Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #271
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post

I think I really posted this helpful advice so I can see my TICKER!!!! FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!

See you there! At the moment I have suitcases and clothing everywhere. I need to start throwing things into the suitcases and then clean my house. I don't want any burglars to think I''m a slob!

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #272
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Hi all! I've been following this thread and getting so much good info for our YC trip in November. Tomorrow is our 180 days -- anyone have thoughts about our current plan? No dining plan here as of yet (we usually do better paying out of pocket, and hope for a resort discount over FD). Do you all mind if I ask for some dining input??

I'm nervous about getting the ressies we want, esp with the new system being so finicky! Any words of advice?

Should I book more ressies - esp for dinners? We will have our 2yo DD in tow, so I was afraid to book too many TS meals.

Here are our tentative plans/ressie wishlist:

Sun, 11/10: Arrive ~12pm, L: B&C (or another resort CS); D: Flying Fish

Mon, 11/11: MK day; B: CP at 8:05; L: Pecos Bills; D: Epcot/resort CS

Tues: 11/12: Epcot day; B/L: CS; D: San Angel Inn

Wed: 11/13: AK day; B: CS; L: Flame Tree BBQ; D: BOG or Cali Grill (before heading to the Electical Parade/Wishes)

Thurs: DHS day; B: CS; L: SciFi; D: BOG or Cali Grill (~5:30pm)

Fri: MK day; B: CS (or CP at 8:05 if we can't get it for Monday); L: MK CS; D: Coral Reef (haven't eaten here before, and know it doesn't seem to get great reviews, but thought our DD would love the aquarium)
We ate at Coral Reef and LOVED it. I thought the food was good...not the best I ever had but definitely good enough that I would go back. My kids (3 and 15months at the time) loved looking at the aquarium during dinner. When we got to the restaurant we asked to be seated next to the aquarium. They said they would do their best and all worked out. I hope you get all the ADRs you want.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #273
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

On the subject of suprising the little ones

Leaving in 3 weeks and my niece was not going to tell her daugher (I am taking her for her first visit) until we were 1 week out. However she had the Mickey countdown app on the phone and Zoey saw it. That is one bouncing off the wall child!

Almost done with the Safari shirt for her to wear to AK, then all I have left to make if the Snow White dress and the Belle dress.

Judy

June 4 - 9th BC SV CL
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #274
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

Just got an email from TA. She was able to switch us from YC to BC. Hopefully, that will make the daughter a bit more happy.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #275
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Thanks!!! We appreciate the help and input.

I think your post count is fine (10 are needed, I believe) for posting photos. I have some directions about posting pictures on Page 1, Other Useful Info, or I can talk you through it when the time comes.

The main thing you need to do is add your pictures to a photo sharing site- I use Photobucket

By the way- I have just added a few more pictures from my files to the view threads.
We're also staying bc GV CL for 3 nights this weds. I'm happy to share pics of the lounge and the room views if you want
Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #276
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post
We ate at Coral Reef and LOVED it. I thought the food was good...not the best I ever had but definitely good enough that I would go back. My kids (3 and 15months at the time) loved looking at the aquarium during dinner. When we got to the restaurant we asked to be seated next to the aquarium. They said they would do their best and all worked out. I hope you get all the ADRs you want.
Just added an ADR for Coral Reef for our June trip. Was thinking my daughter (17 mths) was too young for it. Great to hear your kids enjoyed it.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #277
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
Just added an ADR for Coral Reef for our June trip. Was thinking my daughter (17 mths) was too young for it. Great to hear your kids enjoyed it.
Another vote for Coral Reef with little ones....Took my son last year when he was 2 1/2 and he loved it We requested a table near the tank and got one. We checked in at 11:15am for an 11:30am PS so it worked out well. We are going again this August and having a special Nemo themed cake made to celebrate his adoption. He actually remembered this restaurant and requested it for this trip

Last edited by KerriL; 05-13-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #278
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
Oh good! I hope you enjoy it and your daughter enjoys it as much as my kids did!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #279
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhhhh, 4 more days I can't believe it's almost here!! As the first time we've traveled as a family of five I can't believe all that has gone into planning and prepping for this trip. I really thought I had a major jumpstart but here I am just under 48 hours from when we leave and I still have so much to do! Fingers crossed we manage to get it all done in time. We don't have to catch a plane, but we are already leaving very late in the day so my sister can work. Won't be stopping overnight until somewhere between 1 and 2am. Yuck.

But by Friday we'll be at Mickey Mouse's house!! (that is how we explain to the little ones where we are going-lol)

And looks like we'll have a lot of company at the BC/YC!

Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #280
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

So happy today, not only is it my birthday! but it's also ONE WEEK TIL DISNEY!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #281
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Lover of the BC switches to the "dark side"!

So, I have been agonizing about whether or not we are actually going to book our trip in late August, and THEN the discounts came out! There was only BC LV rooms available, and our friends want CL (and I would much rather pay more for CL than for a view), so I checked YC and they had availability with the discount! Looked at the flights and I think I can make it work (DD is flying from out west where she is visiting my sister and we can meet in the airport halfway and all fly down together!). Called and the airline is trying to revive a dearly departed travel credit from March 2012, and if so I will try to book the flight down tomorrow! Yee haaaaaawwwww...

Texted my friend and she said that her DS is obsessed with boats so they would prefer the YC, so they called and switched to YC CL and saved about $1000! We put on our reservation to have rooms close to each other. We all went out to a fundraiser on Saturday night and DH seemed to be getting excited about it (when he and the other husband started talking about a tee time!)

They are committed park tourers and do not want to discuss heading back to the resort for a rest in the afternoon. We will get along just fine. Now to get together on ADRs!! DD wants to book Coral Reef so I will try to arrange that.

Also, I am booking a day early because with the coordination with DD's flight, we are limited in our flights in to MCO. We will have to arrive at 11:30 p.m. and our friends are arriving at 1 pm on Saturday. So, I want to book travel time for FRIDAY and stay at Pop one night, then transfer to the YC. I'm hoping that they will allow us to have our bags sent directly to the YC and that we can hop ME to Pop for the night, then get a cab to the YC in the morning. I know we won't be able to check in until 3, but I'm hoping careful packing will make it less painful. We will pay another $125 for one night at Pop but we get ONE FULL DAY MORE AT DISNEY. Why not???

Once I book the flight, it will be more real... SO EXCITED.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 05-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #282
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Did I mention that we are going to try to surprise the kids???? The other family's kids know they are going, but NOT that we are going with them! The kids are BFFs and we have traveled together before. They will LOSE IT.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #283
poly princess
Mouseketeer

What to expect when your staying at Beach Club?

Hello...

DH and I have booked our 1st stay at the BC! We are so excited, but have a few random questions....

When busing to MK how many stops are on BC/YC bus route?
Can you float around in Storm along bay in an inner tube?
What is the best part of the staying at the BC?

Thank you!
Poly
Old 05-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #284
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
A word of warning about gift cards. They are like cash. If you lose it, you lose the total value. Disney may or may not be able to look it up and cancel.

This is what we do. We buy gift cards (in Target using our Redcard for 5% off) in $50 increments. I leave them in the room safe. Then we pay for our meals using our KTTW card. I then periodically go to the front desk and pay off our balance.

The first year I used gift cards in lieu of the dining plan, I was walking around with a $500 gift card and it made me a wreck (I lose stuf a lot - ADD).

I think I really posted this helpful advice so I can see my TICKER!!!! FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!

Thanks for that tip!!! I didn't even think of that!! I lose my cell phone while I am talking on it.... so I definately don't want to lose a gift card.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #285
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly princess View Post
Hello...

DH and I have booked our 1st stay at the BC! We are so excited, but have a few random questions....

When busing to MK how many stops are on BC/YC bus route?
Can you float around in Storm along bay in an inner tube?
What is the best part of the staying at the BC?

Thank you!
Poly
Stayed at YC, not BC.

But, I can tell you that going to MK, we only stopped YC and BC.

Yes, SAB has inner tubes that you can float in.

For me, the best part of YC/BC is hands down the location. The ability to walk to 2 parks is priceless for my family.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: