Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #301
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am freaking out a little right now, read the 'attack of the flies' thread!! Can Teena or anyone at the BC now tell me if the flies are a problem there at the pool? It sounds horrible! I will link to the thread if I can.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3110405
Old 05-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #302
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

Arriving late Wednesday evening for a "Mom and Daughter" trip with my Mom!

Staying off-site at a relative's house but I will wave at all of you who are at YC-BC as we pass them on the boat from DHS to Epcot!

Trip #33...December 2014 at POFQ...Holiday decorations trip!

Trip #34...February 2015...our 6th Princess Half Marathon...doing the Glass Slipper challenge!

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #303
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post
So happy today, not only is it my birthday! but it's also ONE WEEK TIL DISNEY!
Happy Birthday!!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 05-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #304
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay, I am freaking out a little right now, read the 'attack of the flies' thread!! Can Teena or anyone at the BC now tell me if the flies are a problem there at the pool? It sounds horrible! I will link to the thread if I can.

I'm really upset about this now. I have major anxiety about flies. I mean one or two I can manage and walk away, but swarms of them like they are talking about I can't fathom. And we arrive Friday! A friend in Orlando mentioned this to me a couple days ago and I thought she was exaggerating until I read this. I hope it gets better soon.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #305
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless
So, I have been agonizing about whether or not we are actually going to book our trip in late August, and THEN the discounts came out! There was only BC LV rooms available, and our friends want CL (and I would much rather pay more for CL than for a view), so I checked YC and they had availability with the discount! Looked at the flights and I think I can make it work (DD is flying from out west where she is visiting my sister and we can meet in the airport halfway and all fly down together!). Called and the airline is trying to revive a dearly departed travel credit from March 2012, and if so I will try to book the flight down tomorrow! Yee haaaaaawwwww...

Texted my friend and she said that her DS is obsessed with boats so they would prefer the YC, so they called and switched to YC CL and saved about $1000! We put on our reservation to have rooms close to each other. We all went out to a fundraiser on Saturday night and DH seemed to be getting excited about it (when he and the other husband started talking about a tee time!)

They are committed park tourers and do not want to discuss heading back to the resort for a rest in the afternoon. We will get along just fine. Now to get together on ADRs!! DD wants to book Coral Reef so I will try to arrange that.

Also, I am booking a day early because with the coordination with DD's flight, we are limited in our flights in to MCO. We will have to arrive at 11:30 p.m. and our friends are arriving at 1 pm on Saturday. So, I want to book travel time for FRIDAY and stay at Pop one night, then transfer to the YC. I'm hoping that they will allow us to have our bags sent directly to the YC and that we can hop ME to Pop for the night, then get a cab to the YC in the morning. I know we won't be able to check in until 3, but I'm hoping careful packing will make it less painful. We will pay another $125 for one night at Pop but we get ONE FULL DAY MORE AT DISNEY. Why not???

Once I book the flight, it will be more real... SO EXCITED.
That sounds like such have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless
Did I mention that we are going to try to surprise the kids???? The other family's kids know they are going, but NOT that we are going with them! The kids are BFFs and we have traveled together before. They will LOSE IT.
They're gonna flip, AWESOME!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:38 AM   #306
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
I know I'm a day late but just wanted to wish all the awesome moms out there a Happy Mother's Day! Thank God for all of you because we men couldn't survive a day without you!

I hope you all had an awesome day yesterday!

Jay
That was such a lovely thing to say Wasn't mother's day here (ours was in March) but you really made me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Just got off the phone with Disney to book our December trip. No rooms at the Boardwalk or yacht Club club level with my discount, but we got a lagoon view at the Beach Club!! I got 2 rooms with my cast discount and the dinning plan!!!!! So very excited. We are taking my son and his family and neither of us has stayed at the Beach Club before.

I know the lounge is small, we loved the Boardwalk for the large lounge for the entire family to sit and enjoy their breakfast. Is the lounge really that small that we won't be able to sit to eat?

So excited to have another trip booked.
We holidayed with friends a couple of years ago and while busy we always got a table
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
See you there! At the moment I have suitcases and clothing everywhere. I need to start throwing things into the suitcases and then clean my house. I don't want any burglars to think I''m a slob!

Jan
Me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Did I mention that we are going to try to surprise the kids???? The other family's kids know they are going, but NOT that we are going with them! The kids are BFFs and we have traveled together before. They will LOSE IT.
Brilliant!!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #307
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
It is but not with characters and usually not with screaming children. You should see the HDDR show at least once...

Q for those in the know...we arrive at MCO at 8pm. What time can we expect to make it to YC if we take:
1.) ME
2.) Rental car
3.) limo service

Is it possible to do airline check in and not do ME?

I know I can ask the transportation board but figured one of y'all may know as well.
Bumping this up!

The only type of transportation I have taken from MCO to BC is ME, and it was about an hour and a half both times (10 am landing). Not sure if the time would be more or less at night.

I'm a big fan of ME, especially the luggage delivery, but I can see where it may be a harder decision with an evening arrival, since delivery could be up to 3 hours after you arrive.

For a rental car, you have the added time to deal with the paperwork, but I bet it is pretty quick.

Limo service would be the quickest way. We used a livery company to get us from MCO to Portofino at Universal a couple of years ago. They were waiting for us with a sign, and as soon as we collected our luggage, we were off and at the resort in about 45 minutes.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #308
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 17-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Just got off the phone with Disney to book our December trip. No rooms at the Boardwalk or yacht Club club level with my discount, but we got a lagoon view at the Beach Club!! I got 2 rooms with my cast discount and the dinning plan!!!!! So very excited. We are taking my son and his family and neither of us has stayed at the Beach Club before.

I know the lounge is small, we loved the Boardwalk for the large lounge for the entire family to sit and enjoy their breakfast. Is the lounge really that small that we won't be able to sit to eat?

So excited to have another trip booked.
I love having a trip in the hopper! You have two (although one is SOON)!

back- I'll add you to the guest list for December.

We always hit the BC club lounge at opening, 7 am, for breakfast and there were always tables then, but I don't know what it is like later in the morning.

We only hit the appetizer offerings a few times. I can't remember if we tried to get a table or not or if we just picked a few things and went back to our room- our choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimemom View Post
We just booked the BC for Nov. We got a pin code for free dining- we're not big DDP fans but free is free! Of course we overcompensated by booking a deluxe room. We've never stayed at the BC before so we're looking forward to exploring a new resort.

Has anyone done an illuminations cruise? In all of our trips we've ever seen Illuminations and I'm thinking about doing this for our kids who turn 14 and 16 while we're there.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Here is one description of the Illuminations cruise from eandesmom's trip report from 2011:

Illuminations cruises are also available for hire. Reservations are strongly suggested and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

Illuminations Cruise Review by eandesmom:
Boat Drinks
Boat Drinks, continued

It sounds really nice- but I think last time someone asked this, I read a few comments that seemed to indicate the Wishes cruises were better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
We did and IllumiNations cruise several years ago and it was awesome! The kids enjoyed it so much that they keep asking to do it again. The boat launches from the YC marina then travels over to DHS to see Mickey atop of the mountain at the end of Fantasmic. Then it goes over to Epcot for IllumiNations. You sit just on the other side of the bridge in the lagoon so you have a front row seat to the festivities. Light snacks are included on your cruise....pop, water, chips, pretzels, etc.

It's pretty costly but it's a wonderful experience!
Thanks for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
So excited we just changed our reservation from YC Standard room to BC GV CL!! Leaving in 2 days. May 15-18. So here's my question. We will probably be gettin to the BC around 10:30 do u think the lounge will still have breakfast out or should we grab breakfast instead at the airport?
Great upgrade!!! Have a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
See you there! At the moment I have suitcases and clothing everywhere. I need to start throwing things into the suitcases and then clean my house. I don't want any burglars to think I''m a slob!

Jan
See, I consider leaving a messy house as a deterrent to burglars- when they peek through my windows, they will think the home has already been ransacked!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #309
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Thanks Dee. My daughter and her family are now joining us too. My son-in-law is able to get leave, he is active duty, so now they are coming too! We will all be there the 3rd to the 10th. They are all excited to try SAB, hope it will be good weather to use it!

Almost ready to leave for the airport. Will update while there!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #310
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
I'm really upset about this now. I have major anxiety about flies. I mean one or two I can manage and walk away, but swarms of them like they are talking about I can't fathom. And we arrive Friday! A friend in Orlando mentioned this to me a couple days ago and I thought she was exaggerating until I read this. I hope it gets better soon.
We also arrive Friday and hope they have swarmed out of WDW by then. Nothing we can do about it. Hopefully, as temperatures increase the population will drop back to normal. And remember, it is the internet. People tend to focus on the exciting and dramatic!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #311
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 19-21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
Just got an email from TA. She was able to switch us from YC to BC. Hopefully, that will make the daughter a bit more happy.
Awesome!!! I'll update your entry on the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
We're also staying bc GV CL for 3 nights this weds. I'm happy to share pics of the lounge and the room views if you want
Fantastic!!! I appreciate it. Have a wonderful trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post
So happy today, not only is it my birthday! but it's also ONE WEEK TIL DISNEY!
I missed the actual day, but hope you had a great birthday!

Quote:
So, I have been agonizing about whether or not we are actually going to book our trip in late August, and THEN the discounts came out! There was only BC LV rooms available, and our friends want CL (and I would much rather pay more for CL than for a view), so I checked YC and they had availability with the discount! Looked at the flights and I think I can make it work (DD is flying from out west where she is visiting my sister and we can meet in the airport halfway and all fly down together!). Called and the airline is trying to revive a dearly departed travel credit from March 2012, and if so I will try to book the flight down tomorrow! Yee haaaaaawwwww...

Texted my friend and she said that her DS is obsessed with boats so they would prefer the YC, so they called and switched to YC CL and saved about $1000!
Quote:
What great news, and an incredible surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly princess View Post
Hello...

DH and I have booked our 1st stay at the BC! We are so excited, but have a few random questions....

When busing to MK how many stops are on BC/YC bus route?
Can you float around in Storm along bay in an inner tube?
What is the best part of the staying at the BC?

Thank you!
Poly

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. June trip?

Our trips from BC to YC have been in July, always first thing in the morning (7:30 am) and the buses went direct to MK. It can vary based on time of year and time of day.

You can definitely go around the lazy river in an inner tube, but except for very young children, it must be one of the ones from the resort. There is a rental fee of $3/hour or $10/day for the tubes. Someone recently reported that the tubes were out and accessible without the rental fee.

As Mousemommy1 said- best part of staying at BC/YC is the location- so very easy to get to EP and HS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
This is a chatty group! Going to try to keep up with the thread but it moves F.......ast!
No snoozing allowed on this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS-OH View Post
Arriving late Wednesday evening for a "Mom and Daughter" trip with my Mom!

Staying off-site at a relative's house but I will wave at all of you who are at YC-BC as we pass them on the boat from DHS to Epcot!
That's what I did when I was on the class trip in June, staying at ASMo- took the boat from EP to HS, waved to my resort, and took about a gazillion pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Quote:
Teena is in Vegas right now, so she can't answer. For anyone at the resort or at the World right now, can you let us know what you are experiencing?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #312
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703

We are at BC now - got here Saturday. Tried to include a lot of details below, but summary-maybe a few more than normal right at some food locales (and I mean literally just a few more b/c remember none previously- ie, a few is more than none), but not generally swarming and many meals fly free. We spent about 3 hrs on sat afternoon at sab (including ordering lunch and sitting right at hurricane hannah's to eat it), and did not notice any flies, other than a few right at eating area-but only trying to come near food (ie, not swarming generally)-maybe a few more than I remembered in past, but less than many picnics I have attended in Ohio or ny. I noticed literally none when we went sat night to eat our way around epcot (other than some congregated on a pile of barbeque spilled on floor near smokehouse kiosk) and literally one or two sort of near us trying to eat at tables there, but did not sit at any restaurants, just getting food at kiosks and walking around. Sunday we noticed none -or certainly very few-at ak, including eating outdoors, but we only did africa (safari and pangani and the animal exhibits near discovery island). We noticed none sun night at boardwalk, including eating inside kouzzina completely fly-free (their new ad should be "at least we don't have vermin!). Mon morning - captains grille - fly free. Monday my family went to mk (I had to work during day) -they did not mention flies, but they did not stay long due to surprisingly long lines -even 50 mins for small world (but did eat outside). Mon night we went to epcot to stroll and eat - only noticed a few flies inside japan quick service - which may have been a first (don't remember flies previously)- but was literally just a few and not whole meal. And did not notice any at maelstrom or at the outside food kiosks we visited. And last night went to beaches/cream and saw none, either inside restaurant or during our stroll. Also have seen none at the little "picnic" area outside behind marketplace, near dvc and solarium, and we have eaten several meals there this week.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #313
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout

We are at BC now - got here Saturday. Tried to include a lot of details below, but summary-maybe a few more than normal right at some food locales (and I mean literally just a few more b/c remember none previously- ie, a few is more than none), but not generally swarming and many meals fly free. We spent about 3 hrs on sat afternoon at sab (including ordering lunch and sitting right at hurricane hannah's to eat it), and did not notice any flies, other than a few right at eating area-but only trying to come near food (ie, not swarming generally)-maybe a few more than I remembered in past, but less than many picnics I have attended in Ohio or ny. I noticed literally none when we went sat night to eat our way around epcot (other than some congregated on a pile of barbeque spilled on floor near smokehouse kiosk) and literally one or two sort of near us trying to eat at tables there, but did not sit at any restaurants, just getting food at kiosks and walking around. Sunday we noticed none -or certainly very few-at ak, including eating outdoors, but we only did africa (safari and pangani and the animal exhibits near discovery island). We noticed none sun night at boardwalk, including eating inside kouzzina completely fly-free (their new ad should be "at least we don't have vermin!). Mon morning - captains grille - fly free. Monday my family went to mk (I had to work during day) -they did not mention flies, but they did not stay long due to surprisingly long lines -even 50 mins for small world (but did eat outside). Mon night we went to epcot to stroll and eat - only noticed a few flies inside japan quick service - which may have been a first (don't remember flies previously)- but was literally just a few and not whole meal. And did not notice any at maelstrom or at the outside food kiosks we visited. And last night went to beaches/cream and saw none, either inside restaurant or during our stroll. Also have seen none at the little "picnic" area outside behind marketplace, near dvc and solarium, and we have eaten several meals there this week.
Quick revision - apparently there were a very noticeable amount of flies at mk - my wife just did not mention b/c focused on long lines (and our son's "spirited" behavior), but they did have good time with what they saw. And then she added that she noticed the flies at epcot too - but not ak. As I said, I noticed some at epcot, but only very isolated to some food sitting areas, but was memorable b/c typically none.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #314
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout

Quick revision - apparently there were a very noticeable amount of flies at mk - my wife just did not mention b/c focused on long lines (and our son's "spirited" behavior), but they did have good time with what they saw. And then she added that she noticed the flies at epcot too - but not ak. As I said, I noticed some at epcot, but only very isolated to some food sitting areas, but was memorable b/c typically none.
Sorry - quick revision (part two) - although mk had noticeable flies, only in comparison to past when essentially none, and was not too bad at cosmic rays
Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #315
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

You're a billion pages into the new thread already, but I'm finally here! Onto what little info I have to offer.

Quote:
Just got back from Disney last week and we had a fair number of flies at the BLT pool. I wonder if there are people on the "flies are everywhere" thread mistaking lovebugs for flies. MK was filled with lovebugs (especially on the bridge to Be Our Guest), but we didn't have an issue with actual flies at the parks. The lovebugs are normal for this time of year and start to peter out as the month rolls along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Bumping this up!

The only type of transportation I have taken from MCO to BC is ME, and it was about an hour and a half both times (10 am landing). Not sure if the time would be more or less at night.

I'm a big fan of ME, especially the luggage delivery, but I can see where it may be a harder decision with an evening arrival, since delivery could be up to 3 hours after you arrive.

For a rental car, you have the added time to deal with the paperwork, but I bet it is pretty quick.

Limo service would be the quickest way. We used a livery company to get us from MCO to Portofino at Universal a couple of years ago. They were waiting for us with a sign, and as soon as we collected our luggage, we were off and at the resort in about 45 minutes.
DME takes about 90 minutes from the time you get off the plane until when you get to the resort. So you would theoretically arrive at your resort around 9:30.

Rental car would probably get you there about 9. And a limo would get you there around 8:45.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: