Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #3316
TwistGrl101
DIS Veteran

So I have a question for all my BC lovers...we haves stayed at BC last 3 trips and are completely obsessed. Our next trip in August 2014 will be myself, DH. DD8, DD6, DS4, DD18mos.
My only problem is that since SAB is so large, DH will mostly be near the big slide, while I'm in the zero entry area with the little one. I feel like we can't even enjoy pool time together.
We were considering trying Poly for next trip, but now hearing about the construction not sure if I want to do that.
Do you guys think we would regret our choice by being all over the place at the pool? Or would we regret it more staying somewhere else?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #3317
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
That clown terrifies me. Very It-ish
Ack! Down heah, we FLOAT!

Me DH DS14 DD12
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #3318
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Beautiful
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #3319
Babooagain
Earning My Ears

All of the live reports and gorgeous pictures are getting me so excited for our trip! We're 45 days out and it was all paid a couple of weeks ago.
I am so glad to hear that Bob is doing well and that they can go to California with Princess Lilly.
This thread is cracking me up tonight! Thanks for all the laughs.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #3320
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Sue : I did get a fast pass . I rode standby and then again with a fast pass at 10:30. Crazy busy this morning. First day without clouds and rain in the am

Ninja mom - thanks so much for all the info. I think I can talk him into this

I am currently at the new bar at hurricane Hannah's . Did you know they have an exclusive bar menu. I just had the ahi tuna for lunch. They also have pork sliders. FYI: you can not get these things at the regular CS hurricane Hannah's . There is an exclusive bar menu !
Way to go with TSMM

How was the Ahi tuna? I was looking at that menu, pork sliders sound pretty good too! I can see its going to take several trips sp good thing I'll be there 12 nights
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #3321
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
What do you do with "room charge" keys while at the pool. My intent was to just take one of the kiddos cards that say how many of us are in the room that we have coded non charging.. however if we all have to have our keys I don't know where to put the keys once we are at the pool area????
We bought those plastic waterproof cases that hang around your neck a few years ago from the resort store. They also work. I use them in the pool & water parks.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #3322
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Johnny Depp is 50 now

I feel old
. And he's all mine

Old 07-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #3323
catho72
DIS Veteran

Hey! Hands off my Johnny Depp in the hot tub! No one was supposed to find us hiding over there.

Ocalla....you pound the daylight out of that creepy clown nose! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets the heeby jeebies from that sadistic-looking face. Eek!

The Catho72 family will be driving themselves (and their bathing suits) so I'll definitely have more $$$ to spend at the bar at SAB and at the kiosk in France. Note to self....pack the dishwashing liquid to wash my refillable mug so I can smuggle slushies back to BC. Buzzy, no matter how much you beg, I will NOT give you a sip!

Thanks for the laugh NM and Dee!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 07-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #3324
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
. And he's all mine
No way Jose! Get in line!! (and no fast passes either!)

Old 07-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #3325
RWathen
MomandDDluvMickey

2 more days!! We visit POR first, but I'm sure I can get a little of the Beach Club feel if Buzzy comes by for a visit. I remember when the countdown calendar on My Disney Experience was over 100 days! I can't believe that on Saturday morning we will be there!

Everyone who's there now, thanks for all the entertainment and updates. It has certainly made the time go faster.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #3326
natebenma
DIS Veteran

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, FRIENDS!!!

Last edited by natebenma; 07-04-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #3327
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistGrl101 View Post
So I have a question for all my BC lovers...we haves stayed at BC last 3 trips and are completely obsessed. Our next trip in August 2014 will be myself, DH. DD8, DD6, DS4, DD18mos.
My only problem is that since SAB is so large, DH will mostly be near the big slide, while I'm in the zero entry area with the little one. I feel like we can't even enjoy pool time together.
We were considering trying Poly for next trip, but now hearing about the construction not sure if I want to do that.
Do you guys think we would regret our choice by being all over the place at the pool? Or would we regret it more staying somewhere else?

Tough question.

Are those the ages your kids will be next summer or are now?

Although SAB offers a lot of varied experiences for different age levels/swimming abilities, I still think you could manage some family pool time.

Would the older kids be content building in the sand for some amount of time? Do you have a ring float for the youngest so you can be in the main pool area for a bit*? Have you used the small slide and pool at the back of the Jib Slide?

Perhaps pixarmom will come by and share her experience with her whole family enjoying that area.

*This might be a good way to enjoy the big slide. One parent with youngest in pool where slide exits. Other parents accompanies other two to slide. Parents switch off so they both get to enjoy the slide.

But I think only you can decide whether it is worth it to have to split up at the pool. You can certainly book at one place and hopefully monitor the construction situation and your kids' personalities and the amount of togetherness that you want in the coming year. Disney is really great about providing flexibility if you decide to change resorts based on changing cirumstances.

Last edited by natebenma; 07-04-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #3328
flafan
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Everyone and Happy 4th

We had another great day yesterday. I think that someone cloned my family or switched their brains or something because they are not the family I drove down here with.
Yesterday started out absolutely beautiful sun shining wonderful. The kids wanted to sleep in (Mom says WHAT!!!!) but I told my self go with the flow it is their vacation too. Hubby and I decide to go to DHS by boat get fast passes for everyone for TOT and RRRC.
Not so fast I should have known better my brain also left me for a bit all members must be in the park to get the passes and you can not have two fast passes at the same time. Bummer so we got 2 passes for the kids and we rode the TOT before heading back for the kids.
This is where my head turns my DD17 calls we r on the boat heading over DHS can you meet us in the front HELLO

We rode RRRC then got fast passes for later
Kids rode TOT with the fast passes from earlier
Great Movie Ride (DS needed to rest)
Lunch at The Commisary (everyone liked it)
Went back to napped ( around 1:30)
Went swimming then got ready for our ADR at Kona
Got to Polynesian it was crazy packed had to valet park because not one spot in lot
Kids were not hungry so we got Lapu Lapus for everyone (pricey but Delish)
Watched the fireworks from the beach they were so beautiful
Walking out everyone said thank you so much Mom this has been the best day so far
I was thinking we didn't see much or ride much so I was really surprised but to them it was perfect and now I have to agree I just love it here
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
Old 07-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #3329
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Good Morning Everyone and Happy 4th

We had another great day yesterday. I think that someone cloned my family or switched their brains or something because they are not the family I drove down here with.
Yesterday started out absolutely beautiful sun shining wonderful. The kids wanted to sleep in (Mom says WHAT!!!!) but I told my self go with the flow it is their vacation too. Hubby and I decide to go to DHS by boat get fast passes for everyone for TOT and RRRC.
Not so fast I should have known better my brain also left me for a bit all members must be in the park to get the passes and you can not have two fast passes at the same time. Bummer so we got 2 passes for the kids and we rode the TOT before heading back for the kids.
This is where my head turns my DD17 calls we r on the boat heading over DHS can you meet us in the front HELLO

We rode RRRC then got fast passes for later
Kids rode TOT with the fast passes from earlier
Great Movie Ride (DS needed to rest)
Lunch at The Commisary (everyone liked it)
Went back to napped ( around 1:30)
Went swimming then got ready for our ADR at Kona
Got to Polynesian it was crazy packed had to valet park because not one spot in lot
Kids were not hungry so we got Lapu Lapus for everyone (pricey but Delish)
Watched the fireworks from the beach they were so beautiful
Walking out everyone said thank you so much Mom this has been the best day so far
I was thinking we didn't see much or ride much so I was really surprised but to them it was perfect and now I have to agree I just love it here
Great post!

Thanks again for continuing to include us on your trip with live reports.

Last edited by natebenma; 07-04-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #3330
flafan
Mouseketeer

Your welcome natebenma

I love sharing right now I am doing laundry because DD17 has NOTHING to wear Argghhhhhhhh
Tonight we have a Fantasmic Dinner package and we r so excited so not sure what to do this morning either head to Epcot for Soaring or Animal Kjngdom for Expedition Everest
Ill keep you all posted.
Also wanted to say Great News to Teena glad Bob is feeling better.
I have so many photos I would love to post but can not figure out how to do it from my phone Iphone4
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
Closed Thread