Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #316
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Thanks EagleScout, that helps. It is what it is right?? A day at Disney with flies is still better then a day at work right?? We'll be there tomorrow!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #317
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

I just want to thank you to the OP and whoever else keeps this thread updated with information.
We are staying BC SV CL at the end of August. I was originally booked for GF through an amazing deal through a TA, but when I asked about switching to another resort (YC because that was where he originally quoted me this great deal) he told me had a cancellation for BC so I jumped on it. My hands were literally shaking as I emailed him back to say yes
Not that the GF wouldn't have been amazing, but BC is so us! I'm not excited about the sv, but if looking at a parking lot or rooftop means I get to stay at BC I'll take it.
My kids and dh don't know I have made the switch and I want to find a way to let them know by leaving clues and see if they get it before our trip or not until we arrive. They still think we are booked at GF and while they were super excited about WDW, they weren't overly excited about that resort.
I really want to purchase David Doss' Beach Club print before we go and hang it in the family room and see if they notice. If I cant find it (which I am finding it hard too) can anyone who has been there recently tell me if they have seen it in the shop at BC? Is it possible to call them directly to order something or can I call Disney merchandising even if our trip hasn't happened yet? Sorry for all the questions, but I figured some of the WDW veterans would know
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #318
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
We also arrive Friday and hope they have swarmed out of WDW by then. Nothing we can do about it. Hopefully, as temperatures increase the population will drop back to normal. And remember, it is the internet. People tend to focus on the exciting and dramatic!
Ha ha true. It does give me hope that a few people have posted and said they didn't notice them. I'm going to do a quick search on natural repellents though and see if there are any tricks just in case.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #319
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

I just upgraded from YC Standard View to YC GV CL! This will be a surprise to DH for our trip in October. I also added an extra day
We've stayed at YC twice before, but only SV. What specific room requests could I make? We wouldn't be concerned with having a room far from the elevator, just want the best view/room for my "splurge"
Thanks for all of the great ideas and chatter! Helps the 158 days move a little faster!!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away
Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #320
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Bumping this up!

The only type of transportation I have taken from MCO to BC is ME, and it was about an hour and a half both times (10 am landing). Not sure if the time would be more or less at night.

I'm a big fan of ME, especially the luggage delivery, but I can see where it may be a harder decision with an evening arrival, since delivery could be up to 3 hours after you arrive.

For a rental car, you have the added time to deal with the paperwork, but I bet it is pretty quick.

Limo service would be the quickest way. We used a livery company to get us from MCO to Portofino at Universal a couple of years ago. They were waiting for us with a sign, and as soon as we collected our luggage, we were off and at the resort in about 45 minutes.
Thanks Dee!!!

What I decided to do was to rent a car for the duration of the time we'll be at YC that way I'll have it to move to SSR and can go groc shopping after I checkin over there. When we land I can grab the car and DH can grab the luggage. On drop off day DH can hang with some/all of the kids at SAB/CL Lounge or wherever till I am done (estimated around 7pm) that night. I rented from National and chose my dropoff to be the Dolphin so it would be super easy to meet my family! This way we won't have to worry about being awoken at 1am with ME luggage or wait for our luggage & bring it with us pushing out or arrival at YC. I have rented at MCO before and IIRC it was very quick to do, like within 30 minutes of landing I had keys and everything else taken care of.

FWIW, from doing a bit of research you are able to do airline checkin regardless of weather you are using ME or not. Also you can choose to use ME only one way (but you can't use ME for a luggage only service "technically" though some do it anyway )

Our August '13 LIVE!!! TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154496
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #321
Disney Dukers
Mouseketeer

You guys are all amazing! I watch this thread like a hawk! I'm always learning something new for my families first ever Deluxe Yacht Club Vacation! I don't usually post but I had to this morning....double digits starting today! We started at 200 so it was so exciting for my family this morning to see 99!!!

2008 Best Western Lakeside - Kissimmee
2009 Regal Sun - Downtown Disney
2011 Pop Century - Disney World
2013 Yacht Club - Disney World
2014 SpringHill Suites - Disneyland
2015 Next trip...Wildnerness Lodge & Polynesian!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #322
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
I just upgraded from YC Standard View to YC GV CL! This will be a surprise to DH for our trip in October. I also added an extra day
We've stayed at YC twice before, but only SV. What specific room requests could I make? We wouldn't be concerned with having a room far from the elevator, just want the best view/room for my "splurge"
Thanks for all of the great ideas and chatter! Helps the 158 days move a little faster!!
I would probably request a view of the wedding gazebo. We've had that view in non-CL GV room and it was very nice.

On a side note..... every time we have booked a GV CL room, we've been upgraded to Lagoon View. There aren't very many GV CL rooms, so you may get upgraded as well. Good Luck!

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #323
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
I'm really upset about this now. I have major anxiety about flies. I mean one or two I can manage and walk away, but swarms of them like they are talking about I can't fathom. And we arrive Friday! A friend in Orlando mentioned this to me a couple days ago and I thought she was exaggerating until I read this. I hope it gets better soon.
I'm here now and agree, the flies are everywhere. I didn't know if others were noticing or it it were just me. It's not only at BC, either.they are in restaurants and the parks as well. There's nothing like a $150 dinner at ohana with flies buzzing around your head. Then there are the love bugs too...
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #324
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:

See, I consider leaving a messy house as a deterrent to burglars- when they peek through my windows, they will think the home has already been ransacked!

Hey...I like your thinking. I have been going about this all wrong for years. I may need to make some changes about this. Hmmmmm!

Jan (3 more days)

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #325
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Happy Birthday!!! My birthday is at the end of the month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Happy Happy Birthday!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Happy Birthday and have fun next week
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Happy Birthday!!
Quote:

I missed the actual day, but hope you had a great birthday!

THANKS SO MUCH!!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #326
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See, I consider leaving a messy house as a deterrent to burglars- when they peek through my windows, they will think the home has already been ransacked!

A messy house is the international symbol to all burglars that you have children!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
SNIP! (Flies) not generally swarming and many meals fly free.
I'd just like to point out that MANY of these flies DO NOT have ADR'S and hopefully will not be able to get into the restaurants. I know the Flies in my house made the call at 180 days out from their reservation and they couldn't even get Le Cellier or Be Our Guest at the MK! There was much grumbling amongst the flies because they "Always eat Counter Service" and were looking to upgrade their dining during vacation.

When flies go on vacation conventional wisdom (Or at least Ninja Mom wisdom) tells us that they always book the Deluxe Dining Package..... however many flies have not caught on that the best value for their 'Fly Dollar' is spent using this package with the 2 table service credit, hoity toity type of restaurants.

A perennial Fly favorite are the many buffets at WDW. Once the Flies get wind of the "all you care to eat" aspect of these establishments their little compound eyes roll back in their heads, which is really difficult for a fly if you think about it, and they start rubbing their legs together in anticipation.

No self respecting fly would book the cheapie, "Quick Service Dining Plan" as for Flies, this is a waste of money when they can just follow around all the drunks at the Food and Wine Festival (Another Fly favorite!!) and eat off of all the food they spill on the ground.

So essentially, what we have here, is that much like the tour groups and the cheer groups (and the drunk groups at Food and Whine), It is Fly season. Obviously Disney saw a financial opportunity and decided to piggy back the fly booking season onto the lovebug booking season and start a new trend amongst vacationing insects. It's a bugs life after all! Disney's only in it for the money so this is the only logical explanation....right?

~NM
Old 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #327
maa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
A messy house is the international symbol to all burglars that you have children!

I'd just like to point out that MANY of these flies DO NOT have ADR'S and hopefully will not be able to get into the restaurants. I know the Flies in my house made the call at 180 days out from their reservation and they couldn't even get Le Cellier or Be Our Guest at the MK! There was much grumbling amongst the flies because they "Always eat Counter Service" and were looking to upgrade their dining during vacation.

When flies go on vacation conventional wisdom (Or at least Ninja Mom wisdom) tells us that they always book the Deluxe Dining Package..... however many flies have not caught on that the best value for their 'Fly Dollar' is spent using this package with the 2 table service credit, hoity toity type of restaurants.

A perennial Fly favorite are the many buffets at WDW. Once the Flies get wind of the "all you care to eat" aspect of these establishments their little compound eyes roll back in their heads, which is really difficult for a fly if you think about it, and they start rubbing their legs together in anticipation.

No self respecting fly would book the cheapie, "Quick Service Dining Plan" as for Flies, this is a waste of money when they can just follow around all the drunks at the Food and Wine Festival (Another Fly favorite!!) and eat off of all the food they spill on the ground.

So essentially, what we have here, is that much like the tour groups and the cheer groups (and the drunk groups at Food and Whine), It is Fly season. Obviously Disney saw a financial opportunity and decided to piggy back the fly booking season onto the lovebug booking season and start a new trend amongst vacationing insects. It's a bugs life after all! Disney's only in it for the money so this is the only logical explanation....right?

~NM
Old 05-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #328
ocalla
DIS Veteran

to Garden Grocer or not.....

usually order water, powerade, chips, sunscreen from them, but not sure if I want to this year or not.

Does the BC Marketplace sell cases of water? packs of powerade?

If so, does anyone know the price?

TIA
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 05-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #329
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

[SNIP]

~NM

Hilarious!!!

At least it is not locusts! That would give the term "park hoppers" a whole different meaning.

Last edited by natebenma; 05-14-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #330
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
to Garden Grocer or not.....

usually order water, powerade, chips, sunscreen from them, but not sure if I want to this year or not.

Does the BC Marketplace sell cases of water? packs of powerade?

If so, does anyone know the price?

TIA

I have price list for BCV guests who want want to pre-order grocery items. I'm guessing the prices are essentially the same as in the Marketplace. There is a $10 service fee for providing this service, BTW.

24 pack of 12 oz. bottles of Dasani water $16.00

Powerade, 20 oz. bottle, $3.19- I don't see these offered in packs

If someone who is visiting now or soon doesn't mind checking to see if guests can buy a case of water through the Marketplace, we would appreciate the info!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: