Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #2971
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Here is a pic that is a couple years old of DH= Wil and myself = Beth
We look relatively the same just a few years older

We will be at SAB alot and I will have my black and white mickey beach bag and will probably be sipping on something fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Awesome! Can't wait! I'll post live while I'm there and tell people where i'm sitting by SAB if anyone else checks dis while on vacation!

~Nannette
I definitely will be on the Dis, so I will keep a eye out for your location updates. We usually sit in the back row near in the lazy river section

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #2972
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Awesome I will be on the lookout for you! I'll be arriving on the 10th and plan on going straight to SAB for something to drink!!

~N
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #2973
ldnoggle
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I'm getting so excited to leave for the YC 2 weeks from TOMORROW!

Has anyone booked a mani/pedi or massage at the resort or somewhere close? I'd love to hear your opinions if you have- I haven't been able to find many reviews. Since I'll be in conference sessions during the day I was thinking of booking something as a surprise for my Mom one day- but wonder if its worth double what we pay at home for the experience.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #2974
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnoggle View Post
Has anyone booked a mani/pedi or massage at the resort or somewhere close? I'd love to hear your opinions if you have- I haven't been able to find many reviews. Since I'll be in conference sessions during the day I was thinking of booking something as a surprise for my Mom one day- but wonder if its worth double what we pay at home for the experience.
I've done the mani/pedi at Periwigs.. DD has had a massage at the Ship Shape Club. DD said it's the best massage she's had and she's had a lot!! I forget the name of the girl, but my daughter said she was so good that she actually went back a few days later for another! The mani/pedi was not what I'm used to... I always have that done before I go to Disney. I have however had reflexology at SSR and that was pretty good.

Have a great time! I leave in 11 days!
~N

Last edited by nannette; 06-28-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #2975
kandb
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great advice. I know the resort is big, so maybe I will request a room close to the lobby where we can go get breakfast/coffee in the am. I would also like to be close to epcot but can walk thru the hotel in the a/c to get there. Really looking forward to our first stay.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #2976
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
So glad you are enjoying. Lounge is small but won't be for long. It's doubling in size next year!!
Very cool!

Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #2977
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Having mattress withdrawal!

I feel that this has been addressed before but can't find anything in the old threads either. I really want to purchase the mattress we had and I thought I had all the info (wanted to the last time we stayed but did not get the info). I believe I remember somebody, maybe Teena indicating that it's hard to tell the brand etc. because mattresses get replaced all of the time.

They have the info in the hotel packet and says that it can be ordered thru the Disney Resort Collection. When going to the website indicated it redirects you to the Disney site to purchase theme park merchandise and no where can I find the resort products of any kind that are featured in the hotel packet.

To make it a little more convoluted - I took down the name on the mattress- Sealy Encore CSS Plush, which is different than what is listed in the packet. I have found both the Encore and the ones in the packet on-line at a variety of websites- so they are different Sealy models and still available. I also have the model number and have inquired with the companies and waiting for a response.

Finally to my question... the Encore CSS Plush also comes with a pillow top. I don't know if I didn't write this down or if it was not a pillow top. I can't remember what it looked like - should have taken a picture. We were BC CL- 5706. Can anyone tell me if they have an Encore mattress in their room and if it has a pillow top? The model number that I wrote down was #503156.

I know this is a bit crazy but hubby has a bad back and he really liked it - made his back feel great the whole week! Nothing we have found locally has seemed to do the trick after a lot of looking.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 06-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #2978
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's still on the Disney website.. Grandmas chicken pot pie! Those menus are usually pretty right and it was on there in April when i was there.

~Nannette
Thanks.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #2979
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnoggle View Post
Hi everyone! I'm getting so excited to leave for the YC 2 weeks from TOMORROW!

I did not have a mani/pedi there but the CM at the front desk was so helpful and it looked like it would be a nice place to get a little pampering.

I had a basic mani at home that needed to come off after a few days. I had forgotten polish remover and the marketplace did not have any. I went in there and they were nice just to give me polish remover to take it off myself. I thought about having a mani later in our stay but never got around to it. I would give it a try!

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 06-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #2980
kbceman
Earning My Ears

Hello! Our first visit to the BC will be November 27 - December 4!! We will be celebrating my birthday on the 28th with a reservation at Be Our Guest!! So excited to finally stay at the BC, we can't wait. We would love to be added to your Be Our Guest list, please
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #2981
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I have never stayed at the YC, so we will have to rely on others to answer some of your questions.

Thanks, pixarmom, for the photos and info!
Dee, happy to help! (And miss YC!) Love to see my info here - reminds me that it's not entirely outdated yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
One Day! (Thanks for the ticker Dee!)
Robyn, have a wonderful trip!!! And as you know, I can always relate to your packing stories (and my husband has all the extra bought-on-vacation swimsuits to prove it!)

1971DBday, welcome Back, and thanks for all the wonderful photos!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #2982
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will cancel one of them Sunday night when I get home from shopping with her! I've made so many life changes that nothing fits so I need to shop (I hate shopping)!!
~N
Buzzy the BC/YC resort fly is rumored to be quite the dapper guy. Are you considering consulting with him on your choices for resort wear??

For Mr. Nannette, this is Buzzy's recommendation for the man about the resort:

.... and for the ladies Buzzy recommends this look:

~NM
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #2983
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

I've been enjoying getting back to checking the thread the last couple of days. I'm wondering if I should even go back and check the 5 or 6 days I missed around last weekend (son's graduation party last Saturday with about 75-80 people!)...

Robyn & couchy - Have a FANTASTIC trip! And the same to all others leaving soon. I so miss WDW!! Robyn, I was laughing reading about your DH and packing. I have the opposite in my house. My DH would never let me pack a thing for him...he's an over-packer and often gets teased my me and the kids! I wish I could get back to a DIS Meet. Please give my best to Teena (and Pete if you see him!! love them!)
dfarner- thanks for the updates while on your trip. I saw that you started at POR. I may have to PM you (after your trip of course!) and NinjaMom about some advice. We are thinking of staying there our first night in October.
1971DBday - Loved your photos!! And congrats on being DVC owners!
em36 - You DH sounds similar to mine. I swear our trip to BC back in August 2010 converted him!
Teena - And thanks to you Teena , DH was the BIG push for me to book a F&W trip this October. I of course would want to go to WDW anytime (it's DH that says we have to go to other places too haha)!! Meeting and chatting with you throughout our trip back in 2010 was really special. I remember you worked most of the days we were there. You were recommending us to come back that fall. Well it took 3 years to get to F&W but it's around the corner.
Ninja Mom - I was thinking I would have to look into the 'Matthew McConaughey' view (remember that haha!) at the BC, but sadly I will not be at the Y&BC this October. But at least I WILL be at WDW! First night isn't booked yet but looking like POR and the next 6 nights are at the Swan (no Y&BC discounts for our time...and I had received 2 pincodes). I'm guessing your friend Buzzy doesn't resort hop does he??
Dee - DH and I will be in WDW October 9-16. Teena, I hope you will be working that Sun/Mon, because we will definitely visit. Dee, I have to get over to your other thread and reply about your upcoming trip...bet you are excited!!

Kerry
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 06-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #2984
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

What do you think is the best room (or area) of BC to request? We have reserved a garden view.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Old 06-29-2013, 04:18 AM   #2985
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

All our bags are packed (finally!) and we're ready to go . . . .

One more funny story about DH's packing. After we finally got him packed (9:00 last night) his glasses were missing. DH cannot see at all without them. Searched the house, the car everywhere. FInally had to unpack his bags and there they were - must have slipped off his head and into the suitcase!

THanks everyone for the well wishes. Wish you all were coming to the Dis Meet. Lovingthelodge - you were at the first one and I always think of you at the meets. Pixarmom - we MUST be twins.

Dee - so sorry we are just missing you but have a magical trip.

Teena - can't wait to see you and Lauren!

YCFAN - I will definitely miss my buddy! I will be thinking of you on the 7th. Of course DH will be relieved that I won't be stalking anyone at Narcoossee's this year!

I will try to check in but I am SO bad on the iphone!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: