Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #2956
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
Hello Folks,

We checked in about 9:00 this morning, had breakfast in lounge, and WALKED into Epcot. Never would I have imagined how cool that is without experiencing it myself. Our room was ready just before 1:30. We booked standard, club level. Looking out at trees, down and to the left is rooftop, looking right is the front emtrance portico and the Epcot ball. It is awesome to be able to sit on your balcony and see that. I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

Club level staff members are amazing. They are all very personable and friendly. Lounge is on the small side, I agree, but we did get a table this morning. Cast members were cleaning tables and replenishing very quickly.

SAB is closed now...lightning in the area. We are headed to MK!
So glad you are enjoying. Lounge is small but won't be for long. It's doubling in size next year!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #2957
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Yay for for being able to walk to Epcot!

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #2958
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
So glad you are enjoying. Lounge is small but won't be for long. It's doubling in size next year!!

Wow this is good to know!! Thanks Teena!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #2959
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello Folks,

We checked in about 9:00 this morning, had breakfast in lounge, and WALKED into Epcot. Never would I have imagined how cool that is without experiencing it myself. Our room was ready just before 1:30. We booked standard, club level. Looking out at trees, down and to the left is rooftop, looking right is the front emtrance portico and the Epcot ball. It is awesome to be able to sit on your balcony and see that. I can't wait to see it lit up at night.

Club level staff members are amazing. They are all very personable and friendly. Lounge is on the small side, I agree, but we did get a table this morning. Cast members were cleaning tables and replenishing very quickly.

We're right behind you! Our flight leaves at 8:00 tomorrow morning and should land around 10:30. We always have lunch at Beaches and Cream the first day then we walk over to EPCOT to (hopefully) get a fast pass for later that night after our dinner at Tutto Italia. Walking to EPCOT is just the best feeling.

Couchy - see you real soon!

Teena - we'll see you Sunday. We have a 8:05 reservation at Crystal Palace and will probably be back at BC early afternoon - can't wait to go to SAB!

Lounge is doubling in size? Fabulous!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 06-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #2960
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Hello everyone! Well we have been back for almost two weeks now. I've gotten past four of the five of us being sick, Uncle having a heart attack, a graduation party, catching up with work and oh yeah - FINALLY becoming DVC owners!!!!! So will this be my only trip to the BC - heck no. But for now we are planning on AKL for 2014. Since we are getting our first set of points as of February 2013 we will have double the points for our next trip in June of 2014, so we are going to take my husband's cousin and her three kids with us.

Anyway, I have FINALLY downloaded photos from the trip and here are some specific ones to the Y&BC -

The lobby was gorgeous and I loved being greeted by the CMs with their iPads looking up my information immediately. Check-in was very smooth and the lobby was beautiful:

We arrived two hours late due to flight delays so by the time we arrived at the BC our room 2621 was ready:

I requested close to transportation and a full balcony. Our requests were met (and I did online check-in). My sister had a SV and ended up getting upgraded to a GV (sorry I didn't get pictures of her room but it overlooked the lake side entrance to the BC and was just a few rooms down from our room). We were very close the lobby, Marketplace, SAB and the Solarium.

Here was our view:

Zoomed in:

After getting settled in Tropical Storm Andrea was pretty much done and so were we. We headed down to SAB for a bite to eat at HHs. I of course got one of these:

(My daughter would kill me for this picture, but photbucket won't let me crop her out - meant to be.)

All of the bartenders that I asked for one of these knew how to make it, but some of them disagreed on how to make the Sunken Treasure. I did not get in the middle of the arguments.

Here are some other pictures of the resort:

This was a private party one evening. It was Pirates of the Caribbean themed and this was the view of the party and fireworks from the party from our room:

We ate one night at the Yachtsman Steakhouse (OMG!!!), if I could get past the price this would be our favorite new restaurant. Here are some photos of the YC lobby:

My kids looking for a Hidden Mickey:

Thanks everyone for all of your help! We really enjoyed our stay and met some very nice people! We are excited to start our adventure of being DVC members!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 06-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #2961
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Congrats on being a DVC owner! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip news your room a SV? If so, then wow, that's quite a SV!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #2962
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Ok... so the next trip is just 11 days away and I am still playing with dinning reservations.... I just really do not want to have dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby....I know there are a lot of people on here who love that place, but I just really don't like anything on the menu! The friend (who has been to Disney once) I am going with (who knows nothing about dinning there) decided she wanted to eat there based on the name I think . So tonight I decided that I really do not want to eat there, so I changed it to Coral Reef. I have two Disney login names (thanks DVC) so I kept the Hollywood Brown Derby reservation just incase when I see her this weekend she REALLY REALLY wants to eat there after I show her the menu and I made the new reservation for Coral Reef under my DVC login (working the system ) I will cancel one of them Sunday night when I get home from shopping with her! I've made so many life changes that nothing fits so I need to shop (I hate shopping)!!

Anywho...

Have a safe flight Robyn! See you around SAB!

~N

Last edited by nannette; 06-28-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #2963
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Congrats on being a DVC owner! I'm glad to hear you had a great trip news your room a SV? If so, then wow, that's quite a SV!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
No, sorry, our view was a LV. Thanks. We are so excited!!! We are also looking forward to getting my nieces and nephew there for their first ever trip. We are hopefully surprising them next weekend for their birthday!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 06-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #2964
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Thanks Nanette! Hope we can meet up!

Well we are 11 hours away from our flight and not only is DH not packed yet - he's not even home from work! He ran home to mow the lawn and had to go back. He is still bringing his laptop with us but hopefully not too many client issues!

I'm done except for waiting for one more load of laundry (And DH!). DME tags are on the luggage and I can't wait to go!

Teena - ds' carry on had the least amount of things in it so he gets to carry all the tastycakes (hope they make it!)

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #2965
hill6
DIS Veteran

May someone who is going there in the next few days, please do me a favor and look at the dinner menu for 50s Prime Time Cafe and confirm they still have the chicken pot pie for dinner. All ears has it listed but their menu is a bit old. Another website which has a more recent update doesn't show it for dinner. Thank you so much.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #2966
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
May someone who is going there in the next few days, please do me a favor and look at the dinner menu for 50s Prime Time Cafe and confirm they still have the chicken pot pie for dinner. All ears has it listed but their menu is a bit old. Another website which has a more recent update doesn't show it for dinner. Thank you so much.
It's still on the Disney website.. Grandmas chicken pot pie! Those menus are usually pretty right and it was on there in April when i was there.

~Nannette
Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #2967
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Ok... so the next trip is just 11 days away and I am still playing with dinning reservations.... I just really do not want to have dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby....I know there are a lot of people on here who love that place, but I just really don't like anything on the menu! The friend (who has been to Disney once) I am going with (who knows nothing about dinning there) decided she wanted to eat there based on the name I think . So tonight I decided that I really do not want to eat there, so I changed it to Coral Reef. I have two Disney login names (thanks DVC) so I kept the Hollywood Brown Derby reservation just incase when I see her this weekend she REALLY REALLY wants to eat there after I show her the menu and I made the new reservation for Coral Reef under my DVC login (working the system ) I will cancel one of them Sunday night when I get home from shopping with her! I've made so many life changes that nothing fits so I need to shop (I hate shopping)!!

Anywho...

~N
Oh just tell your friend that you are highly educated in all things WDW and you know what is best for her.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 06-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #2968
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Oh just tell your friend that you are highly educated in all things WDW and you know what is best for her.
Lol! Or I could say ok you eat there I'll eat here and we'll meet when we're finished!! Lol!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #2969
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
1) some husbands pick the resort/make the plans

cough cough

2) Mickey Mail just arrived!!!! Whooo hooooo!
Can you teach my DH

Quote:
Hello Folks,

Sounds great! I love looking out our patio and seeing Epcot and walking through the international gateway
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

Anywho...

~N
Nannette I will see you soon

If I can remember how to post a pic, I will post one of DH and I so people around SAB know who we are and to say hello.

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 06-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #2970
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Nannette I will see you soon
If I can remember how to post a pic, I will post one of DH and I so people around SAB know who we are and to say hello.
Awesome! Can't wait! I'll post live while I'm there and tell people where i'm sitting by SAB if anyone else checks dis while on vacation!

~Nannette

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: