Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #3031
kandb
DIS Veteran

We are going to have the ddp, where will we be able to get coffee in the am? I know there is no food court at BC, will we be able to fill our mugs ourselves? Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #3032
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
We are going to have the ddp, where will we be able to get coffee in the am? I know there is no food court at BC, will we be able to fill our mugs ourselves? Thanks
At the Marketplace.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #3033
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Our packing dialog:
DW>Which of these shirts do you want to wear?
Me> That one. That one. And that one.
DW> OK. Get out of the way.
That's me too. Only I don't ask him what he wants to bring. I just pack it!!! My hubby knows when I'm in full on packing mode it's best not to get in my way or to get into my line of vision. 31 days!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #3034
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Oooh! Very cool. The Beach Club was in the top 10 family hotels in the country on Trip Advisor!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Family

Old 06-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #3035
natebenma
DIS Veteran

YC: Shaded balcony in the Afternoon

Good morning friends!

I found this question on the resort boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlizzardBeachGirl View Post
Hello, I have a question for YC room location experts.

We want a lower-floor room w/shaded balcony in the afternoon. The most important part of the request is shaded balcony.

We've booked garden-view room. Assuming room request granted, where in the resort would we find ourselves?

Can this room request be accommodated and still be close the lobby area?

Looking forward to our July trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I am not positive about the answer to your question. I think the garden view rooms are located throughout the resort so your best bet is probably to add your request in words by calling CRO at Disney

"Shaded balcony (no afternoon sun), lower floor"

How soon is your trip? Have you done the online checkin? I suggest that you don't and you discuss your request when you are checking in- ask the CM where your room is located.

I am going to post this on the FAQ board to see if the folks over there have any input about what your best chance and way to word your request will be.

Dee

I am very directionally challenged. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so I think this poster wants an east facing balcony, right?

I do know that Epcot/Mexico is EAST of the resort
(Teena, do you remember why I know that- answer in the next post)

So would it make sense to the room assignor to phrase the request like this:

"Shaded balcony (no afternoon sun), please. Lower floor if possible" or

"Room facing east/towards EPCOT, please. Lower floor if possible"

YC GV peeps- have you had a room with afternoon shade? Where was it?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #3036
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you we are here and have a great sv cl room overlooking back entrance. We can see the high fireworks and have a great sideways view of lagoon!

It's great to be home! Room was clean and no problems. Lived appetizers in lounge last night and dd was thrilled there were Oreo Bon bons too!

Off to MK today and BOG for dinner. Early CP reservation this morning

Should see Teena this afternoon

I will try and check in later

Any questions?

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 06-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #3037
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Why do I know that EPCOT is EAST of the Beach Club?

During my very first trip to the Beach Club, when I met Teena, there was a space shuttle launch scheduled for the night we arrived. That launch was scrubbed due to weather, but Teena told us when it was rescheduled and that we could see it by looking to the east (towards Mexico in EPCOT). We happened to have dinner at Le Cellier that night, and our checkin was just a few minutes after the launch, so we watched from Canada as the shuttle lifted off right before our dinner that night.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #3038
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you we are here and have a great sv cl room overlooking back entrance. We can see the high fireworks and have a great sideways view of lagoon!

It's great to be home! Room was clean and no problems. Lived appetizers in lounge last night and dd was thrilled there were Oreo Bon bons too!

Any questions?
Welcome Home!!!

No questions right now.

Love the back entrance view- such great people watching.

Have fun!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #3039
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Oooh! Very cool. The Beach Club was in the top 10 family hotels in the country on Trip Advisor!

That is VERY cool!

I guess the secret is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
At the Marketplace.
As Teena said, the Marketplace is where you can get coffee and other refill beverages. I believe it is open at 6:30 for drinks, then 7 am for breakfast items. Closes at 11 pm.

There is also real, brewed coffee available at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club in the mornings. There is information about that on Page 1, Post 14 (Other Useful Info). That is another refill station in the morning and has Continental Breakfast items like pastry and fruit.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #3040
natebenma
DIS Veteran

BUMPING

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
I feel that this has been addressed before but can't find anything in the old threads either. I really want to purchase the mattress we had and I thought I had all the info (wanted to the last time we stayed but did not get the info). I believe I remember somebody, maybe Teena indicating that it's hard to tell the brand etc. because mattresses get replaced all of the time.

They have the info in the hotel packet and says that it can be ordered thru the Disney Resort Collection. When going to the website indicated it redirects you to the Disney site to purchase theme park merchandise and no where can I find the resort products of any kind that are featured in the hotel packet.

To make it a little more convoluted - I took down the name on the mattress- Sealy Encore CSS Plush, which is different than what is listed in the packet. I have found both the Encore and the ones in the packet on-line at a variety of websites- so they are different Sealy models and still available. I also have the model number and have inquired with the companies and waiting for a response.

Finally to my question... the Encore CSS Plush also comes with a pillow top. I don't know if I didn't write this down or if it was not a pillow top. I can't remember what it looked like - should have taken a picture. We were BC CL- 5706. Can anyone tell me if they have an Encore mattress in their room and if it has a pillow top? The model number that I wrote down was #503156.

I know this is a bit crazy but hubby has a bad back and he really liked it - made his back feel great the whole week! Nothing we have found locally has seemed to do the trick after a lot of looking.
This is a longshot of a question.

I wonder if you would have any success by emailing IPO to see if they could find out for you. Or to contact one of the club level CMs that you met during your trip. Perhaps they could check with housekeeping to see what is in that room.

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #3041
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
pages 198-200

Thanks!

Even though you will be at POR and the Swan, I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. We are equal opportunity celebrators!

Thanks Dee! I will miss not staying at Y&BC but in addition to visiting with Teena (and Pete!), I plan to get a Sunken Treasure, maybe dine there once or twice and do a little shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Our packing dialog:
DW>Which of these shirts do you want to wear?
Me> That one. That one. And that one.
DW> OK. Get out of the way.
This cracked me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post

Very cool indeed!!

Quote:
Hi guys!

Any questions?
Hi Robyn! Thanks for checking in with us. You got a great room! Love those Bon bons!!

Kerry
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983

Last edited by LovintheLodge; 06-30-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #3042
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning friends!

I found this question on the resort boards.

"Room facing east/towards EPCOT, please. Lower floor if possible"

YC GV peeps- have you had a room with afternoon shade? Where was it?
I'm terrible with my directionality also, but think you are right in your direction-ness.
As for the covered part, due to the architecture of YC, all the rooms have covered balconies/patios, and in fact, some of them (like our room in April) have an awning as well.

Quote:
Hi guys!

Any questions?
Based on your description, you must be right next to the suite we were in last summer! Ah, memories! Ioved the peacefulness of BC in that view, but a bit beyond, all the glittery lights of the BoardWalk. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #3043
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys!

Any questions?
Have fun!!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #3044
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why do I know that EPCOT is EAST of the Beach Club?

During my very first trip to the Beach Club, when I met Teena, there was a space shuttle launch scheduled for the night we arrived. That launch was scrubbed due to weather, but Teena told us when it was rescheduled and that we could see it by looking to the east (towards Mexico in EPCOT). We happened to have dinner at Le Cellier that night, and our checkin was just a few minutes after the launch, so we watched from Canada as the shuttle lifted off right before our dinner that night.
That is very cool!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #3045
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share. Finished paying off both CL rooms for September last night! Now I just need to pay off the Villa. The trip seems more real now. I am so excited to be going to the Beach Club and sharing it with my family. I can't wait to play with my grandsons in SAB.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: