks, you could fill with us and fill with water
Case of Water, 24 bottles, 12 oz. (Dasani), $16.00

There is a $10 delivery fee for this service.

I am not sure if all of these items are available to everyone or just by preorder to villas guests, but it is possible that cases of water may be available for all guests. Can't remember if someone has asked the Marketplace CMs.
natebenma is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #3409
kurdav
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 73

Water for purchase at BC

For those checking on water for sale at the resorts. I have another suggestion. Try staples.com. Free shipping if you have a staples rewards number. Have it shipped to the resort. I believe there is a handling fee at the resort for delivered packages but probably cheaper than buying individually. They also sell poptarts, K-cups, and other food items.
kurdav is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #3410
julieanddanny
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdav View Post
For those checking on water for sale at the resorts. I have another suggestion. Try staples.com. Free shipping if you have a staples rewards number. Have it shipped to the resort. I believe there is a handling fee at the resort for delivered packages but probably cheaper than buying individually. They also sell poptarts, K-cups, and other food items.
That was my plan, but I figured I'd just grab it there if I was going to have to pay a $10 fee anyway. They were $17 at AoA last year...
__________________
Julie (and DH, DD-10, DS-8 & DD-3)
2/98 Offsite 2/99 Offsite 6/06 ASMovies 6/08 Offsite 4/09 ASMusic 4/11 POR 2/12 CBR 8/12 AoA 2/13 CR/Dream 8/13 YC/GF 2/14 POR/Dream/AoA 11/14 BC 4/15 Dream
julieanddanny is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #3411
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran
 
Rafikifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 921

Moms Only Trip 6/27 - 7/2

Hi everyone. My best friend and I who have always gone to WDW with both families or at least w/ our daughters who are now 23 stayed in a GV room at the BC for 5 nights. First time with just the 2 of us. I started to post a review 2 days ago and it not only was turning into a novel, but I lost power and lost everything I'd typed. I may break this into installments because I can be long winded.

We arrived at Sanford Airport via Allegiant Air at 9:00 Thursday night. Took a towncar service (with one stop at the Hess station which was packed) and arrived at the BC. We have stayed here 3 times before. We did not do online checkin and the only request I had noted on our reservation was full balcony or patio. Check in was a breeze and we were assigned room #1586 with a patio. We loved being close to the Marketplace. Only downfall was that we had a lot of traffic going past our room that could be noisy at times. I really didn't care about little kids' excited voices at 7 a.m. (I needed to wake up anyway!) but a couple times we could have done without loud adult voices in the hall at 1:45 a.m. Still, we were happy with our location and the condition of our room. We were at the very opposite end of the hall that leads to the "secret entrance" and used it many times as we got caught in major downpours several times.

More to come in Pt. 2
Rafikifan is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #3412
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,795

It may be cheaper to pay for a cab to go to Super Target or Walmart and buy the water and stuff there. For Super Target, a cab from Animal Kingdom would be fairly cheap. Directions from there are easy. Animal Kingdom Park to Sherbeth Road and right on 192. If you are buying more than water (ie alcohol, beer, food) it would definitely save you money even if you paid $20-25 each way in cab. And if you can check the list of who is going to be there the same time you are, you could share the cab with one or two other parties and really save money.
__________________
TeenaS is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #3413
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran
 
Rafikifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 921

Moms Only Trip Report 6/27 - 7/2 Pt. 2

After arriving late Thurs. night and not realizing it was already 11 p.m. until we got to the Marketplace and they were just locking the doors we decided to order room service to deliver breakfast the next morning. We ordered way too much food! My friend asked if they would call first which they did. Food was hot and service was friendly. EVERY CM we encountered at the Beach Club was wonderful. Can't say enough about how friendly and accomodating they all were. Big A+ on customer service.

We have enjoyed lots of Disney resorts, but we love Epcot and to be able to walk to and from. We have also always enjoyed SAB especially after a morning at the parks. We got to the pool one afternoon and darn if it didn't start sprinkling as soon as we got there. We tried to will the clouds in the other direction to no avail and soon afterwards even though we were trying to pretend it wasn't about to storm...it did! Pool was closed. This was the theme throughout our stay. So, only experience I had at SAB was that and a few minutes in the hot tub one night to soothe my aching feet. Bit of a bummer but we still enjoyed the Solarium when it rained and the swing on the beach at night looking over at the Boardwalk.

Only real downfall of BC this time: Bus transportation. I have read the complaints here many times. We have stayed at BC x 3, BWI and BWV X2, Swan, and Dolphin so we have done busses many times and although sharing wasn't ideal, it wasn't nearly as bad as this trip. We arrived at the bus stop at 8:20 for AK one morning. Bus pulled up already full of people standing so only a couple of people boarded. After 2 or 3 MK busses pulled up, another AK bus (to BB and AK) pulled up after 30 minutes and it was also standing room only. TWO different afternoons we waited on Downtown Disney busses only to have them arrive full. There were a LOT of complaining people at the bus stop. They need more busses! As I heard one man say at the bus stop. He didn't pay the price of a deluxe resort to get transportation that was worse than any value he had ever stayed at.

We opted a few times to take a taxi which was so much faster. We've always done this over the years, especially when we want to make sure we get to a dinner p.s. on time. Always worked well until Mon. 7/1... Coming in Part 3
Rafikifan is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #3414
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikifan View Post
After arriving late Thurs. night and not realizing it was already 11 p.m. until we got to the Marketplace and they were just locking the doors we decided to order room service to deliver breakfast the next morning. We ordered way too much food! My friend asked if they would call first which they did. Food was hot and service was friendly. EVERY CM we encountered at the Beach Club was wonderful. Can't say enough about how friendly and accomodating they all were. Big A+ on customer service.

We have enjoyed lots of Disney resorts, but we love Epcot and to be able to walk to and from. We have also always enjoyed SAB especially after a morning at the parks. We got to the pool one afternoon and darn if it didn't start sprinkling as soon as we got there. We tried to will the clouds in the other direction to no avail and soon afterwards even though we were trying to pretend it wasn't about to storm...it did! Pool was closed. This was the theme throughout our stay. So, only experience I had at SAB was that and a few minutes in the hot tub one night to soothe my aching feet. Bit of a bummer but we still enjoyed the Solarium when it rained and the swing on the beach at night looking over at the Boardwalk.

Only real downfall of BC this time: Bus transportation. I have read the complaints here many times. We have stayed at BC x 3, BWI and BWV X2, Swan, and Dolphin so we have done busses many times and although sharing wasn't ideal, it wasn't nearly as bad as this trip. We arrived at the bus stop at 8:20 for AK one morning. Bus pulled up already full of people standing so only a couple of people boarded. After 2 or 3 MK busses pulled up, another AK bus (to BB and AK) pulled up after 30 minutes and it was also standing room only. TWO different afternoons we waited on Downtown Disney busses only to have them arrive full. There were a LOT of complaining people at the bus stop. They need more busses! As I heard one man say at the bus stop. He didn't pay the price of a deluxe resort to get transportation that was worse than any value he had ever stayed at.

We opted a few times to take a taxi which was so much faster. We've always done this over the years, especially when we want to make sure we get to a dinner p.s. on time. Always worked well until Mon. 7/1... Coming in Part 3
Make sure when you do your survey that you definitely tell them about the transportation/bus service!!!
__________________
TeenaS is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #3415
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer
 
WDWgirl413's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 152

Hello BC/YC friends! Counting down...15 days to go for a Sunken Treasure! Hahaha. I was wondering if anyone has done the Fantasmic dinner lately?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
WDWgirl413 is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #3416
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac
 
stargazertechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,980

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
Forgive me if these things have been asked before, but we're in the less than a month making sure all our ducks are in a row frenzy...

We're trying to decide whether to order from Garden Grocer...we're taking ME, so no grocery stop, and don't really want to take the time to take a cab somewhere once we get there...

Main essential is water- we go through a lot of it, and it's so expensive in the parks. Do they have any bigger bottles of water in the Marketplace, and if so is there an actual savings over the smaller bottles?

We sometimes order breakfast stuff (and would pretty much have to, to get to the minimum order!)- do all the rooms have a fridge, for putting milk and stuff in?And if so, what's kind of capacity?

Thanks!

We had to take a shelf out, but we fit two gallons of milk, 4 packages of lunch meat, two packs of sliced cheese, a thing of butter, 12 cans of beer, and a 10" cake.
__________________
14 Trips total including POFQ, ASMU, CBR, AKL, WL, POP, and a trip to Disneyland!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #3417
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
page 216-225

A few outstanding questions:


We are north of the city.
Our DD just moved from Brookline to Dorchester. My brother and his family are in Burlington. To keep on topic... they are lovers of the Beach Club too and have stayed with us on a few occasions.
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #3418
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran
 
Rafikifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 921

Moms Only Trip 6/27 - 7/2 Pt. 3

Saving the worst thing that happened on our trip for last but the only reason I'm putting this here is because it is where the rest of my report is and it shows how EVEN when it is NO fault of theirs, the Beach Club staff comes through for it's guests.

Monday, July 1st - Spent the day dodging storms and felt like wet kittens by late afternoon. Friend was starting to get a cold (which she found out turned into sinus infection after dr. visit when we got home.) We really wanted to make the last night a good one and wanted to keep our Shula's reservations. We've had reservations there in the past and it seems like something always comes up to make us cancel. So we took hot showers, and got dressed hoping it wouldn't be rainy when time to head out. Of course it started pouring. Even with a poncho or umbrella when the wind is swirling you're bound to get wet. So we went out front and told the valet we'd like to take a taxi to the Dolphin for our reservations. He called one up. We got in and the cab reeked of cigarette smoke. We told him we were going to the Dolphin resort and he said, "You've got to be Sh*tting me!" It wasn't said in a joking manner, but very rudely. I said, "Don't worry, we will tip you well." to which he responded. "Don't bother!" My friend said, "is there a problem?" He said "Nope." But then in pouring rain he sped, and splashed through puddles to the Dolphin OBVIOUSLY trying to express his anger or scare us or whatever. My friend gave him $12.00 on a $5 fare which everyone including the BC concierge said we shouldn't have given him anything after that treatment but we FULLY intended to tip well when we got in the cab. We understood he wouldn't make money on such a short ride but I don't care if I asked him to take us across the street - he should NOT speak to customers with that language or tone. Plus from my seat behind the passenger side I could see 2 Marlboro cigarette packs next to his seat in plain view. We went to the concierge at the Dolphin and asked if our cab request was unreasonable. He apologized up and down and asked us to please report it to the concierge at the BC when we returned. We did, and although it was not the BC's fault in any way, they apologized and called the Checkered Cab Company and reported the driver and his cab number 653. The staff at the concierge desk seemed to truly care that this jerk had affected our last night in such a negative way. They explained that Disney does not want any outside contactors like these rogue cab drivers making a negative impact on their guests stay and took complaints against these contractors seriously.

Every other taxi experience we have ever had, whether this stay or our 17 others has NEVER been anything like that.
Rafikifan is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #3419
WDWgirl413
Mouseketeer
 
WDWgirl413's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikifan View Post
Saving the worst thing that happened on our trip for last but the only reason I'm putting this here is because it is where the rest of my report is and it shows how EVEN when it is NO fault of theirs, the Beach Club staff comes through for it's guests.

Monday, July 1st - Spent the day dodging storms and felt like wet kittens by late afternoon. Friend was starting to get a cold (which she found out turned into sinus infection after dr. visit when we got home.) We really wanted to make the last night a good one and wanted to keep our Shula's reservations. We've had reservations there in the past and it seems like something always comes up to make us cancel. So we took hot showers, and got dressed hoping it wouldn't be rainy when time to head out. Of course it started pouring. Even with a poncho or umbrella when the wind is swirling you're bound to get wet. So we went out front and told the valet we'd like to take a taxi to the Dolphin for our reservations. He called one up. We got in and the cab reeked of cigarette smoke. We told him we were going to the Dolphin resort and he said, "You've got to be Sh*tting me!" It wasn't said in a joking manner, but very rudely. I said, "Don't worry, we will tip you well." to which he responded. "Don't bother!" My friend said, "is there a problem?" He said "Nope." But then in pouring rain he sped, and splashed through puddles to the Dolphin OBVIOUSLY trying to express his anger or scare us or whatever. My friend gave him $12.00 on a $5 fare which everyone including the BC concierge said we shouldn't have given him anything after that treatment but we FULLY intended to tip well when we got in the cab. We understood he wouldn't make money on such a short ride but I don't care if I asked him to take us across the street - he should NOT speak to customers with that language or tone. Plus from my seat behind the passenger side I could see 2 Marlboro cigarette packs next to his seat in plain view. We went to the concierge at the Dolphin and asked if our cab request was unreasonable. He apologized up and down and asked us to please report it to the concierge at the BC when we returned. We did, and although it was not the BC's fault in any way, they apologized and called the Checkered Cab Company and reported the driver and his cab number 653. The staff at the concierge desk seemed to truly care that this jerk had affected our last night in such a negative way. They explained that Disney does not want any outside contactors like these rogue cab drivers making a negative impact on their guests stay and took complaints against these contractors seriously.

Every other taxi experience we have ever had, whether this stay or our 17 others has NEVER been anything like that.
There are many many times I'd like to chime in on posts I read. I realize there isn't enough time in the busy day to agree or disagree with things I read or add my two cents about everything I feel I need to comment on. I simply bust out laughing or scroll quickly through & continue to lurk. However, this I can't pass on. What an unfortunate experience, especially on your last day. Very un-Disney like. You are a nicer person than me to have STILL tipped well. Even with all good intentions, it would have been exact fare for me, if that. It's possible in the moment I would have requested another driver or walked. Anyway, the taxi's job is to bring you from point A to point B of your request. I don't care if point A is BC & point B is YC. That's why you PAY for the service. You just have to realize that he is probably just a cranky, nasty, short fused, angry (I can go on) person to begin with & you shouldn't let that ruin your vacation memories. Instead you should feel sorry for such a miserable person. I can be nice & ooze pixie dust, most of the time, otherwise I turn into a witch with a b on wheels. Anyway, hope everyone has a magical day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
WDWgirl413 is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #3420
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 906

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just a reminder, if you happen to be at the resort, or in the "World" on Sunday night...


4th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet: Sunday July 7, 2013

Where: Beach Club Solarium (in the hallway near the Marketplace)

Around 6:30-ish

Expected attendees: Disneymomx7 (Robyn), TeenaS, The Magical One, Couchy, Flat Dee & Friends

Be There or Be Square! said Flat Dee, who is more like a rectangle.



Here is a picture from last year's meet:





For more pictures from past meets, check out the Community Page post at the top of Page 2

.
Who is in the pic?
__________________

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.